Author Topic: Never introduced myself yet, so....  (Read 1794 times)

Offline WhipeeDip

Never introduced myself yet, so....
« on: Thu, 29 November 2012, 02:16:09 »
Hi! You may or may have not seen my posts around here. I'm relatively new, and never introduced myself yet. So here I am, introducing myself.
I'm currently looking for my first mechanical keyboard that won't cost too much. I've done lots of research so far.
I've created few threads in the keyboard section, asking questions. I've also been lurking around the classifieds hoping for some good deals but so far couldn't any. :(
So far, I like this place a lot, except for the post count rule for the classifieds section. Really need to post a WTB thread.
I hope I get a mechanical keyboard soon and become more active around this place!

Offline Shadovved

• * Esteemed Elder
  • King of Stickers (and GBs)
Re: Never introduced myself yet, so....
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 29 November 2012, 02:17:00 »
Welcome to GH!

If you want your wallet to stay safe and intact, stay off the classifieds!  :p :p :p :p

Offline iMav

• geekhack creator/founder
  • "Τα εργαλεία σας είναι σημαντικά."
Never introduced myself yet, so....
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 29 November 2012, 02:50:19 »
Welcome to geekhack!

What sort of keyboard are you looking for and what is your budget?

Offline hluo87

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 29 November 2012, 10:19:52 »
Welcome to geekhack!!!

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 29 November 2012, 13:42:00 »
Hi welcome to GH!
I love Elzy

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 29 November 2012, 16:47:55 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

You won't be able to post a new WTB thread in the Classifieds untli you have at least 60 posts, so browse the forums, and reply to threads that interest you.

You can say here what your criteria for a keyboard are, and we will try to help :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline WhipeeDip

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 29 November 2012, 19:10:08 »
Welcome to geekhack!

What sort of keyboard are you looking for and what is your budget?

I'm looking for a keyboard with blue switches, not sure if I want full size or tenkeyless yet.
Problem is, I'm limited to Amazon only unless I can find a keyboard <$50

Offline Vintage

« Reply #7 on: Thu, 29 November 2012, 19:31:15 »
Welcome to GH, man!
CM QFR w/ MX Reds  | Logitech G900