Author Topic: Filco Majestouch-2 mx-brown  (Read 1381 times)

Offline gorebrush

Filco Majestouch-2 mx-brown
« on: Sat, 20 October 2012, 13:47:18 »
Typing to you all on my new purchase. This baby set me back £120 of my Great British Pounds and it was worth every penny.

I'd love to try a keyboard with Cherry MX Blue's but fear they may be too loud for work (ultimately I want a second keyboard to take to work with me as there are only rubber domed junk ones at work)

I work shifts too so don't have a regular desk in order to leave a keyboard there.

Am tempted to get a Blue version of this keyboard and use that at home, but I am also more than happy to get another one of these keyboards as it is just devine!

Love it!

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
Re: Filco Majestouch-2 mx-brown
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 20 October 2012, 20:21:47 »
Glad you like your Filco! They are indeed great keyboards. Blues are pretty loud, so I'd probably leave it at home if you're in a work environment that's generally quiet.
I love Elzy

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 21 October 2012, 04:26:00 »
Depending on your work environment, blues may indeed be too loud.  Mine (a Ducky Shine (version 1) with MX blues) is drowned out by the arguments, er, enthusiastic discussions, that occur down the rough end of the office, but in quieter moments it does seem like the keyboard is the loudest thing.  No-one has complained yet :)

If you will be taking the keyboard back and forth, TKL would be a good idea.  Apart from being smaller (and thus more likely to fit into a bag), it is also somewhat lighter.

And/or consider a special carrying case.  There are a couple of threads here, and I think one of the major vendors also sells cases.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline tcv

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 21 October 2012, 17:25:25 »
Had a blue tenkeyless and I currently use a DAS with browns at work.

I would not use a keyboard with blues at work. I think brown is the threshold of acceptable.

If you have your own office and aren't around others then maybe that could work though

Offline ValerieV

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 21 October 2012, 17:38:48 »
I use my cherry mx blue keyboard (DAS) at work and at first people thought i was nuts. It was clicky and it had no lettering. One day i called in sick and other people used my desk. They all loved the keyboard and said how they wished they had one like that (with the lettering). The Filco browns are nice though but i am torn between Filco browns and Leopold browns.  :-\

Offline anomaly

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 22 October 2012, 17:14:43 »
I have the original Majestouch mx browns. It's the keyboard I use the most. I love the sound they make when I bottom out (I love bottoming out). I prefer browns when typing and FPS gaming over blues. Great keyboard!
Filco Majestouch tenkeyless blues | Filco Majestouch browns | Unicomp buckling spring | Realforce 103UB 55g