Author Topic: kmiller8's 40% Board (Where we're going... we don't need stabilizers)  (Read 47559 times)

Offline kmiller8

• Banned
  •  Post Reporting Timeout
  • Who is that kmiller8 guy?
Re: kmiller8's 40% Board (Where we're going... we don't need stabilizers)
« Reply #50 on: Tue, 01 January 2013, 22:59:22 »
I added my video to the OP since not many people have watched it :(

Offline whiskerBox

« Reply #51 on: Thu, 03 January 2013, 07:52:56 »
Spacebar is so small!!!!
"I'm on a mission to bring down GH's anarchy of moderators" -RIPSTER jr.

Offline oneproduct

• @Ubisoft
« Reply #52 on: Thu, 03 January 2013, 17:09:23 »
The one thing that I would suggest is having 10 keys on the middle row. Normally the left hand rests on ASDF and then goes right to hit G and the right hand rests on JKL; and moves left to hit H. Right now one of your index fingers only presses one key on the homerow, which really affects basic typing.

Additionally, while on Qwerty you can somewhat afford to lose ; on the homerow  as you`ve done, on colemak and dvorak you absolutely need all 10 keys on the homerow. I`d love a tiny keyboard like this, but it would have to be able to support 10 keys on the homerow.

Here`s what I came up with in about 10 minutes in paint. It`s in colemak but it`s not hard to imagine it in qwerty. It's 40 keys, (the one between B and K still blank, not sure what to put there). I made it symmetric stagger (you'd be a fool not to love it for typing!) but it would be easy to change to normal if you really wanted. Backspace could be made larger if desired. Shift and Space are the two most needed large keys in terms of common use. Enter is somewhat related to spacebar (making whitespace) so it goes near to it.

Important to note is that by using number row numbers instead of numpad numbers, you can hold Fn1 + shift to get symbols without needing another function layer just for them. The F1-F12 keys are more human legible if they match up with the embedded numpad.

The arrow keys are on the equivalent of WASD shifted one column over (ESDF). This makes more sense because this is the homerow position, and then the extra column on the left of it (which wouldn't exist if we were on WASD) lets us reach more. Home and End are placed sensibly (Home is like "super left" so goes right above it, same idea for End). Page up and down are on the two buttons that the index finger can reach comfortably.

Media keys make sense as well, eg Volume Up on Up and Next on Right, etc. In general it's very intuitive so even if you didn't have custom keycaps with label it should be easy to understand.

These function layers that you see here are what I'm actually using on my Filco w/ HID liberation device right now essentially. I'll post a Qwerty equivalent when I get back home since I'm sure many people are deterred by the colemak legends.
« Last Edit: Thu, 03 January 2013, 17:12:19 by oneproduct »
Layout: Colemak
Fastest typing speed: 131 WPM on typeracer, 136 WPM on 10fastfingers.
Daily driver: Filco Tenkeyless MX Brown with ergonomically weighted, lubed springs.
Ergo keyboards: Truly Ergonomic, Kinesis Advantage, Ergodox

Offline kmiller8

• Banned
« Reply #53 on: Thu, 03 January 2013, 17:57:20 »
Ok, I'm having a hard time understanding what you wrote, I'll try to answer what I do understand.

The one thing that I would suggest is having 10 keys on the middle row. Normally the left hand rests on ASDF and then goes right to hit G and the right hand rests on JKL; and moves left to hit H. Right now one of your index fingers only presses one key on the homerow, which really affects basic typing.

I'm not understanding this part, there are 11 keys on the middle row? I also don't understand what you mean, one of my index fingers presses one key, I don't see how each one isn't hitting 6 keys each.

Additionally, while on Qwerty you can somewhat afford to lose ; on the homerow  as you`ve done, on colemak and dvorak you absolutely need all 10 keys on the homerow. I`d love a tiny keyboard like this, but it would have to be able to support 10 keys on the homerow.

