Author Topic: Anyone have a spare qpad mk80? Or any idea how to fix mine  (Read 1082 times)

Offline addonadde

• -
Anyone have a spare qpad mk80? Or any idea how to fix mine
« on: Mon, 05 November 2012, 13:35:57 »
I accidently broke the cable which goes into the pcb. I tore off the darkblue cabel on it. How can I fix this or do anyone of you got a spare cabel?

Offline AGmurdercore

Re: Anyone have a spare qpad mk80? Or any idea how to fix mine
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 05 November 2012, 13:51:38 »
Where exactly you broke it? I mean how far from the USB is the cable torn apart? If there is enough length you can just solder the cable back together. If not you can get an old usb cable cut it and solder it together with the cable from the keyboard.

A little bit offtopic: I was wondering if you should get a qpad keyboard because i ****ing LOVE the mouse mats from the company. Are you happy with yours apart from the cable problem?
What the hell am I even doing

Offline addonadde

• -
Re: Anyone have a spare qpad mk80? Or any idea how to fix mine
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 09:48:22 »
Sorry for not replying in so long. I didn't just tear the cable apart, I tear a part of the connector containing one of the cabels apart. I've tried to solder it to the pin, and tried to solder it on the backside of the pcb but nothing works sadly.
I loved the keyboard, though I don't have much to compare with. The backlights are nice and blue cherry mx is as always nice I think. The thing to support your wrists breaks quite easily though.