Author Topic: Things you hate  (Read 252643 times)

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
Re: Things you hate
« Reply #1650 on: Wed, 11 June 2014, 21:44:20 »
Microsoft Excel. Quite literally giving me a headache working with this disastrous excuse for spreadsheet software.

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #1651 on: Thu, 12 June 2014, 00:00:48 »
Right now I hate:

Siemens on-line fridge catalogue. There are dozens of models and I can't filter on the dimensions so I will have to look through the description for each model to find the ones that can fit my kitchen.

I hate that I haven't been able to re-adjust my circadian rhythm to be remotely normal: going up in the morning, going to bed in the evening.
I am going abroad for the weekend to volunteer 10-hour days and I am afraid that I am going to be seriously tired the entire time and also unable to sleep at night. Some things about it are also seriously stressful. I don't know if I am going to make it or if I am going to collapse and miss my departure time.
« Last Edit: Thu, 12 June 2014, 00:06:20 by Findecanor »
🍉

Offline Broduce

« Reply #1652 on: Fri, 13 June 2014, 21:06:27 »
fat people

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1653 on: Fri, 13 June 2014, 21:07:45 »

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #1654 on: Fri, 13 June 2014, 21:14:21 »
« Last Edit: Fri, 13 June 2014, 21:17:45 by nubbinator »

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1655 on: Fri, 13 June 2014, 21:27:42 »

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #1656 on: Sat, 14 June 2014, 01:28:39 »
That I love old keyboards with weird layouts that I'll never be able to use
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #1657 on: Sat, 14 June 2014, 13:55:04 »
I hate that Facebook now requires you pay to reach the full audience who like or follow you. So if you run an ill ice cream stall and want to tell your fans about this new amazing green tea flavor you have, if you don't pay Facebook, only a percentage will see your green tea swag.

I use Facebook to find concerts. I missed a local show because Facebook ****ed me over with this advertising scheme.

I now hate the fact I needed to make a fake Twitter account just to follow bands and figure out when concerts are.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1658 on: Sat, 14 June 2014, 14:13:57 »
Right now I hate my neighbor's dog. The ONE DAY I get up early, and this stupid animal barks for 4hrs straight right above my office window.

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #1659 on: Sat, 14 June 2014, 14:41:32 »
Right now I hate my neighbor's dog. The ONE DAY I get up early, and this stupid animal barks for 4hrs straight right above my office window.
This happened to me during my finals week. It was 30+ degrees out side (I don't have AC in my room) and I could not close the windows, the dog was barking for about 5-6 hours...
This sucks more than anything that has ever sucked before.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #1660 on: Sat, 14 June 2014, 14:47:13 »
I hate that Facebook now requires you pay to reach the full audience who like or follow you. So if you run an ill ice cream stall and want to tell your fans about this new amazing green tea flavor you have, if you don't pay Facebook, only a percentage will see your green tea swag.

I use Facebook to find concerts. I missed a local show because Facebook ****ed me over with this advertising scheme.

I now hate the fact I needed to make a fake Twitter account just to follow bands and figure out when concerts are.
The ice-cream stand is at least a business, but this affects even non-profit organizations and communities. Yet another reason not to use Facebook.

Anyway, wasn't last.fm quite useful for tracking gigs? Not sure, I deleted my account, when they abandoned the free "radio" in my country.

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #1661 on: Sat, 14 June 2014, 18:59:24 »
Rain sense II wipers.  Though its an easy fix.  Pull the cover off the the rear view mirror mount, pull the connector, install the cover.  I don't need my car to tell me how often I need to use the wipers, especially with rain-x on the windshield.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline dante

« Reply #1662 on: Sat, 14 June 2014, 19:18:28 »
HATE  (sssssssssssssssssssssss)

1. Everything touchscreens.  Cars don't need them.  Cell phones suck with them.  <-- bring back the Nokia 33XX series :-(
2. "hashtag" this "hashtag" that.   POUND SIGN. <-- had sex with your goldfish while you were "hashtagging"  SORRY :/
3. Stupid words like "Frenemies", "Framly", and especially - "selfie"  <-- burn in hell creators.
4. Modern music that contains 5-10 words, usually repeated 2x-3x times in a row as if the audience has alzheimers.  Then you find out it took TWO people to write the song.
« Last Edit: Sat, 14 June 2014, 19:20:21 by dante »

Offline belac

« Reply #1663 on: Sat, 14 June 2014, 19:49:26 »

my biggest fear is that i wasted the last 4yrs of my life and wind up settling for some crappy 20k a year QA testing job  :'(
what have you been doing for the last 4 years?

