Author Topic: Do you like the idea? (NEED SOMEONE TO TAKE OVER!)  (Read 12579 times)

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
Do you like the idea? (NEED SOMEONE TO TAKE OVER!)
« on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 13:56:10 »
I am quitting this idea, no monies currently PLEASE POST IF YOU WANT TO TAKE IT OVER!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please take 2 minutes (max) to fill out this quick interests check form, it will speed up the process
http://tiny.cc/i6cxqw (I tiny'd for neat-ness (not going to say OCD, possibly just abit camp))
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can't post in many areas yet due to being a noob, but I have had sh*t all to do this Sunday (due to girlfriend being away with family) so I was looking through old threads when I saw TF2 key caps, as a group buy interest, it seemed to have been abandoned so I thought it was pretty cool idea. Anyhow if I am not allowed to do this or whatever please delete the thread, I am not starting a GB or anything Considering starting a GB or selling these myself :D but I dont mind helping if someone else does.

I did rip-off someones template, I will add their name here, please remind me :D

So anyway TF2 key-cap class idea, possibly Function Row? And swap the ESC with http://tiny.cc/md8uqw (Can I tiny.cc ? I just think the link was ugly :3)

Regards,
Tym

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Edit1: Just adding the missing classes, this brings the total to 9 which is a very odd number of keys, if you can think of a use for 9 keys hehe? I shall try and find some moar!

The only one I do not like so far is the heavy "Ammo Belt" you guys opinions?

Edit2: No idea why im suddenly putting so much effort into this, something I never do :3 but anyway, the 10th idea is the headshot logo!

Tell me which one you like the most? All of the colours (backgrounds) are still theoretical, I just thought they looked sweet :D (Black or Brown?)

Edit3: So what about a full combat set? Here are the WAS keys, both colours? Your opinions would be epic, I shall en devour to get the letter D up soon, (if it is up, disregard this last bit) :3

OMFG I HAVE CREATED ART! :D I <3 THIS! I think I shall get them made myself!

Edit4: Right, Sorry for the spammy updates but I cant seem to stop! This is a taunt key for the "T" key, hope you like the idea! :D

Again, large selection of options, throw some opinions out there?
Edit5: BIG READ

Right I have been busy! I have contacted a manufacturer and they said they could do my designs but they would be more towards novelty and not designed for heavy use, so that means "WASD" keys are out (FOR NOW) But since the other keys were designed to be along the number keys 1-10 (well zero) then they should get some use but not tonnes of it.

Prices, I have been told they can make any of the designs, but unfortunately its MOQ of 50 at £2 each (exchange rate here http://www.xe.com/ ), I can afford to purchase 2 lots at the moment straight of the bat so unless you don't mind paying upfront or anything that's fine with me? If you want to purchase through eBay at a higher cost, that's also okay as well. So basically please pick your 2 favorite and we can work on getting those manufactured, when I can put more money in i will! So think of them as being limited edition :D

These keys will be PROTOTYPES the manufacture has a new machine in, this is why the keys are so cheap! I am letting you know this now!

If anyone can help me with postage costs to the USA (from the UK) please PM me as I am not aware of prices and I will need to include these, although Jiffy Bags are on order!

Anything else, please leave a reply or PM me if you want and ill get back to you!

Edit6: Added Black text font key thingys, as if you are interested, please say! I am not sure about how to improve the quality of the font, any ideas?

Edit7: Combat Keys? Your opinion?

Edit8: These keys will be made using "UV printing" I hope this helps!

Edit9: Keyboard Layout so far!
11839-9
Again, sorry for "borrowing" the image and forgetting whom I borrowed it from, if its yours please post and i shall credit you!
Tell me what you think please!
« Last Edit: Tue, 22 January 2013, 15:45:13 by Tym »
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
Re: Do you like the idea?
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 14:01:10 »
These look great!  Someone start a GB plz.  :)
Att fly är livet, att dröja, döden.
Din Eli

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 14:05:57 »
Even if there's enough interest there's the issue of getting them done, from what I've read SP won't do stuff like this due to copyright issues.