I know I haven't explicitly mentioned it, but I do plan on this keyboard being 110% customizable through firmware, so if you would want to shift that enter key over, or somewhere else entirely, it would be quite easy to do that. Which is why I haven't put a 100% definite layout.

Here`s what I came up with in about 10 minutes in paint. It`s in colemak but it`s not hard to imagine it in qwerty. It's 40 keys, (the one between B and K still blank, not sure what to put there). I made it symmetric stagger (you'd be a fool not to love it for typing!) but it would be easy to change to normal if you really wanted. Backspace could be made larger if desired. Shift and Space are the two most needed large keys in terms of common use. Enter is somewhat related to spacebar (making whitespace) so it goes near to it.

This is cool, the drawing I chopped out to save space, even though it is cool, I am obviously biased to the more "traditional" layout of the 33 alpha keys. Having said that, I see no reason it would be impossible to make multiple PCB layouts and if I do end up producing these in any way, shape, or form have a vote on which one would be best/more preferred. Another layout that has been mentioned is a pure 1x1 matrix, which wouldn't be too terribly difficult to make.

Important to note is that by using number row numbers instead of numpad numbers, you can hold Fn1 + shift to get symbols without needing another function layer just for them. The F1-F12 keys are more human legible if they match up with the embedded numpad.

That's another really cool idea. But as you can tell from the video, I really don't see this board as being a 100% replacement of more 'properly sized' boards, which Is why I haven't put too much thought into proper or useful layerings. But if I do end up doing something with that, I'll definitely be taking that into consideration.

The arrow keys are on the equivalent of WASD shifted one column over (ESDF). This makes more sense because this is the homerow position, and then the extra column on the left of it (which wouldn't exist if we were on WASD) lets us reach more. Home and End are placed sensibly (Home is like "super left" so goes right above it, same idea for End). Page up and down are on the two buttons that the index finger can reach comfortably.

More, confusing, layout speek :s

Media keys make sense as well, eg Volume Up on Up and Next on Right, etc. In general it's very intuitive so even if you didn't have custom keycaps with label it should be easy to understand.

Yeah, I guess, personally, I've never used them.

These function layers that you see here are what I'm actually using on my Filco w/ HID liberation device right now essentially. I'll post a Qwerty equivalent when I get back home since I'm sure many people are deterred by the colemak legends.

And with that, I've replied.

In conclusion. Interesting layout, no matter what board I make, it will be 400% customizable, and quit being so confusing :s

Offline inteli722

• Waiting for too much stuff...
« Reply #54 on: Thu, 03 January 2013, 18:27:39 »
Umm....What is this I don't even. This would be a cool travel keyboard, but I think it would feel a bit cramped. QUICK! SOMEONE MAKE A 9 INCH LAPTOP WITH THIS KEYBOARD DESIGN!

Anyways, This could be an interesting project to follow, but I'm not entirely sure if I'd buy it. If you can bring the cardboard version to market for $20, then I'll consider it! :P
More

Visit the Typing Test and try!
R.I.P. SmallFry! You will be dearly missed.
Leopold FC200 |  CoolerMaster QFP Browns | Quickfire Rapid Greens | Quickfire Rapid Blues
Waiting for: Phantom Plate

Offline oneproduct

• @Ubisoft
« Reply #55 on: Thu, 03 January 2013, 19:00:51 »
I'm not understanding this part, there are 11 keys on the middle row? I also don't understand what you mean, one of my index fingers presses one key, I don't see how each one isn't hitting 6 keys each.

Well first of all, if there's only 11 keys in the middle row, they couldn't possibly be hitting 6 keys each! That's the first bit that annoys me, the keyboard isn't symmetrical. The left hand presses 5 keys on the middle row and the right hand presses 6. If you completely removed the \|, which isn't a key that you use for regular typing and thus isn't really necessary because you didn't want this as a full keyboard, just one for "simple" typing, then you have a nice symmetrical 10 keys on the middle row (other rows would still be non-symmetrical though).

