Author Topic: Heya  (Read 1809 times)

Offline Atakp

Heya
« on: Wed, 26 December 2012, 21:45:30 »
So I've been browsing the forums for over a year now but just recently decided to register. My keyboard story started with a Filco MJ2 with browns and somewhere along the way I ended up with a Noppoo mini with reds, a Realforce 87u EK 45g uniform, and a Realforce 89s 10th Anniversary 30g uniform silenced.

It's funny how on all the forums related to my hobbies the saying is "sorry about your wallet". I'm also a headphone audiophile so between the two my wallet is under a constant barrage.

When the day comes when I have to go back to eating nothing but ramen and I'm forced to start riding my bike to work then maybe I'll admit I have a problem, but until then...

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: Heya
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 26 December 2012, 23:59:12 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

That's a nice collection you have there :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Atakp

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 30 December 2012, 11:39:26 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

That's a nice collection you have there :)

Thanks Rowdy...and I blame this forum 100% for that.

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 30 December 2012, 11:50:35 »
Haha, welcome aboard...   wait until you get into keycaps.  There are so many of them..  so many. :-X
Att fly är livet, att dröja, döden.
Din Eli

Offline Atakp

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 30 December 2012, 13:30:40 »
I've been trying to avoid that part of the forum in an attempt to save money, but I'm sure it's only a matter of time.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 30 December 2012, 19:48:48 »
There are so many nice keycaps and keycap sets out there, you might as well just give in now ;)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline precarious

• LOOK MOM, I'M A DRAGONZORD! DOOOO DODOODODODOODOO
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 30 December 2012, 20:02:45 »
welcome!

yeah, i think there's some kind of bell curve where your keyboard-related expenditures increase until you get it out of your system, then you can settle back into just using the damn things. :)

Offline Atakp

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 30 December 2012, 21:55:51 »
There are so many nice keycaps and keycap sets out there, you might as well just give in now ;)

Ya I didn't think I would find much support for a money saving agenda around here :)
I own a small hangar at a local airport and there's a guy a few hangars down from mine that owns some kind of network and communications business. He has a Dolch PAC 64 collecting dust in the corner. Didn't realize what it was until I started lurking these forums. I might throw him an offer on it and see where it goes.

welcome!

yeah, i think there's some kind of bell curve where your keyboard-related expenditures increase until you get it out of your system, then you can settle back into just using the damn things. :)

That's how it went with my headphone and audio equipment also. I've already played with Topre, and I put in for the phantom GB, so the next logical step is to hang around here long enough to get lucky with a Korean board sometime in the future....hopefully.