Author Topic: Hello  (Read 1480 times)

Offline ihasmario

Hello
« on: Sun, 06 January 2013, 00:16:32 »
Hi,

Obviously I am new here. The short of it is that I am an Australian teacher (Primary) and musician (freelance one-man-band since CTS) with an interest in old IBM hardware, and the free open source distribution of music made by myself and other musicians online. My prize "Geek" possessions are my three overclocked IBM T221s (currently running stable at 75hz), stax rig and a bunch of rare, old instruments like the Stylophone 350s

I'm currently in the market for model Fs and IBM racks to store my synths, effects etc in.

Hope we have fun :)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 06 January 2013, 03:00:39 »
Welcome to Geekhack!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline NikoGasm

• Platinum mad.
    • Twitch
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 06 January 2013, 03:06:35 »
Welcome to Geekhack. I must say I greatly admire your collection. Do you, by any chance, own any IBM Model M SSK's?
| MX Mini | Ducky DK1087 | A87 |

Offline ihasmario

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 06 January 2013, 03:42:40 »
Welcome to Geekhack. I must say I greatly admire your collection. Do you, by any chance, own any IBM Model M SSK's?

Unfortunately, no. The only mechanical board in here is a Ducky Shine with Browns, and I do not like it. Do of course keep in mind that I am a piano player, so YMMV. I'd gladly talk someone into selling me their teensy'd 122 Model F though for a good price.
« Last Edit: Sun, 06 January 2013, 03:50:47 by ihasmario »

Offline rek55

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 06 January 2013, 22:13:47 »
From what I've seen so far, this community seems very welcoming to new people. :)

My future Das Ultimate S, all modded up. For now, it's a bit more black.