If the keyboard is programmable, the rest of what I was alluding to isn't important. What the "problem" is, is that you only have 9 _characters_ on the middle row and then enter to make up the 10th key. This isn't efficient because Enter isn't pressed very frequently and the middle row, aka the "home row," is a place where you should capitalize on typing because that's where your hands rest. Of course this is more a fault of the Qwerty layout which stupidly puts ; on the homerow, and enter is probably better than that for a "casual" typing keyboard, so I can't blame you. Dvorak and Colemak users would be putting a letter there instead, as you can see on my layout.

This is cool, the drawing I chopped out to save space, even though it is cool, I am obviously biased to the more "traditional" layout of the 33 alpha keys. Having said that, I see no reason it would be impossible to make multiple PCB layouts and if I do end up producing these in any way, shape, or form have a vote on which one would be best/more preferred. Another layout that has been mentioned is a pure 1x1 matrix, which wouldn't be too terribly difficult to make.

This is something that I really wish people would consider with an open mind! The default "staggered" layout has both your left and right hand inclined to the left. Hold both your hands out in front of you and angle them both to the left... Quite comfortable for the right hand, but it's just silly for the left! Both your hands should point inward. It literally makes no difference in terms of getting used to it. Each hand is still responsible for the same number of keys at the same relative positions, just now it's mirrored to better accommodate the fact that you don't have two right hands. If you try it, I guarantee you'd love it. There's literally not a single disadvantage to it.

A pure 1x1 matrix isn't that great because your hands point inwards, not straight... unless you put a lot of physical separation between the sides, like they do on the Kinesis Advantage.

More, confusing, layout speek :s

Okay let me try to explain this. Most people use WASD for moving in games, right? Shift that one set of keys over to the right. You're now on ESDF (which some people use for gaming. You can see that WASDkeyboards.com even supports this option in their customization!), with you index finger being on F. That F key is the index finger's "home" position, the scoop/nub. So when you want to use function layer arrows, your hand is already in position! You don't have to shift it over to WASD. As an additional bonus, you now have an extra column of keys to the left of your left pinky (which is why some people love it for gaming), which you wouldn't have if you were using WASD since there's nothing to the left of A on this 40% keyboard. This gives you access to more nearby keys.

Home and End are above left and right, because that makes sense. Pressing Home is like going all the way to the left, and pressing End is like going all the way to the right. The left index finger comfortably presses the key to its right (G) and the key down and to the right (V on a traditional keyboard, or B on my symmetrical one), so there are good places for Page Up and Page Down that remain in reach of your fingers.

----

And now I've answered your post!

Edit: Overall, our layouts are pretty much the same except for the staggered vs symmetrical. If you take the first 5 columns of yours and stagger them the other way, then take your backspace and \| key and put them into the space in the middle that you just created between the left and right sides, then you have my layout. What are the advantages? Now the top and middle row have 10 keys instead of 11, making them have the same number of keys per finger (5 and 5 instead of 5 and 6), and your hands will be more comfy! None of the actual functions of the keys matter since it's programmable, but I just gave an example of what it could look like, which I believe to be quite efficient and intuitive. Also, that blank key that I left above my Win key should totally be ' " because those are both pretty common in simple typing.

Double edit: D'oh... now I see why you need 11 keys for your top row... you silly Qwerty people have 10 letters on the top whereas we awesome (+sarcasm!) Colemak people have 9 and ; which we can afford to ditch. Drat! Well I propose that you move your backspace to the bottom row, like it is on the Kinesis Advantage and sort of like on the Truly Ergonomic.
« Last Edit: Thu, 03 January 2013, 19:49:32 by oneproduct »
Daily driver: Filco Tenkeyless MX Brown with ergonomically weighted, lubed springs.

Offline oneproduct

• @Ubisoft
« Reply #56 on: Thu, 03 January 2013, 20:15:05 »
Okay, so here's an idea for a Qwerty version where I can justify the symmetrical stagger and 10 keys on each row.

First thing, for those who like to press spacebar with their right thumb, just switch it with backspace.

