Author Topic: rma or live with it?  (Read 1443 times)

Offline chewyfruitloop

rma or live with it?
« on: Thu, 29 November 2012, 16:59:48 »
Got my das (booh hiss yeh i know  :p) on yesterday
been playing starcraft and wondering why I'm not doing so good now
poped open text pad and lo and behold 4 only actuates when i belt it down....everything else goes on the click

i got a blue so i wouldn't have to bottom everything out all the time

i've mailed the vendor asking if this is an rma issue....just after the opinions of people who actually know about this

thanks
das blue, mac chicklet, old mac clear hair catcher

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
Re: rma or live with it?
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 29 November 2012, 17:03:58 »
If the switch doesn't work, RMA it. Although if the Das is PCB mounted, I can't recall, you could pop open the switch and have a look. After checking with Das that you can still RMA it if it turns out to be completely borked. Not sure what their policies are.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 29 November 2012, 17:14:19 »
Das is plate moutned.  Definitely RMA.

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 29 November 2012, 17:44:16 »
RMA my friend.  Get them to pay for the shipping too.
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline chewyfruitloop

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 29 November 2012, 18:01:47 »
well after i posted that it literally dropped off like a brick in out of a plane
instead of having to bottom out i have to hammer it now
its a real shame, today was the first day that my hands haven't been in agony after an hour at work  :'(

i've just checked kustompcs.co.uk where i got it from (they seem to resell getDigital.de) and they won't have new stock till the 6th now

...knowing my luck i'll get one of the even less good chinese models

thats what i get for building myself up i suppose

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 29 November 2012, 18:17:01 »
Don't hammer it too much in case you break something.  They are less likely to accept an RMA if the keyboard is physically broken.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline chewyfruitloop

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 29 November 2012, 19:02:18 »
it still works, just not particularly well
its all back in the box now
guess I'll be shipping it back to scotland on saturday :(

hey ho

fingers not looking forward to work tomorrow though