Author Topic: Hi GH  (Read 1574 times)

Offline JPG

• Model F is my new passion!
Hi GH
« on: Fri, 04 January 2013, 22:05:18 »
Hi everyone here. I have been around for the last 2 months or around, and a member since less than that, so it is time I introduce myself properly.

First, I am a programmer, so I use the keyboard quite a lot (health industry domain). I also like to play computer games, mainly LOL.

I found this site while searching for a new keybord. I had a logitech dinovo edge that I liked, but I didn't like the fact that it was wireless since I didn't need it. I was searching for one of the best keyboard to type on and then I learned that there was some mechanical keyboards. The first thing that came to my mind was: why the fu** didn't I heard of it before and why do 99.99% of the keyboards around us are rubber dome!

After a lot of research, I decided to order a Filco majestouch2 TKL with browns and camo edition cause the ninja was backorder and on a boat. I fell in love with it. So much that I got a second one for the job.

I am very happy with these keyboards, and this is part thx to the people on GH. Also, well I kept lurking around more and more, always seeing some new stuff that are making me drool all the more.

Keycaps, custom springs, customs boards, wooden palm rest, name it, all some things that will put quite some pressure on my wallet!!! And I am on a budget, so I can't go crazy and need to take my time choosing the right thing, but still, these are all so tempting, but most of all so interesting!

Just reading all the stuff and ideas that people post here is just awesome. I never soldered anything in my life and now I dont know why I still don't have a soldering station!

Well, anyway, thx to all of you for contributing to this amazing forum!
IBM F122, IBM XT F X2, IBM AT F (all Soarer converted), Filco Camo TKL Browns

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
Re: Hi GH
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 04 January 2013, 22:19:51 »
^ Good read. Thanks for sharing. And welcome to Geekhack! I think you're going to like it here...
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 04 January 2013, 22:22:51 »
Welcome to Geekhack, JPG.  Now where is GIF?  :)
Att fly är livet, att dröja, döden.
Din Eli

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 04 January 2013, 22:24:53 »
Hanging out with PNG on the image forum...
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline JPG

• Model F is my new passion!
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 04 January 2013, 22:32:51 »
Trying to find one in MS Paint!
IBM F122, IBM XT F X2, IBM AT F (all Soarer converted), Filco Camo TKL Browns

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 05 January 2013, 16:36:56 »
A belated welcome to Geekhack!

There is no rush for these things - set your sights on something, save up a little bit each week, and it won't seem as bad.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