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 14:26:57 »
I'm sure imsto won't mind doing these.  :)
Att fly är livet, att dröja, döden.
Din Eli

Offline razorsharpgears

• TheOriginalBecker
    • Becker's 市場 рынок Markt - Sell/Buy/Trade
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 14:27:57 »
Looks good  ;)
Here at GeekClack, time isn't worth anything because CCs are money.
"You cannot plan the future. Only presumptuous fools plan. The wise man steers."
— Cosmo Lavish
|WTB/T/S| Thread ←Link

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 14:37:08 »
Cheers for the support

Even if there's enough interest there's the issue of getting them done, from what I've read SP won't do stuff like this due to copyright issues.
There are ways around this ;) And I could always send a message to Valve asking nicely :D

I'm sure imsto won't mind doing these.  :)
My thoughts exactly

Looks good  ;)
Thanks for the support :D
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 14:38:25 »
No! No GB for you!

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 15:08:03 »
Edit: Just adding the missing classes, this brings the total to 9 which is a very off number of keys, if you can think of a use for 9 keys hehe? I shall try and find some moar!

The only one I do not like so far is the heavy "Ammo Belt" you guys opinions?

Offline razorsharpgears

• TheOriginalBecker
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 15:10:03 »
You can make this kind of like a gamer set maybe, and have the heavy's ammo pack be the reload key?
"You cannot plan the future. Only presumptuous fools plan. The wise man steers."
— Cosmo Lavish
|WTB/T/S| Thread ←Link

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #9 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 15:17:20 »
You can make this kind of like a gamer set maybe, and have the heavy's ammo pack be the reload key?

I actually like that idea alot :D But I have come up with a 10th key ! :D

I know there are 4 versions, but I couldn't decide which colour looked nicer, and black or brown? Thoughts?

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #10 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 15:56:04 »
May as well email valve hoping they give me the copyrights :D (New verb there) which address shall I pick?

Check this like please >> http://www.valvesoftware.com/contact/

Cheers guys

Offline Dreadwyrm

• typemaster wannabe
« Reply #11 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 15:59:53 »
This has to come true! What would be the base color?

Das Model S Ultimate

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #12 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 16:12:33 »
This has to come true! What would be the base color?
I honestly don't know! Haha, any ideas?

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #13 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 16:13:22 »
Last image upload of the day, due to me going to sleep early, for 3 am start :o

Offline reverkiller

« Reply #14 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 16:15:02 »
(Attachment Link)

If you can get those WASD kits (gamer packs), you're not infringing on any copyright AND they look awesome!
Stockpile: Das Keyboard Ultimate (Blues), Ducky YotD (Reds), Model M ('87), Poker (Reds), Siig Minitouch (ALPS) || In Progress: Phantom || Wishlist: Filco Japanese Layout (Browns)

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #15 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 16:19:36 »
(Attachment Link)

If you can get those WASD kits (gamer packs), you're not infringing on any copyright AND they look awesome!

I completly agree, these are epic (i think anyways) I shall look into getting them made myself, and I don't mind selling them dirt cheap to you guys!

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #16 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 16:29:36 »
Right, Sorry for the spammy updates but I cant seem to stop! This is a taunt key for the "T" key, hope you like the idea! :D

Offline haskellelephant

• haskell is everywhere! What are we going to do?
« Reply #17 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 16:36:09 »
Looks great, but the TF2 font is horrible, would probably want the other stuff though...

Offline razorsharpgears

• TheOriginalBecker
« Reply #18 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 16:46:56 »
I like the TF2 font, adds to the feel of the gamer pack, but I would prefer the lettering in black, as well as the symbols in black (over brown).
— Cosmo Lavish
|WTB/T/S| Thread ←Link

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #19 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 16:51:51 »
Looks great, but the TF2 font is horrible, would probably want the other stuff though...
Sorry to hear that, I shall have a look into other font styles (yet still with the TF theme?)
I like the TF2 font, adds to the feel of the gamer pack, but I would prefer the lettering in black, as well as the symbols in black (over brown).
I shall mock some stuff up tomorrow and you can tell me what you think :D cheers for the feedback. :)
« Last Edit: Sun, 13 January 2013, 17:27:15 by Tym »

