Author Topic: No more hidden lurker  (Read 2994 times)

Offline Barbastruzzolo

• No money to buy a Topre
No more hidden lurker
« on: Fri, 14 December 2012, 09:06:20 »
Hi everybody,

I'm not new to this site in terms of lurking activity :-) I speak italian and a little bit of english.
I was addicted to rubber dome keyboards before I discovered mechanical ones and my computer life changed forever.
Now I'm a mechanical keyboard's advocate and I love to bother my coworkers about this "mania"
Filco FKBN88M/UKB2 || Cherry G80-3000LSCIT-2 || Cherry G80-3000 LPCEU-2 || Apple Extended Keyboard II (QZERTY) || Filco MINILA FFKB68MRL/UKB

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
Re: No more hidden lurker
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 14 December 2012, 09:08:20 »
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 14 December 2012, 09:09:49 »
Welcome to GH!!!
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines."

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline RiGS

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 14 December 2012, 09:24:42 »
Enjoy the journey.
Last edited by RiGS; Jan 2011

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 14 December 2012, 14:21:51 »
Welcome to Geekhack yo
I love Elzy

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 15 December 2012, 00:39:08 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Which mechanical keyboard are you using?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Barbastruzzolo

« Reply #6 on: Sat, 15 December 2012, 01:40:35 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Which mechanical keyboard are you using?

Actually my Filco MJ2 brown switches tenkeyless :-)
Filco FKBN88M/UKB2 || Cherry G80-3000LSCIT-2 || Cherry G80-3000 LPCEU-2 || Apple Extended Keyboard II (QZERTY) || Filco MINILA FFKB68MRL/UKB

Offline mrboli

« Reply #7 on: Sat, 15 December 2012, 22:16:51 »
Welcome to GH :D
KBD67 Zealios V2 65g | HHKB Pro 2 | Filco TKL MX Black | Razer BlackWidow

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 15 December 2012, 23:11:14 »
Filco - nice :)  Any particular reason you chose brown switches?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Barbastruzzolo

« Reply #9 on: Sun, 16 December 2012, 04:43:38 »
Filco - nice :)  Any particular reason you chose brown switches?

When I ordered the keyboard I chose the "clicky version" (blue switches) but they sent me the wrong version (brown switches). I never complained because I'm an impatient person. They also mistook sending me two A keycaps and no S keycap in a set of 4 violet WASD keycaps. Anyway it's a beautiful keyboard and I love it :)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #10 on: Sun, 16 December 2012, 14:58:51 »
Fair enough.  Sounds like an eventful start to your collection.

But do you have a nagging curiosity to find out what blue switches are like? Hehe wonder how long until you get another keyboard ;)

Offline Barbastruzzolo

« Reply #11 on: Sun, 16 December 2012, 15:20:30 »
Fair enough.  Sounds like an eventful start to your collection.

But do you have a nagging curiosity to find out what blue switches are like? Hehe wonder how long until you get another keyboard ;)

I know how they feel because a few months ago I bought a Cherry G80-3000 with blue MX switches and italian layout from a local reseller. But after getting used with tenkeyless layout it's hard for me to use a full layout keyboard. To compensate, I'm now waiting for a Ducky Shine II with blue switches UK layout :)
I also own a G80-3000 with black switches wich was my first mechanical keyboard. After some time spent in using it I felt it was too hand fatiguing for me considering that I was in the beginning of my touch typing learning experience :-)
« Last Edit: Sun, 16 December 2012, 15:22:05 by Barbastruzzolo »

Offline precarious

• LOOK MOM, I'M A DRAGONZORD! DOOOO DODOODODODOODOO
« Reply #12 on: Sun, 16 December 2012, 15:44:01 »
hey i used to see your invisible user profile lurking before you registered, welcome to geekhack!

Offline Barbastruzzolo

« Reply #13 on: Sun, 16 December 2012, 15:46:18 »
Thank you all!!!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #14 on: Sun, 16 December 2012, 17:12:01 »
I know how they feel because a few months ago I bought a Cherry G80-3000 with blue MX switches and italian layout from a local reseller. But after getting used with tenkeyless layout it's hard for me to use a full layout keyboard. To compensate, I'm now waiting for a Ducky Shine II with blue switches UK layout :)
I also own a G80-3000 with black switches wich was my first mechanical keyboard. After some time spent in using it I felt it was too hand fatiguing for me considering that I was in the beginning of my touch typing learning experience :-)

Aha!  You already have experience of a few switch types - good :)

Just wait until someone tries to convince you to try a Topre keyboard.

Offline Barbastruzzolo

« Reply #15 on: Mon, 17 December 2012, 08:38:00 »

Aha!  You already have experience of a few switch types - good :)

Just wait until someone tries to convince you to try a Topre keyboard.

There are only 2 reasons why I haven't tried Topre yet:
1) The supercharged price in Europe
2) The lack of resellers accepting payments in €

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #16 on: Mon, 17 December 2012, 15:07:07 »
Supercharged prices everywhere ;)