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1664 on: Sat, 14 June 2014, 21:21:50 »

Throw the dog some steak and watch him go all quiet  :thumb: .  Be nice to your fellow neighbours because it will pay dividends down the road......

Offline Eszett

• Supporting the communities Geekhack & Deskthority
« Reply #1665 on: Sat, 14 June 2014, 21:25:52 »
people that open doors with paper towels
Um ..., I’m doing it :D, ’cause I fear bacteria! A reasonable habit actually, I recommend it. The cleaning woman cleans everything except the most critical spots, as for example door handles besides some other spots. And when you touch these spots you indirectly grab a hundred persons genitalia simultaneously, due to lack of hygiene, that is hand washing. Think about this. :-X
« Last Edit: Sat, 14 June 2014, 21:42:24 by Eszett »

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1666 on: Sat, 14 June 2014, 23:48:17 »

This!!!!! Sooo annoying, **** Facebook.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #1667 on: Sat, 14 June 2014, 23:52:16 »
Anyway, wasn't last.fm quite useful for tracking gigs? Not sure, I deleted my account, when they abandoned the free "radio" in my country.

The best way I've found to track concerts is social media. Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Unfortunately looks like Facebook decided to **** me over. I'm pissed I missed Backtrack when they came through.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1668 on: Sat, 14 June 2014, 23:55:31 »

The best way I've found to track concerts is social media. Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Unfortunately looks like Facebook decided to **** me over. I'm pissed I missed Backtrack when they came through.

Yeah I look on these and unfortunately I have to go to the bands pages to check up on them but there are SO many bands its tough.

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #1669 on: Sun, 15 June 2014, 06:01:52 »

at least we have hashtags on facebook now
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #1670 on: Sun, 15 June 2014, 14:04:36 »
in a recent commercial here there's a really old looking keyboard that sounds like nothing i've heard, even after looking up suspected keyboards on youtube, that gets on my nerves
the pull up a ****ty laptop and mock the sweet old gear

AND THEN THEY WRECK THE KEYBOARD
WHAT
THE
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #1671 on: Sun, 15 June 2014, 14:06:10 »
in a recent commercial here there's a really old looking keyboard that sounds like nothing i've heard, even after looking up suspected keyboards on youtube, that gets on my nerves

WHAT
THE
sauce?

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #1672 on: Sun, 15 June 2014, 16:18:25 »

WHAT
THE
sauce?
wat
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #1673 on: Sun, 15 June 2014, 16:21:54 »

WHAT
THE
sauce?
wat
source, like where can we see the commercial?

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #1674 on: Sun, 15 June 2014, 18:11:24 »

WHAT
THE
sauce?
wat
source, like where can we see the commercial?
it's norwegian and i haven't been able to find it
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #1675 on: Sun, 15 June 2014, 18:20:10 »
I suppose it's for the best lol

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #1676 on: Tue, 17 June 2014, 13:36:30 »
Split discussion into separate thread, and then lock that thread of discussion so there can be no discussion. - Moderation Team

Offline HipsterPunks

• Gangmember
  • * Maker
« Reply #1677 on: Tue, 17 June 2014, 15:48:05 »
sell out and eat ass

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #1678 on: Tue, 17 June 2014, 15:49:14 »
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline CK Briefs

• formerly calvins1
Things you hate
« Reply #1679 on: Tue, 17 June 2014, 15:50:05 »
Show Image

Fake coke brands? Yeah, me too.

Edit: I know it's about the spill lol
« Last Edit: Tue, 17 June 2014, 21:17:45 by CK Briefs »
Current Keyboards: Orion - 62g ergo clears;
A87 PS2AVR - 59g ergo clears; QFR - stock blues

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1680 on: Tue, 17 June 2014, 17:14:17 »
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #1681 on: Tue, 17 June 2014, 17:39:11 »
I hate that I get so ****ing grumpy when I'm hungry. I'm literally the exact market that Snickers is targeting in their ads :(.