As essomenona suggested, you can turn on NumLock if you don't want to hold down Fn1. This would make the red labels the basic functions of the keys and this functionality is already supported in the firmware that was made for the HID Liberation Device (called profiles).
« Last Edit: Thu, 03 January 2013, 20:33:18 by oneproduct »

Offline kmiller8

• Banned
« Reply #57 on: Thu, 03 January 2013, 20:33:24 »
so I was a bit bored

EDIT: AND DID SOMETHING STUPID (http://i.imgur.com/CUDEd.png)

dosen't seem SUPER difficult to make a PCB with my layout and your's kinda there :P

Major differences from your concepts (I'll use your QWERTY one)

1. The Win and . key are 1.25 instead of 1
2. The A/Z and Enter/Shift stagger is only 1/8
3. Therefore making the QA stagger 4/8 ?
4. And allowing for a 1x between the G/H (not pictured)
5. I'm too lazy to layout the actual traces, but it shouldn't be too super difficult :P

EDIT: and stop being so specific with your layouts, I want a definite hardware layout before committing to any kind of mockup layouts :D
« Last Edit: Thu, 03 January 2013, 22:41:16 by kmiller8 »

Offline oneproduct

• @Ubisoft
« Reply #58 on: Thu, 03 January 2013, 20:46:34 »
For the symmetrical one:
Should be a 1/2 space between G/H
QA stagger is 1/4
AZ stagger is also 1/4

But you can't put them both on the same PCB because then there'd be extra space hanging out on one side, no? (left on mine, right on yours)

Offline kmiller8

• Banned
« Reply #59 on: Thu, 03 January 2013, 20:50:55 »
For the symmetrical one:
Should be a 1/2 space between G/H
QA stagger is 1/4
AZ stagger is also 1/4

But you can't put them both on the same PCB because then there'd be extra space hanging out on one side, no? (left on mine, right on yours)

The reason I couldn't do 1/4,1/4 stagger is because it would put critical points in drillholes, OH WAIT UNLESS WE DO PLATE MOUNT BRB

(yes I literally just thought of that while typing this)

Edit: while I'm doing this, are you ok with the 1.25 middle two?

Offline oneproduct

• @Ubisoft
« Reply #60 on: Thu, 03 January 2013, 20:57:14 »
The 1.25 middle two? There's only room for 1x in my sketch.

Offline kmiller8

• Banned
« Reply #61 on: Thu, 03 January 2013, 21:03:07 »

yeah, but I threw your sketch out the window for simplicity :)) Lets try 1x and see what happens :00

Offline Terrorsathan

« Reply #62 on: Thu, 03 January 2013, 21:30:55 »

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #63 on: Thu, 03 January 2013, 21:50:15 »

yeah, but I threw your sketch out the window for simplicity :)

I LOL'd :D
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline oneproduct

• @Ubisoft
« Reply #64 on: Thu, 03 January 2013, 22:00:46 »
If this does actually get made, I'd totally suggest just a metal plate for the bottom wall of a "case" and not have side walls at all to keep the small/minimalist look. Kind of like on the Corsair K60

It would also be super simple. You'd just need to tap some threaded holes in the metal plate, which is something I could get done.

Offline kmiller8

• Banned
« Reply #65 on: Thu, 03 January 2013, 22:24:05 »
If this does actually get made, I'd totally suggest just a metal plate for the bottom wall of a "case" and not have side walls at all to keep the small/minimalist look. Kind of like on the Corsair K60

It would also be super simple. You'd just need to tap some threaded holes in the metal plate, which is something I could get done.

