Author Topic: help me chose between these  (Read 1711 times)

Offline wheelspk

help me chose between these
« on: Mon, 29 October 2012, 13:16:50 »
hi well i have closed my choices between these :

keeping in mind i have to ONLY use for gaming and some typing.

also keep in mind please that i need a keyboard in which i can replace all the keycaps to my choice

1) http://www.ebay.com/itm/KBT-Pure-60-backlit-Mechanical-Keyboard-Cherry-MX-RED-switches-blue-green-LED-/121004381398?pt=PCA_Mice_Trackballs&hash=item1c2c6c54d6

2) CM Storm QuickFire Rapid - Mechanical Gaming Keyboard with Red CHERRY MX Switches

3)  http://www.ebay.com/itm/Noppoo-Mini-w-Red-MX-Switch-Mechanical-Keyboard-/330759333542?pt=PCA_Mice_Trackballs&hash=item4d02cae6a6

4) http://www.ebay.com/itm/KBT-Race-75-backlit-Mechanical-Keyboard-Cherry-MX-Switches-W-Blue-LED-/300801127291?pt=PCA_Mice_Trackballs&hash=item460924f37b

which one should i buy???

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
Re: help me chose between these
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 29 October 2012, 13:37:12 »
If you need the ability to replace every keycap, you already should have ruled out the Choc as it has an odd size spacebar, and the Race as it has 1.5 top row keys which are not easy to replace. If you favor that 75% style, maybe the Keycool 84 is a good choice instead. So then it just comes down to do you want tenkeyless or 60%. Personally I favor 60%.

Offline wheelspk

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 29 October 2012, 13:40:43 »
yes i just made my mind  up between the  cm storm  or 60% pure

but which one is better for gaming.????

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 29 October 2012, 13:44:20 »
Like I said I prefer the 60%, so the Pure (well I have a Poker, but almost same thing). I don't have any need for those extra dedicated keys on the right, and having the mouse that much closer is nice. BUT if you are into RTS/MMO type games a lot that use the function keys like crazy, it might not be as good a fit for you.

Offline wheelspk

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 29 October 2012, 13:48:10 »
nup i dont play mmo, just fps games...so all i need are the main keys and the numbers on top...dont need the rest of the keys i never use em....i have a CM tenkeyless but with blacks :( so i need reds now

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 29 October 2012, 13:50:29 »
Go for the Pure with reds then. You already have a Rapid, so it would be good to have something different.

Offline MadScientist46

• Snaged his first CCs -> HappyScientist now ^_^
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 29 October 2012, 13:51:07 »
i'm not really experienced, but i have a noppoo and a pure with reds, and i use both for gaming. the pure feels really smooth and is pretty nice for gaming (Quake Live, Battlefield). the only thing is i miss the f-row sometimes, but if that is not a big deal, i would favour the pure. (might only be because i prefer smaller boards over larger ones)
Noppoo Choc mini MX-Reds | KBT Pure MX-Reds/Green LEDs

Offline wheelspk

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 29 October 2012, 13:52:12 »
ok thanks for the info, will go for pure...can i replace all of the keycaps on it???

Offline MadScientist46

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 29 October 2012, 13:54:06 »
you can, but i dont know how hard it is to get a `~-key for row4 next to the right shift.... i have put a red cherry-key there.
pure has cherry stabelizers, so they might be a lil harder to pull, iirc. but even i managed that :D
« Last Edit: Mon, 29 October 2012, 13:56:12 by MadScientist46 »

Offline wheelspk

« Reply #9 on: Mon, 29 October 2012, 14:13:21 »
ya just saw that key next to the rite shift what type of key have u replaced it with??

Offline modulor

« Reply #10 on: Mon, 29 October 2012, 14:15:46 »
I have both, and I'd say if you don't mind learning the function layer of the Pure, it's a fantastic keyboard and layout.  If you want something more traditional (dedicated function row, arrow keys, etc.) you can't go wrong with the QFR.  I love mine, and I use it for my home workstation.  I use my Pure for travels :)

Offline modulor

« Reply #11 on: Mon, 29 October 2012, 14:17:12 »
ya just saw that key next to the rite shift what type of key have u replaced it with??

If you get an aftermarket set, you can use an arrow key or other bottom 2 row key, as they are typically the same profile.

Offline MadScientist46

« Reply #12 on: Mon, 29 October 2012, 14:21:28 »
i replaced it with a regular zxcv-row-key in the same profile as the other caps (in this case the red ones, still waiting for my keys to replace the alpha section). basically the two bottom rows have the same profile, so every 1unit key out of those rows should fit.
6984-0

i didnt need the original punctuation symbols on it.
« Last Edit: Mon, 29 October 2012, 14:26:17 by MadScientist46 »

Offline wheelspk

« Reply #13 on: Mon, 29 October 2012, 14:26:30 »
ok kool...i have the black blank keys i can just replace it one of em....

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 30 October 2012, 09:57:03 »
GL with 1.75 shift.

Offline Hyde

• White Tofu Extraordinaire
« Reply #15 on: Tue, 30 October 2012, 11:38:05 »
Yeah the right shift will be the one that you'll have trouble with.

It looks like about to be the same width as capslock so you can probably get an extra one from somewhere, though the key profile (slant angle) will not be the same.

Realistically QuickFire Rapid will be the easiest one to replace all keys.  While Race being the hardest one to replace.

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #16 on: Tue, 30 October 2012, 11:46:07 »
1.75 shift is not hard to find. But it depend on the keyset, if you want oem abs wasd stock it, SP stock blanks in abs and pbt usually, or you can go with Cherry keys it's easy to get from 1800, or many groupbuy with SP keys offer it now as an option as well. It's really not that much a problem, only problematic if you want blank oem pbt really.