Author Topic: I can't post in classifieds section!  (Read 4332 times)

Offline TurboDance

I can't post in classifieds section!
« on: Thu, 22 November 2012, 12:18:33 »
Is anyone else having this issue? The new topic button appears to be missing? I'm back at these forums since I need a new filco keyboard protector, but now I can't create a post! Help!

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
Re: I can't post in classifieds section!
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 22 November 2012, 12:19:41 »
You need 60 posts first. :D
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline TurboDance

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 22 November 2012, 12:28:59 »
Wow really!? Where am I supposed to post for my inquiry then  :'(.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 22 November 2012, 12:34:25 »
In the classifieds, when you get 60 posts in... It's not hard though, and you're 1/3 the way there. Just jump right in and start some keyboard conversation.

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 22 November 2012, 12:38:10 »
Wow really!? Where am I supposed to post for my inquiry then  :'(.
what kind of inquiries you need in the classifieds?
Keyboardless

Offline TurboDance

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 22 November 2012, 12:46:49 »
Thanks Tsangan.

I purchased a Filco tenkeyless about a year ago, and recently I decided I needed to clean the plastic protector which came with it. I made the mistake of throwing it into the dishwasher, and it ended up getting horribly bent out of shape. What I'm hoping is to find somebody with a similar tenkeyless protector that I can purchase from them. Either an extra from a box or a place to buy these direct. I have two very active cats which are constantly trodding all over my desk, and I've got to protect my nice keyboard from them!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 22 November 2012, 13:03:19 »
Use a tea towel to protect your precious until you can find a proper roof.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 22 November 2012, 13:29:05 »
EK sells some keyboard roofs.  Might wanna check them out.  Oh and welcome to Geekhack!  :)
Att fly är livet, att dröja, döden.
Din Eli

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 22 November 2012, 13:58:16 »
I think I may have a original filco roof but i do recommended the EK ones also.

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 22 November 2012, 14:03:01 »
The one EK sells is probably your best bet unfortunately no one sells the ones that came with the filco I know the EK one might be a tad expensive but it's worth it in the long run
Keyboardless

Offline rayuki

• RAAAAAAR
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 22 November 2012, 15:01:14 »
does anyone who has one of those ek roofs have comments on if dust gets in the sides? the pics show a bit of a gap there.

Offline TurboDance

« Reply #11 on: Thu, 22 November 2012, 15:34:03 »
Yes, Rayuki I had similar concerns about dust (or my cat's hair) getting in from  the sides. It is definitely expensive as well, as I live in Canada and shipping will be quite a lot on top of the 35 pounds to purchase.

It's too bad plastic ones are unavailable for purchase anywhere. That probably served me the best until I melted it in my dishwasher! I probably should have thought about that before I stuck myself in this predicament...

Offline wetto

• Brazil's Keyboard Enthusiasts Representative
    • Portuguese Mechanical Keyboard Guide
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 22 November 2012, 15:36:22 »
*ehem*

If you have the right resources, you can make your own cover.

;D ;D ;D

Smeagol_RP made this one. He's a freaking genius.

Anyways, no significant amount of dust gets in...
« Last Edit: Thu, 22 November 2012, 15:40:12 by wetto »
My collection:
More
Mice: Logitech G602, CM Storm Recon, CM Storm Spawn, Razer Naga, Ozone Radon Opto, Corsair M60, Tesoro Gandiva, CM Storm Alcor, Mionix Naos 8200.
Keyboards: Matias Secure Pro, Matias Mini Quiet Pro, custom modded Metadot Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silent (MX Brown, Costar), CM Storm Trigger (MX Brown), Noppoo Choc Mini (MX Red), Tesoro Lobera G5NFL Supreme, CM Storm Devastator.
Soon: CM Storm Quick Fire TK (MX Brown), CM Storm Trigger Z.
Boards I don't own anymore: CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid (MX Black), Logitech K800 (Membrane), Logitech G710+ (MX Brown), Thermaltake Meka G-Unit (MX Black), Corsair K70 (MX Red).
Mice I don't own anymore: Logitech G9x MW3, Corsair M65, Logitech G700, Roccat Kone Pure.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #13 on: Thu, 22 November 2012, 15:38:39 »
That has a gap either side too.

