Author Topic: Rosewill rk 9000i  (Read 1449 times)

Offline alexisXcore

Rosewill rk 9000i
« on: Tue, 20 November 2012, 01:03:35 »
Well, first i wanna say hello to geekhack, this is my first post ever, and this keyboard, rk9000 its my first mechanical keyboard ever and  have a couple of questions not so much about the keyboard itself but the shipping and stuff like that.

1.- I read that the usbmini input its somewhat weak, and the cable its very stiff so it doesnt help at all, any other usbmini to usb cable should work right?

2.- what do you guys think, rk9000 or rk9000i the only difference is 5$ so its ok for me, but i was thinking some time ago about using some dark green keycaps, so i have a black/green keyboard BUT the main problem is that i live in peru, in south america and the only mechanical keyboard endoser here is thermal take, not even razer or steel series, the more comercial brands have a lot of precense here, and dont get me started about, filco, leopold, rosewill, ducky, poker etc, so it will be pretty difficult to me buy some keycaps mostly becoz the shipping will be expensive and the resewill i'll get will be pay by i friend of me who is curretly in USA and this december 21 is coming back to peru. ah... TL;DR keycaps are difficult to get, should i get the black or the white/black one? (just the way they are i like the white/black more)

3.- i did my researched but i didnt find anything about out of USA shipping, i wanna know how expensive it will be to have another keyboard shipping to me withouth contact to a third party. i was looking wasdkeyboards page and it said something like 20 to 80$ the shipping, hell this rosewill is cheaper than the shipping  :confused:

thank you all for you time and im really sorry if i didnt explain myself clearly, my home lenguage is spanish not english,  ;D

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
Re: Rosewill rk 9000i
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 22 November 2012, 21:58:55 »
If price is a large concern, RK-9000 will be the cheapest full size KB you can get. Only difference between RK9000 and RK9000i is the case color. Key caps and internals are exactly the same.

Shipping a TKL is roughly 3.5 pounds, which is ~$30 by first class. If you really need full size, then it needs to be packaged very carefully to be under 4 pounds, otherwise shipping will be very expensive. A CM quickfire + shipping will be cheaper than a Rosewill + shipping. Just something to consider.

Offline WhipeeDip

Re: Rosewill rk 9000i
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 29 November 2012, 02:21:26 »
Made a thread regarding question 1 a few days ago, it may answer some of your questions about the USB connector.

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=37745.0