Author Topic: PBT UK Layout?  (Read 3263 times)

Offline elchupanegre

PBT UK Layout?
« on: Mon, 21 January 2013, 11:31:59 »
I've been looking round for a place to get some PBT keycaps in a standard UK layout (on sites and in the group buy section) and nowhere seem to have any. Digging a bit deeper it seems that PBT in an ISO layout (with the inverted L shape enter key) don't really seem to exist, can anyone confirm that for me? Is it just lack of interest for a group buy?

If not, does anyone know any sites where I can get some decent UK layout keycaps? I can't even find those!! I don't want anything unusual, just pretty standard white on black or something, but it would be nice to try some Cherry profile caps too.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
Re: PBT UK Layout?
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 21 January 2013, 11:38:18 »
If price is not an issue, you can get a vintage Cherry set here. If price is an issue, you might be able to locate a UK engraved set made by Ducky as they exist but I can't direct you to any shop that may carry them.
In regard to groupbuy, I have not been able to locate a source for ISO enter key for Cherry profile, so it's a problem with the keycap factories not offering it. There is definitely interest so hopefully that can change at some point.

Offline dirge

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 21 January 2013, 11:41:46 »
Try to resist the set lysol listed, the guys sold them cheaper.  When they don't sell he drops the price.
Thinking about things isn't the same as doing things. Otherwise everybody would be in jail.

Offline DanGWanG

• Higher Standards
    • DanGWanG's Keyboard Blog
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 21 January 2013, 11:44:35 »
Try to resist the set lysol listed, the guys sold them cheaper.  When they don't sell he drops the price.

I messaged him to drop the price a little.  He messages me back and is like, "I can make 185 euro, thanks."  Then I looked at the listing and IT IS THE SAME PRICE WTF

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 21 January 2013, 11:54:14 »
Yeah, but it was up way more last time I looked at it like 300EUR or something outrageous. Seller knows they are rare, and that people will pay a high price so you can't blame them for trying. Like dirge said though if you are prepared to wait them out they do keep dropping the price gradually as something sits unsold.

Offline elchupanegre

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 21 January 2013, 11:58:38 »
I found some side-printed UK layout PBT (gold on black), but not standard white-on-black front printed:

http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=241
http://www.kustompcs.co.uk/acatalog/info_30110.html

The group buys are full of unusual styles like rainbow PBT keys that you can get fairly easy as long as you want ANSI layout, but not UK! You'd think when you want the pretty standard ones it'd be easier :)

I found "Ducky Nordic" that seem to do some pretty cool stuff, but their proper site just says "coming soon": http://deskthority.net/marketplace-f11/ducky-nordic-keyboards-keycaps-projects-and-misc-stuff-t4718.html

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 21 January 2013, 12:03:44 »
I suppose you could email them and ask if/when they may stock other styles in UK layout.