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #1682 on: Tue, 17 June 2014, 17:40:48 »
Show Image

Fumblefingers :p
what sort of penishands fumbles things like that
why the **** does he fumble it over the keyboard
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #1683 on: Tue, 17 June 2014, 21:10:03 »
Parents that don't care that their 6 and 7 year old kids play in the street.  I understand super quiet residential streets, but if it is busy enough that the city paints a center line, than no.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline Anonymoose

« Reply #1684 on: Tue, 17 June 2014, 21:15:25 »
Sheltered self righteous twats with no real life experience that sit behind their computers all day and think they know everything about everything.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1685 on: Tue, 17 June 2014, 21:24:19 »
Sheltered self righteous twats with no real life experience that sit behind their computers all day and think they know everything about everything.

Offline deepthawt

• ︻̷̿┻̿═━一
    • my programming hobby site, interactive jigsaws, photos &c
« Reply #1686 on: Tue, 17 June 2014, 21:28:16 »
people who become friendly after you lose a lot of weight.
More
[| Ducky Shine II 9087 Yellow LED/BlueMX  |  Saitek Eclipse II  |  IBM Model M 1391401  | Cherry G80-5000  |  Logitech diNovo Mini  |  Microsoft Natural Ergonomic 4000  |  Matias Quiet Pro PC  |  Dell TH836  |  NEC KB-6923  |  Fujitsu FKB4700  |  GearHead Mini USB  KB1700U (89 key) | Filco Majestouch-2 ninja/blues  |   Matias Mini Quiet Pro PC | Ducky Shine 4/Clear MX | E Element RGB Silver/Black Outemu |]

Offline deepthawt

• ︻̷̿┻̿═━一
    • my programming hobby site, interactive jigsaws, photos &c
« Reply #1687 on: Tue, 17 June 2014, 21:37:39 »
TV announcers that say 'kids' instead of 'children'
and otherwise mangle the english language with phrases such as
'Did you sleep in your contacts last night?'
More
[| Ducky Shine II 9087 Yellow LED/BlueMX  |  Saitek Eclipse II  |  IBM Model M 1391401  | Cherry G80-5000  |  Logitech diNovo Mini  |  Microsoft Natural Ergonomic 4000  |  Matias Quiet Pro PC  |  Dell TH836  |  NEC KB-6923  |  Fujitsu FKB4700  |  GearHead Mini USB  KB1700U (89 key) | Filco Majestouch-2 ninja/blues  |   Matias Mini Quiet Pro PC | Ducky Shine 4/Clear MX | E Element RGB Silver/Black Outemu |]

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #1688 on: Wed, 18 June 2014, 05:59:46 »

(Attachment Link)
rherhehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1689 on: Wed, 25 June 2014, 16:49:35 »
One of least favorite my subordinates at work likes to hit his Enter key as hard as humanly possibly whenever he's finished with something.

I am thinking of silencing that one key before he comes in.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #1690 on: Wed, 25 June 2014, 16:50:48 »
One of least favorite my subordinates at work likes to hit his Enter key as hard as humanly possibly whenever he's finished with something.

ROFL I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN

It makes me cringe :s
I love Elzy

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #1691 on: Wed, 25 June 2014, 17:13:05 »
MOTHER ****ING PRE-ROLL

True story, that advert had already been on for 30secs already, by the time it had finished so had the ****ing interview

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #1692 on: Wed, 25 June 2014, 17:22:20 »

put a hammer next to his keyboard ;)
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #1693 on: Wed, 25 June 2014, 17:26:33 »
ankles and knees

I have joint problems in summer and a job that involves a lot of standing

cane recommendations?
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1694 on: Wed, 25 June 2014, 19:59:54 »
Not so much hate but it's really disheartening and depressing to have just gone through 4 yrs of intense schooling, sent out 40 something resumes, and only gotten one interview out of all of them. I'm gonna be ****ing homeless in 7 weeks if I don't find a job soon :(

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
« Reply #1695 on: Wed, 25 June 2014, 20:13:06 »
I hate Macs and Firefox.
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #1696 on: Wed, 25 June 2014, 20:17:03 »
I hate Macs and Firefox.
what about chrome?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1697 on: Wed, 25 June 2014, 20:31:28 »
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1698 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 00:17:54 »
I hate Macs and Firefox.
what about chrome?

Or Opera?

LOL or Safari?

You just have to really hate IE the most dreaded piece of rubbish to ever fill up anyone's monitor at first glance.

Would sooner pull my own eyeballs out with a rusty nail, then have to use IE to 'surf the internet'  8) .  ..............Sorry but true.

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
  • When caffeine isn't enough
« Reply #1699 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 00:46:30 »
Knowing you have to get sleep to function the next day, but wanting to surf threads instead.