Author Topic: Make sure you put your keys in the correct order..  (Read 1681 times)

Offline MissMurd3r84

• In IRC wondering why Kmiller8 is yelling.
Make sure you put your keys in the correct order..
« on: Mon, 29 October 2012, 06:29:49 »
So I was just browsing ebay instead of doing an assignment and decided to put a $10 bid on something..
I clicked it and went past the confirmation screen and didn't take much notice and next screen came up and umm well...
Current bid:   AU $10.50
Your maximum bid:   AU $1,000.00      :-X
I was wondering WTF happened, turns out my , and . were on backwards. I don't normally look at keys when I type, but for some reason when I was bidding I looked down and checked the keys rather than the screen. I had less issues with blank keys than I do with writing on them. So lesson learnt: Check keys are correct. I did have a good laugh about it though >.>
KBC Poker - Red switches. Noppoo Choc Mini - Black switches. Leopold FC700R (White) - Blue switches. Ducky YOTD - Brown switches. Razer BW - Blue switches and rusted.

Offline kinruan

• SWAG=Specially Weaponized Asian Grandma
Re: Make sure you put your keys in the correct order..
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 29 October 2012, 09:39:01 »
You can retract your bid, search in the helping table
If the world ends tomorrow, what should we have for dinner tonight?

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 29 October 2012, 12:05:01 »
I am sure that warranted some facedesking. Watch the horn unicorn.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 29 October 2012, 16:42:54 »
LOL sometimes I swap people's key caps around to see what they do, most here cannot touch type  :))
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 29 October 2012, 16:47:23 »
At least with $1,000 bid you can ensure victory in all but the most valuable item or extreme auctions.

Which reminds me I plan on doing this next weekend when I have to work around the office. They have those HP domes boards with all the same key profile for every row. Should be able to do some good ones.

Offline MissMurd3r84

• In IRC wondering why Kmiller8 is yelling.
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 30 October 2012, 00:03:55 »
I retracted it, but I couldn't help but to laugh at my own stupidity. Maybe next time I will take notice of the confirmation notice that pops up :p
KBC Poker - Red switches. Noppoo Choc Mini - Black switches. Leopold FC700R (White) - Blue switches. Ducky YOTD - Brown switches. Razer BW - Blue switches and rusted.