O yea, those Corsair boards are so so nice, I'd totally would have gotten one if it was that stupid half-membrane :/

Also I did one of these things, I think they're pretty useful, 9 x 3.5 in PCB

I guesstimated the teensy pins, but everything else is a wonderful mashup of our layouts. huehue

Offline oneproduct

• @Ubisoft
« Reply #66 on: Thu, 03 January 2013, 23:16:26 »
Ah, but something's not quite right about my one in there. It isn't symmetrical. If you look at the middle 1x unit key on the 3rd row (ZXCV), there's suppose to be two keys equidistant from it on the top row (QWER). There's other places where there's hints of it not being symmetrical as well. It seems like on the left half of the board the 1st and 2nd row have a 0x stagger for example. (this post is not suppose to sound whiny/demanding, just matter of fact)

Offline kmiller8

• Banned
« Reply #67 on: Thu, 03 January 2013, 23:42:20 »

Is that right, I forgot to accustom the top row to your layout :))

Oh btw, thorzain is now live.

E: I like this design, if we mash the two designs together, there is that one key 4:0 that we could treat as a 'proper' escape key :)) just something in the upper left corner of your keyboard to mash in rage

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #68 on: Fri, 04 January 2013, 00:13:40 »
This board is turning into pure insanity.  I love it.

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
Re: Re: kmiller8's 40% Board (Where we're going... we don't need stabilizers)
« Reply #69 on: Fri, 04 January 2013, 00:35:36 »
This board is turning into pure insanity.  I love it.
Edit: YOU SNEAKY HASHBAZ! CHANGE IT WHILE I POST, WHY DONTCHA?

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #70 on: Fri, 04 January 2013, 01:47:39 »
:D

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
  • Sorry, moving houses. Be back ASAP.
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #71 on: Fri, 04 January 2013, 07:31:14 »
yeah, but I threw your sketch out the window for simplicity :)
I LOL'd :D

Yeah; I'm going to save this one for work.

Employee: "Did you take my input into account on the process/proposal/design?"

Boss: "No, I threw it out for simplicity."

Love it!

- Ron | samwisekoi
I like keyboards and case modding.  Everything about a computer should be silent -- except the KEYBOARD!

'85 IBM F-122/Soarer Keyboard |  Leopold FC200 TKL (Browns) + GH36 Keypad (Browns/Greens) | GH-122 (Whites/Greens) with Nuclear Data Green keycaps in a Unicomp case

Offline oneproduct

• @Ubisoft
« Reply #72 on: Fri, 04 January 2013, 08:08:42 »
Very much liking it. And yea, if the teensy has to attach on the left side like that, having that proper Esc key to make use of the extra space in my layout would certainly be amusing.

Offline JPG

• Model F is my new passion!
« Reply #73 on: Fri, 04 January 2013, 08:32:28 »
I just say your video, gotta say you really are into this  ;D

And after seeing you type on it, I just realized that your left thumb is also at the ready to hit a spacebar, if you decided to put a second spacebar on the key to the left of the one you aimed for it.

Basicaly, you would have two 1.25X spacebars next to one another, in order to satisfy people that uses both thumbs or the left one. So thats almost like a 2.5X spacebar with no stabilizer required! But it makes one less key to be used. Or if fully programmable, people could choose wich one they prefer.
IBM F122, IBM XT F X2, IBM AT F (all Soarer converted), Filco Camo TKL Browns

Offline BLJ Consulting

• * Vendor
  • Independent Plastics Consultant
« Reply #74 on: Fri, 04 January 2013, 10:57:44 »
i think this might be a good use for those modular housings i posted over the break

Offline JPG

• Model F is my new passion!
« Reply #75 on: Fri, 04 January 2013, 11:00:47 »
i think this might be a good use for those modular housings i posted over the break

Is that thing solid enough to be nice to type on?
IBM F122, IBM XT F X2, IBM AT F (all Soarer converted), Filco Camo TKL Browns

Offline BLJ Consulting

• * Vendor
  • Independent Plastics Consultant
« Reply #76 on: Fri, 04 January 2013, 11:55:29 »
sure, the housings are snap fit and are very tight once they are fit together but of course with nothing behind them there is no return pressure.  here is a link to the info about them so i dont derail Kirk's thread.

