Author Topic: Has anyone ever used these (double shot rubber)?  (Read 3268 times)

Offline KuhnTang

• Game of Thrones
Has anyone ever used these (double shot rubber)?
« on: Thu, 27 December 2012, 21:05:25 »
I bought these today to satisfy my curiosity, at the mere cost of $10 why not, right?  Anyway, they don't come in the mail for like a week or so.  Does anyone have any experience with these?  Are they good/bad?

They also come in lime green, but I got the orange, if they are good I'll get the green too.

Here's the link:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA1HC0D18108

Offline zoolzoo

Re: Has anyone ever used these (double shot rubber)?
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 27 December 2012, 21:24:05 »
They look neat, hmmm.
Leopold FC660C, Topre 45g | CM QFR, MX Blue | Rosewill RK-9000v2, MX Red | Cherry Slimline G84-4100, ML | Ducky One2 Mini RGB, MX Red

Offline phetto

• HHKB JP
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 27 December 2012, 21:32:45 »
The profile is so.... flat

Offline Vintage

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 27 December 2012, 21:44:36 »
lol.... that kinda funny.

Looks like they may be decent if you want a super grippy WASD cluster.
CM QFR w/ MX Reds  | Logitech G900

Offline MissMurd3r84

• In IRC wondering why Kmiller8 is yelling.
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 27 December 2012, 21:59:13 »
Contemplated getting someone to proxy some to me but decided not to. Look forward to hearing your opinion on them.
KBC Poker - Red switches. Noppoo Choc Mini - Black switches. Leopold FC700R (White) - Blue switches. Ducky YOTD - Brown switches. Razer BW - Blue switches and rusted.

Offline jeroplane

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 27 December 2012, 22:20:16 »
Lol that profile.

My signature hasn't changed since 2012. I should really update it.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 27 December 2012, 23:08:44 »
Almost like scissor keycaps with a rubber coating :D
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline precarious

• LOOK MOM, I'M A DRAGONZORD! DOOOO DODOODODODOODOO
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 27 December 2012, 23:50:47 »
let's make chinese finger trap-caps that permanently attach your fingers to the stems like a real keyboard octopus

all f s d l k

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 28 December 2012, 00:42:31 »
Wonder what sort of keycap puller you'd need to remove your fingers from the switches?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline quake4mhg

« Reply #9 on: Fri, 28 December 2012, 00:51:41 »
The profile is too low or I might try  ;D

Offline precarious

• LOOK MOM, I'M A DRAGONZORD! DOOOO DODOODODODOODOO
« Reply #10 on: Fri, 28 December 2012, 02:23:04 »
Wonder what sort of keycap puller you'd need to remove your fingers from the switches?

Offline gameaholic

« Reply #11 on: Fri, 28 December 2012, 02:58:41 »
IBM Model M SSK, Filco MJ2 Ninja TKL with Reds ergo-clears, CM Storm QFR 55g Whites, Poker II with Reds

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #12 on: Fri, 28 December 2012, 10:05:05 »
Yeah same keycap, they are made by Tai-Hao. Apparently they also make normal ABS doubleshots too.

Offline reverkiller

« Reply #13 on: Fri, 28 December 2012, 10:50:31 »
My brother bought them! (Well, I bought them and gifted them to him)

I have no idea what he thinks, but I'll ask him.
Stockpile: Das Keyboard Ultimate (Blues), Ducky YotD (Reds), Model M ('87), Poker (Reds), Siig Minitouch (ALPS) || In Progress: Phantom || Wishlist: Filco Japanese Layout (Browns)

Offline takaki

« Reply #14 on: Fri, 28 December 2012, 11:58:09 »
a flat head philips driver could do a good job.

Offline TotalChaos

• Indy Game Coder
« Reply #15 on: Fri, 28 December 2012, 12:08:57 »
I would have happily bought these a long time ago if they would sell me either:
A: A complete set with proper legends
B: A complete set blank

A complete set of rubber keys for $120.00 sounds great to me.  I would buy 3 sets if the rubber was soft.

How hard/soft is the rubber?
Rosewill RK-9000RE #1 (Broke on day 26, fixed with Scotch Tape on day 42, barely holding together)
Rosewill RK-9000RE #2 (Lubed, still in the box.  I am afraid to use it because it will break like the first one)