Offline razorsharpgears

• TheOriginalBecker
« Reply #20 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 17:24:20 »
NP, you are doing a great thing  :)
— Cosmo Lavish
|WTB/T/S| Thread ←Link

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #21 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 17:27:49 »
Sorry to hear that, I shall have a look into other font styles (yet still with the TF theme?)
I shall mock some stuff up tomorrow and you can tell me what you think :D cheers for the feedback. :)

Derpy quote was fixed :)

Offline razorsharpgears

• TheOriginalBecker
« Reply #22 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 17:34:20 »
Happens to me all the time, don't worry  :cool:
— Cosmo Lavish
|WTB/T/S| Thread ←Link

Offline volatilecoffee

• Formerly ybnrmalatall
  • I don't feel any certain way.
« Reply #23 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 18:21:40 »
This is freaking epic man!
Linear gang needs to rise up against the tactile hipsters.

Offline TypoVampire

« Reply #24 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 21:44:20 »
I'd be in.

Offline KangarooZombies

• HHKB Pro
  • ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
« Reply #25 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 22:36:46 »
haha wow. I want these so badly. Also, should this be in IC?
Having a bad day?
QFR/Pure/FC660C(45G)/HHKB Pro 2(45G)/RF 87U (55G)

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #26 on: Mon, 14 January 2013, 12:58:25 »
This is freaking epic man!
Glad you like them ! :D
I'd be in.
Awesome!
haha wow. I want these so badly. Also, should this be in IC?
Pleased you like them! And it should be, but i cannot post there yet, if some nice mod would move it for me that would be awesome!

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #27 on: Mon, 14 January 2013, 13:20:54 »
BIG UPDATE "Edit5"

Offline haskellelephant

« Reply #28 on: Mon, 14 January 2013, 13:35:48 »
Looking closer at the font on the WASD caps, I think I got it wrong. Like razorsharpgears says, I think Its the color of the font. In addition to that, it seems bolder than in-game and
needs to be antialiased. Could it possibly be in the same color scheme as the title page of the game?

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #29 on: Mon, 14 January 2013, 13:46:29 »
Looking closer at the font on the WASD caps, I think I got it wrong. Like razorsharpgears says, I think Its the color of the font. In addition to that, it seems bolder than in-game and
needs to be antialiased. Could it possibly be in the same color scheme as the title page of the game?
I can get some mock ups made, but as I quote from the email I have received,

they are usable, we have tested for wear on a special machine, its just they start to wear a little quicker than say, dye sub. So really we haven't tested it in the real world yet- that would take time.

So if you guys are still interested they would be £8 for a set of WASD again MOQ of 50, tell me what you guys think!

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #30 on: Mon, 14 January 2013, 14:04:36 »
Added Black Colour keys

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
Re: Do you like the idea? (KEYCAPS)
« Reply #31 on: Mon, 14 January 2013, 15:13:59 »
COMBAT KEYS! :D

You like ?

Offline Dreadwyrm

• typemaster wannabe
« Reply #32 on: Mon, 14 January 2013, 15:17:47 »
You like ?
I wouldn't get myself too hyped, doubt that anyone in the USA will take the risk to make copyright violating keycaps. China might be the only way, I don't know how much hassle that takes.

Das Model S Ultimate

Offline razorsharpgears

• TheOriginalBecker
« Reply #33 on: Mon, 14 January 2013, 15:25:44 »
I like the combat keys, but on a half-way unrelated note, what type of printing would be used on these keyaps?
— Cosmo Lavish
|WTB/T/S| Thread ←Link

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #34 on: Mon, 14 January 2013, 15:33:45 »
(Attachment Link)
You like ?
I have already checked and I have a manufacture in the UK  (Where I live) who will produce them

I like the combat keys, but on a half-way unrelated note, what type of printing would be used on these keyaps?
I shall ask :D

Offline razorsharpgears

• TheOriginalBecker
« Reply #35 on: Mon, 14 January 2013, 15:38:50 »
— Cosmo Lavish
|WTB/T/S| Thread ←Link

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #36 on: Mon, 14 January 2013, 15:41:28 »
Email sent, but i wouldn't expect a reply with it being nearly 10pm here now, so anyone working :3

Offline haskellelephant

« Reply #37 on: Mon, 14 January 2013, 15:44:24 »
Black wasd keys look really good!