I prefer my tea towel :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline TurboDance

« Reply #14 on: Thu, 22 November 2012, 15:49:07 »
Holy smokes, that's self made? Epic! I wonder if he has any extras laying around? I'm sure the price would be close to elite keyboards, but custom made is always better!

The tea towel might have to be my solution until I can get my hands on something like that.

Offline wetto

• Brazil's Keyboard Enthusiasts Representative
    • Portuguese Mechanical Keyboard Guide
« Reply #15 on: Thu, 22 November 2012, 15:51:23 »
Holy smokes, that's self made? Epic! I wonder if he has any extras laying around? I'm sure the price would be close to elite keyboards, but custom made is always better!

The tea towel might have to be my solution until I can get my hands on something like that.

Well, the price itself is actually a bit higher than Elite Keyboards. US$ 35  + shipping, but the problem is that the shipping may be a bit expensive since we both live here in Brazil. Around US$ 20~35.

And I don't think he can make them to sell individually and with a different brand printed for each one. Maybe he could do if there was a group buy on them, or else it's too much of a hassle to do it...  :p :p :p :p :p :p
« Last Edit: Thu, 22 November 2012, 15:54:37 by wetto »
My collection:
More
Mice: Logitech G602, CM Storm Recon, CM Storm Spawn, Razer Naga, Ozone Radon Opto, Corsair M60, Tesoro Gandiva, CM Storm Alcor, Mionix Naos 8200.
Keyboards: Matias Secure Pro, Matias Mini Quiet Pro, custom modded Metadot Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silent (MX Brown, Costar), CM Storm Trigger (MX Brown), Noppoo Choc Mini (MX Red), Tesoro Lobera G5NFL Supreme, CM Storm Devastator.
Soon: CM Storm Quick Fire TK (MX Brown), CM Storm Trigger Z.
Boards I don't own anymore: CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid (MX Black), Logitech K800 (Membrane), Logitech G710+ (MX Brown), Thermaltake Meka G-Unit (MX Black), Corsair K70 (MX Red).
Mice I don't own anymore: Logitech G9x MW3, Corsair M65, Logitech G700, Roccat Kone Pure.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #16 on: Thu, 22 November 2012, 16:16:11 »
Chant along everyone:

GROUP BUY! GROUP BUY! GROUP BUY!

:D
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline TurboDance

« Reply #17 on: Thu, 22 November 2012, 21:50:33 »
GROUP BUY!!! Absolutely I would purchase one of these for $35 plus shipping if these were to be made available. Elitekeyboards is charging 35 pounds which is more like 70 dollars US, so definitely this is a better buy as well. Self made is much better than mass produced too. It would be really cool to have one.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #18 on: Thu, 22 November 2012, 22:01:42 »
^Are they really charging that much to you? I see $30 for those keyboard roofs...

Offline MissMurd3r84

• In IRC wondering why Kmiller8 is yelling.
« Reply #19 on: Fri, 23 November 2012, 00:27:12 »
35 pounds is more like $55 USD.
KBC Poker - Red switches. Noppoo Choc Mini - Black switches. Leopold FC700R (White) - Blue switches. Ducky YOTD - Brown switches. Razer BW - Blue switches and rusted.

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #20 on: Fri, 23 November 2012, 00:27:22 »
Balanar was trying to run a GB for keyboard covers, but I think he may have ditched it due to a lack of interest. He made a prototype.

Offline TurboDance

« Reply #21 on: Fri, 23 November 2012, 00:41:31 »
http://www.keyboardco.com/keyboard_details.asp?PRODUCT=633 yeah this shows at 35 pounds. $55 US is still a lot just for a keyboard cover. However maybe it's worth it if I ever want to upgrade from a dish towel =). Orrrr!!! Hopefully somebody makes a run of some unique handmade ones in a group buy? It would be awesome. Somebody should PM me if it ends up happening and I miss it. I'm not on these forums all the time unfortunately.