Author Topic: Hello from PH!  (Read 3268 times)

Offline Garples

Hello from PH!
« on: Mon, 17 December 2012, 18:48:32 »
I've been lurking here since I got my first mech, which was last August, and I thought stop lurking and start posting(not spam though!).
Btw, my first mech(and only one) is a Quickfire Rapid, has blank Filco keycaps on it, which I bought 2 weeks after I got my QFR, because I didn't liked the stock keys :rolleyes:
I also removed the branding by sanding it down, and it now has a nice black color  :D

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: Hello from PH!
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 17 December 2012, 20:36:47 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

A lot of people (including me) replaced the standard keycaps lol.

Not many have sanded off the logos tho.  Anyway mine has MX blacks and that rubbery silver case - don't think that would sand very well.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Garples

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 17 December 2012, 20:50:12 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

A lot of people (including me) replaced the standard keycaps lol.

Not many have sanded off the logos tho.  Anyway mine has MX blacks and that rubbery silver case - don't think that would sand very well.

I have MX Blues and I also have the rubbery silver case, it wasn't that bad sanding off the whole case, it has the brushed metal look. I also used Pledge on it to make it darker and smoother.  :)
link to album

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 17 December 2012, 20:52:31 »
"garples does not have any public albums or public images. There's nothing else to see here." ??

Don't think I'd want to sand mine that much.  With the keycaps replaced, there are only 2 logos left (next to Esc and above the arrow keys).  Doesn't bother me.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Garples

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 17 December 2012, 21:02:37 »
"garples does not have any public albums or public images. There's nothing else to see here." ??

Don't think I'd want to sand mine that much.  With the keycaps replaced, there are only 2 logos left (next to Esc and above the arrow keys).  Doesn't bother me.

Oops! Fixed it. :P

Offline razorsharpgears

• TheOriginalBecker
    • Becker's 市場 рынок Markt - Sell/Buy/Trade
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 17 December 2012, 21:37:41 »
Welcome to GH. And I liked the sanded down QF, thinking of getting one and doing that myself.   ;D
Here at GeekClack, time isn't worth anything because CCs are money.
"You cannot plan the future. Only presumptuous fools plan. The wise man steers."
— Cosmo Lavish
|WTB/T/S| Thread ←Link

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 17 December 2012, 21:38:55 »
Or just get an unbranded case, if they are available yet.

Offline razorsharpgears

• TheOriginalBecker
    • Becker's 市場 рынок Markt - Sell/Buy/Trade
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 17 December 2012, 21:40:01 »
^Yeah I saw some posts on that, but not sure where available with 100% assurance.
I've heard people have gotten them from Fry's, but also that it is hit-n'-miss there.
Here at GeekClack, time isn't worth anything because CCs are money.
"You cannot plan the future. Only presumptuous fools plan. The wise man steers."
— Cosmo Lavish
|WTB/T/S| Thread ←Link

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 18 December 2012, 17:50:10 »
How did you get otaku filco caps? Unless they were really old caps from MJ1, because all the new filcos are either "ninja" side-printed or normal caps.

Welcome to GH!

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 18 December 2012, 17:59:46 »
They're selling blank Filco caps over at keyboardco right now. ANSI / ISO

Offline ShortStock

« Reply #10 on: Mon, 24 December 2012, 23:38:13 »
It is a hit or miss for those unbranded quick fire rapids.

Offline singaporean123

• I like keycaps and I cannot lie
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 24 December 2012, 23:42:38 »
putang ina mo !:D

Offline Garples

« Reply #12 on: Tue, 25 December 2012, 02:56:16 »

Offline singaporean123

• I like keycaps and I cannot lie
« Reply #13 on: Tue, 25 December 2012, 02:57:40 »

Show Image

haha, cheers buddy. That's just something my ph friends have taught me in tagalog!

Offline Garples

« Reply #14 on: Tue, 25 December 2012, 03:01:55 »

Show Image

haha, cheers buddy. That's just something my ph friends have taught me in tagalog!

oh ****, thought you're a filipino. lol btw that's how we greet each others, sometimes!