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=38617.0

Offline kmiller8

• Banned
« Reply #77 on: Fri, 04 January 2013, 12:00:27 »
sure, the housings are snap fit and are very tight once they are fit together but of course with nothing behind them there is no return pressure.  here is a link to the info about them so i dont derail Kirk's thread.

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=38617.0

Derail away sir. Just as long as you hook me up with some of those :-X

They seem interesting enough, I wonder what it would take to modify some of those to hold MX switches, MODULAR KEYBAORDS!!!!

Offline reverkiller

« Reply #78 on: Fri, 04 January 2013, 20:24:36 »
Your layout, I like it.

Its like a HHKB said "What if I lose some weight..." :P
Stockpile: Das Keyboard Ultimate (Blues), Ducky YotD (Reds), Model M ('87), Poker (Reds), Siig Minitouch (ALPS) || In Progress: Phantom || Wishlist: Filco Japanese Layout (Browns)

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
  • Sorry, moving houses. Be back ASAP.
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #79 on: Sat, 05 January 2013, 15:28:09 »
So I don't know if this is 40%, but is has no stinkin' stabilzers:

11269-0
Keyboard for 7" Tablets

This keyboard is designed to have the same footprint as a 7" tablet (e.g. Nexus 7, Kindle Fire, Nook Color) and retain all of the standard keys to allow for non-chiclet typing.  Please note that tablets don't have/need Control, Windows or Alt keys, so they are missing.  However, there are arrow keys and a whole bunch of re-labelable keycaps, so if you need other keys, you can have them.

Just a thought.

- Ron | samwisekoi
« Last Edit: Sat, 05 January 2013, 15:31:44 by samwisekoi »
I like keyboards and case modding.  Everything about a computer should be silent -- except the KEYBOARD!

'85 IBM F-122/Soarer Keyboard |  Leopold FC200 TKL (Browns) + GH36 Keypad (Browns/Greens) | GH-122 (Whites/Greens) with Nuclear Data Green keycaps in a Unicomp case

Offline asura

• not a duck
« Reply #80 on: Sat, 05 January 2013, 16:23:27 »
Don't Access-Is make a board of about that size...

So they currently do a nine by six and a fifteen by six matrix, but I'm sure I saw someone with a twelve by six somewhere...

I wonder if it's worth pointing out to them that ten by six is equivalent to a common tablet size to see if they'd re-orient their nine by six upwards.  Nine by six does seem kind of odd...

Offline kmiller8

• Banned
« Reply #81 on: Sat, 05 January 2013, 16:27:13 »

Keyboard for 7" Tablets

This keyboard is designed to have the same footprint as a 7" tablet (e.g. Nexus 7, Kindle Fire, Nook Color) and retain all of the standard keys to allow for non-chiclet typing.  Please note that tablets don't have/need Control, Windows or Alt keys, so they are missing.  However, there are arrow keys and a whole bunch of re-labelable keycaps, so if you need other keys, you can have them.

Just a thought.

- Ron | samwisekoi

That's more like 60%, go post that crap in the GH60 Thread :-*

No seriously, It's interesting, and I like seeing people propose new crazy layouts in this thread. If you really like that layout, PM me and lets make something happen, I'll gladly help you out.

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #82 on: Sat, 05 January 2013, 17:49:18 »

Keyboard for 7" Tablets

Just a thought.

- Ron | samwisekoi

That's more like 60%, go post that crap in the GH60 Thread :-*

No seriously, It's interesting, and I like seeing people propose new crazy layouts in this thread. If you really like that layout, PM me and lets make something happen, I'll gladly help you out.
I'd take one of those... interesting idea Ron!

Offline kmiller8

• Banned
« Reply #83 on: Sat, 12 January 2013, 22:01:40 »
OK GUIZE, WE'RE ONE STEP CLOSER TO A "FINAL" BOARD DESIGN, AND I'M YELLING BECAUSE I'M EXCITED, YOU SHOULD BE EXITED TOO!!!

