Author Topic: Filco + Wyse/moogle problem  (Read 2219 times)

Offline PointyFox

Filco + Wyse/moogle problem
« on: Thu, 18 October 2012, 20:49:49 »
I have a Wyse and moogle set on my Filco, and the keycaps on the left side are scraping the paint off the inner edge of the keyboard and sometimes getting stuck on the edge.  Is it a problem with my board or the caps, and is it fixable?  Also, my G, H, J, and K Wyse keys all sit at different rotations.  Has anyone seen this before and how common is it for misrotated stems?

Offline suprsmo

• Sydney, Australia
Re: Filco + Wyse/moogle problem
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 18 October 2012, 20:53:19 »
I had this same issue with my moogle kit and my camo.

in the end, had to use the original cherry left shift I had, as the new SP one got caught inside the the case.

Those camos are a bit funky in that, the top sheet of the case is often quiite over alligned to the right. :l
Poker
QFR

Offline PointyFox

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 18 October 2012, 20:57:05 »
I had this same issue with my moogle kit and my camo.

in the end, had to use the original cherry left shift I had, as the new SP one got caught inside the the case.

Those camos are a bit funky in that, the top sheet of the case is often quiite over alligned to the right. :l

I hope it's not the case for all SP caps.  For some reason the rest of the keys on the keyboard like the arrow and functions keys look too far to the right instead of the left like the alpha/mod/number keys.

Offline jeroplane

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 18 October 2012, 21:39:02 »
I bought an aggiejy RGB mod set (which I believe is SP profile) from whiskerBox, and whisker had shaved off a bit off the left shift's bottom edge to fit his Filco better (he had also included a non-shaved left shift). This worked out for me since I'm using it on my Filco, and it just clears the edge now. You can't tell that's been shaved when it's on the board. However, all the other keys seem to be fine (SP profile Ctrl, original Cherry DS) as it seems their bottom edge sits below the edge of the case.

So shaving might be an option if you don't mind modifying your keys a little. Other than that, I don't think there is really a non-destructive way of fixing this issue, unfortunately.
« Last Edit: Thu, 18 October 2012, 21:44:11 by jeroplane »

My signature hasn't changed since 2012. I should really update it.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 18 October 2012, 21:53:32 »
filcos are subpar, plain and simple. you should have bought a ducky with alps or an ione board.
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 18 October 2012, 23:09:45 »
Don't bash the Duckies! I want one someday!

Offline PointyFox

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 19 October 2012, 21:54:10 »
filcos are subpar, plain and simple. you should have bought a ducky with alps or an ione board.
I know you're joking, but mentioning iOne is going too far.  I have invented new swears just for those boards.