Offline razorsharpgears

• TheOriginalBecker
« Reply #38 on: Mon, 14 January 2013, 15:48:05 »
I agree, and I wouldn't mind some of these colored keys as modifiers.
— Cosmo Lavish
|WTB/T/S| Thread ←Link

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #39 on: Mon, 14 January 2013, 16:04:01 »
Black wasd keys look really good!
Yeah, i thought so too :D
I agree, and I wouldn't mind some of these colored keys as modifiers.
Would you mind picking your favorites ? Just a general top 3? Cheers :D

Offline Dreadwyrm

• typemaster wannabe
« Reply #40 on: Mon, 14 January 2013, 16:09:57 »
I have already checked and I have a manufacture in the UK  (Where I live) who will produce them
Marvelous!  ;D

I just noticed that you live in England, I hope the shipping will be dirty cheap within the EU!  ;)

Das Model S Ultimate

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #41 on: Mon, 14 January 2013, 16:16:58 »
Marvelous!  ;D

I just noticed that you live in England, I hope the shipping will be dirty cheap within the EU!  ;)

It will be as cheap as I can make it :D That is the joys of the first batch! I still need to speak to someone who has more experience with international shipping from the UK :D 

Offline Alessandro

• * Vendor
  • The Price Is Right
    • Alessandro's Sweet Shop
« Reply #42 on: Mon, 14 January 2013, 17:18:56 »
NEED! Awesome to see a GB like this being run in the UK! Who will be making them anyway? Qwerkeys?
KBC Poker | MX Reds | Beige Doubleshots
Goldtouch 10Key Pad | MX Browns | Beige Doubleshots
IBM Model M-122 Terminal (Bolt modded) | Buckling Springs | Beige Dyesubs

Alessandro's Sweet Shop- "I never said they were art."

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #43 on: Mon, 14 January 2013, 17:28:27 »
NEED! Awesome to see a GB like this being run in the UK! Who will be making them anyway? Qwerkeys?
Yes, also I love Lancashire :) Dunno why :D

Offline razorsharpgears

• TheOriginalBecker
« Reply #44 on: Mon, 14 January 2013, 17:42:19 »
I like the Black WASD, the Classes, and maybe some other keys for taunt/reload/etc- to make it a full TF2 gamer pack.
— Cosmo Lavish
|WTB/T/S| Thread ←Link

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #45 on: Mon, 14 January 2013, 18:09:23 »
I like the Black WASD, the Classes, and maybe some other keys for taunt/reload/etc- to make it a full TF2 gamer pack.
That sounds pretty epic, maybe something I can work on for round two, hopefully you will be awesome enough to fill out the form for me :) appreciate all this mate:D

Offline razorsharpgears

• TheOriginalBecker
« Reply #46 on: Mon, 14 January 2013, 18:11:22 »
NP, and would be happy too  ;)
— Cosmo Lavish
|WTB/T/S| Thread ←Link

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #47 on: Mon, 14 January 2013, 18:53:03 »
Right voting, form thingy is up! Please fill it out, it only takes about 20 seconds and it would be so much easier for me! Thanks alot for all the support so far!

Making things easier for me translates almost directly to the speed in which you will end up with your keycaps, so it's a win/win !

Offline razorsharpgears

• TheOriginalBecker
« Reply #48 on: Mon, 14 January 2013, 19:26:33 »
Vote Cast  :))
« Last Edit: Tue, 15 January 2013, 17:55:39 by razorsharpgears »
— Cosmo Lavish
|WTB/T/S| Thread ←Link

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #49 on: Tue, 15 January 2013, 01:40:39 »
The manufacture said they are created using UV printing, does than answer your question :D ?