Author Topic: PBT or ABS Korean/English Keycaps?  (Read 2042 times)

Offline firebt

PBT or ABS Korean/English Keycaps?
« on: Sat, 24 November 2012, 17:54:02 »
So...my dad saw my Ducky Shine II and he really likes the feel of the switches :) (its contagious i know)

Anyways, point being is that he wants to order a keyboard, doesn't want any backlit, but prefers to be able to get Korean/English keycaps.  I'm thinking PBT for him, hopefully dye-subbed or something.  He's looking at Leopold's and Filco's, I'm leaning him more toward a Filco Majestouch 2.  I don't think he wants to spend as much as Topre, but yeah.  I think he really likes the Cherry switches, possibly the blue because he only types and likes the clicky noise. 

Anyone know a good source for these kinds of keycaps? Thanks in advance :)

Tommy

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
Re: PBT or ABS Korean/English Keycaps?
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 24 November 2012, 19:18:31 »
You just missed out on my groupbuy for Hangul dyesub pbt on white key, but you can get grey or blue set from imsto. Otherwise you could get with Hangul set as default if you order Leopold from Korea. There are probably some other options as well if can order from Korea I expect.

Offline Kruen

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 25 November 2012, 10:20:38 »
I'm really interested in getting some hangul keycaps, ideally ones that are backlight compatible. Do you know if Imsto's keycaps keycaps look good when backlit, or do you know of any other options?

Offline firebt

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 25 November 2012, 15:52:47 »
It's already pretty tough to find English keycaps that are nicely back lit like the Ducky's stock ones that only let light shine through the legend.  That being said, hopefully if you do ever find one with Korean please let me know asap.

I don't think my dad wants a Leopold, price isn't that much of an issue for him (he's a hardcore audiophile and runs a business selling high end amps and home sound system equipment).  So yeah, perhaps a Filco Majestouch that I can swap out with some nice keys for him. Anyways, let me know, thanks in advance!

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 25 November 2012, 16:11:42 »
If you want ABS you can ask WASD to laser engrave/etch them for you?

http://wasdkeyboards.com
I love Elzy

Offline firebt

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 25 November 2012, 18:14:44 »
Oh most definitely. I actually only live about 1.5 hours from WASD headquarters, my friend actually lives in Cupertino so he can actually just go there and pick up whatever I need. 

Do you know if they print/engrave Korean Hangeul?  That's the issue.  Perhaps with english as well. 

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 25 November 2012, 18:22:30 »
Yes they can print whatever you want, you just need to submit the design to them.
I love Elzy