Author Topic: Where can I find a korean layout Filco?  (Read 1400 times)

Offline thefascinate

Where can I find a korean layout Filco?
« on: Tue, 20 November 2012, 14:37:02 »
Hi everyone! Been browsing these forums for a while, but just now made an account as I need your help. I am looking for a tenkeyless Filco keyboard with korean layout with cherry browns, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. I tried to search the forum aswell, but no luck.

Does anyone know where I can get such a keyboard? I live in Norway atm, so i need to have it sent over here.

Cheers.

Offline nar

Re: Where can I find a korean layout Filco?
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 20 November 2012, 17:25:54 »
I don't believe a korean layout Filco exists. Your probably better off finding a Leopold one.

Alternatively, you can check out the Skydigital nKeyboard Mechanic, its a Korean mechanical keyboard made for (apparently) the purpose of completely cloning the Filco so that FruitDealer would use it when playing SC2 as opposed to a Filco. Supposedly its made using the original plans/OEM for the short lived Bluetooth version of the Filco.
Keyboards: Topre HE0100 | REALFORCE 103UB & 104UB-DK | FILCO Majestouch 2 Ai Cherry MX Blue | CHERRY G84-4101SPAUS

Offline thefascinate

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 20 November 2012, 18:05:36 »
Thanks! I'll look into it. I'm not an expert, but when you say short lived, do you mean the quality of the keyboard or that is was on the market for a short time? The last would make most sense to me as Filcos are pretty badass. Don't have to much info on the bluetooth one you're referring to though.

Offline Daniel Beardsmore

• RIP
    • Boring twaddle
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 20 November 2012, 18:13:58 »
There were Korean Filco Zeros. There was a really clear video of one, but you can see one here:

Don't know that I've ever seen a Korean Majestouch though.
Bore Awards
Most Boring Person on the Planet – 2011 Winner

Offline nar

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 20 November 2012, 22:22:11 »
Thanks! I'll look into it. I'm not an expert, but when you say short lived, do you mean the quality of the keyboard or that is was on the market for a short time? The last would make most sense to me as Filcos are pretty badass. Don't have to much info on the bluetooth one you're referring to though.

On the market for a short time, I'm pretty sure its not available anymore.

Another thing, if you like Starcraft, last I heard BoxeR was using a nKeyboard Mechanic.
Keyboards: Topre HE0100 | REALFORCE 103UB & 104UB-DK | FILCO Majestouch 2 Ai Cherry MX Blue | CHERRY G84-4101SPAUS

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 20 November 2012, 22:34:30 »
Can't you get a filco, and just put korean keycaps on it? I remember there was a GB recently for korean keycaps.

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 21 November 2012, 18:21:51 »
The only difference is 2 added modifiers...
I love Elzy