Author Topic: Bought spanish layout cm storm rapid on black friday.. keep?  (Read 1217 times)

Offline jakemfbacon

Bought spanish layout cm storm rapid on black friday.. keep?
« on: Thu, 29 November 2012, 16:47:42 »
Hey guys! So as most of you probably know Cooler master had the cm storm rapid  on sale with blacks for 39.99 on black friday. I already have a razer black widow with blues and I really wanted to try browns but it never seems to go on sale. Well I saw that they have the spanish layout with browns for 49.99 so I ended up ordering it because the picture of the box looks the same.
I later realized that the layout was definitely different and had the spanish symbol keys (duh!).
I tried to tell CM to cancel it however here I am typing on it!
I have a pbt engraved white keycap set I was using on my razer that I wanted to use on this. To my surprise when plugging this keyboard in it actually registers the keys as the normal US layout!
I also found out that the layout is actually the same as the 88 key ISO setup and I really only need to get some blank white keycaps for the enter key and shift etc.

So on that note would you guys say it is a good deal and to keep it or send it back? I just have to get used to the placement of the left shift and enter key. Also where did the ISO layout come from? I especially love how it has no cooler master label! Is this only because it is the spanish version or what?

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
Re: Bought spanish layout cm storm rapid on black friday.. keep?
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 29 November 2012, 16:52:39 »
The ISO layout is a layout standard set by *drumroll* the ISO, the European equivalent to the American National Standards Institute. Why? This.

Offline jakemfbacon

Re: Bought spanish layout cm storm rapid on black friday.. keep?
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 29 November 2012, 16:55:07 »
The ISO layout is a layout standard set by *drumroll* the ISO, the European equivalent to the American National Standards Institute. Why? This.

oh haha.. ok erg makes so much sense now.