Author Topic: Keys not working on Rosewill RK9000  (Read 3280 times)

Offline dc

Keys not working on Rosewill RK9000
« on: Sun, 21 October 2012, 13:07:27 »
This isn't my board personally but my girlfriends. When she first got it the caps lock key didn't work and was considering returning it but it just started working after a day or two. Today the escape key has stopped working now. Any idea what would cause that? Is the whole board just faulty?

Offline blighty

Re: Keys not working on Rosewill RK9000
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 21 October 2012, 13:33:08 »
Taken from Newegg's feedback comments for the RK9000:

Manufacturer Response:
Dear Valued Customer,
Thank you very much for purchasing this unit. We strive to provide the most reliable and highest quality products to our customers. Please kindly contact the Rosewill support team either via phone at 800-575-9885 or via email at rma@rosewill.com so we may assist you with a replacement.
Thanks,
Rosewill Customer Care

At least going through RMA will "guarantee" a fully functioning keyboard (maybe).   :))
LZ ergo (MX silent red) | JER - A06 (MX silent black-red springs) | Duck Lightsaver V2 (MX red) | Duck Octagon V2 (gateron clear) (lifted pads) | Duck Orion V2 (gateron red) | TKC 1800 (gateron silent reds) | Mistel MD770 (MX red with GMK silencing clips) | Realforce R2TSLA-US4-IV | Realforce R2TLSA-US4-BK | TX 75 (gateron clear) | KBDFANS 75 ("vintage" MX blues) | Kinesis Freestyle Pro (MX red) | MS Surface Ergonomic | MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL (MX black) | Phantom (Filco case) ("vintage" MX blacks | Spr1t 75% PCB x 2 (MX black and gateron clear) | Cherry G80-1865 (MX browns with black springs)

Offline dc

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 21 October 2012, 13:41:57 »
We're both aware of the sometimes faulty usb connector. Oddly enough she restarted her computer and its working again. Anyone have an explanation?

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 21 October 2012, 15:06:47 »
Rosewills are notorious for the USB port inside the keyboard to come loose because of the design and also how stiff the included USB cable is. How old is it? The newer batch that I got fixed this widely known problem by supergluing this port down. You need to open up the keyboard and solder down that internal USB port. This shows the port I'm talking about, and also how to take it apart.

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=36106.0