Also, I've started to put my projects up on GitHub so you guys can steal 'em and print 'em yourself :p

https://github.com/TheKirkMiller/40Kirkcent

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #84 on: Sat, 12 January 2013, 22:10:31 »
I think a 40% board is a bit much for me. I'm still stuck on 104 keyboards lol. But you're doing awesome work; this project looks really cool. I'm sure you're doing more than just this and the Topre keychains so props to you ^_^.

Offline Gupgup

• * Vendor
kmiller8's 40% Board (Where we're going... we don't need stabilizers)
« Reply #85 on: Sat, 12 January 2013, 22:11:30 »
When would this be available?

Offline kmiller8

• Banned
« Reply #86 on: Sat, 12 January 2013, 22:20:12 »
When would this be available?

If the PCB doesn't look super horrible (I'll try to run it by as many people as possible to make sure everything looks good) I'll try to get a small run ~10-15 PCB's made HOPEFULLY sometime early February, so just be sure you hang around this thread, to keep up to date :)

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #87 on: Sat, 12 January 2013, 22:28:44 »
I think a 40% board is a bit much for me. I'm still stuck on 104 keyboards lol. But you're doing awesome work; this project looks really cool. I'm sure you're doing more than just this and the Topre keychains so props to you ^_^.
Just between you and me, I think he's crazy. Oh hi Kmiller8, didn't seen you there!

Honestly, very nice looking. The more I look, the more I think it would be cool to have!

Offline kmiller8

• Banned
« Reply #88 on: Sat, 12 January 2013, 22:45:38 »
dante

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #89 on: Sat, 12 January 2013, 22:53:08 »
kaymillerate
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #90 on: Sat, 12 January 2013, 22:55:26 »
kaymillerate
Somebody knows their Phonics!

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #91 on: Sat, 12 January 2013, 23:03:36 »
Just between you and me, I think he's crazy. Oh hi Kmiller8, didn't seen you there!

Honestly, very nice looking. The more I look, the more I think it would be cool to have!

See look. First he posts a crazy project. Then you're like hmm...I think I need 3 of those. He's a mad man! Hide you wallet!

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #92 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 02:47:02 »
kmiller40-PROF2.25 Layout

kmiller-PROF1.25 Layout

on its way!
« Last Edit: Sun, 13 January 2013, 02:48:36 by TheProfosist »

Offline kmiller8

• Banned
« Reply #93 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 02:47:16 »
github updated with some new Profosist layouts :)

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #94 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 10:01:58 »
Now do mine :)

in memoriam

Offline kmiller8

• Banned
« Reply #95 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 10:16:45 »

Show Image

le sighs. I'll see what I can do

But as I explained to TheProfosist, I refuse to touch the left side, since it is already cluttered with a controller :x

What I will do is try to squeeze some 1x mods down there :))

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #96 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 10:29:10 »

Show Image

le sighs. I'll see what I can do

But as I explained to TheProfosist, I refuse to touch the left side, since it is already cluttered with a controller :x

What I will do is try to squeeze some 1x mods down there :))

Haha, yeah, I know that mine is really a different concept. Minimal, while trying to keep it rectangular. :)

in memoriam

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #97 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 10:40:59 »
Make it five deep so you get the numbers.

You mean like the GH60? :P

Quote from: dante
On the right hand side add a number pad.

You mean like the GHpad? ;)

Quote from: dante
What are you guys using to create these layouts because I can mock up what I'm describing.

I'm using MS Paint. :D

in memoriam

Offline oneproduct

• @Ubisoft
« Reply #98 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 10:49:17 »
I'm also rocking the MS paint!

Rooting for you kmiller8!

For everyone else: Y U NO EMBRACE SYMMETRICAL LAYOUT? IT R GUD 4 UR HANDZ
Seriously though, you should try it if you get one of these and then change it back to your way if you don't like it. :)

Offline kmiller8

• Banned
« Reply #99 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 11:10:09 »
OK GUIZE I'm seeing at least 288 possible layouts on this board

Try to decipher this image!