Author Topic: Name your GHeros  (Read 14570 times)

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
Re: Name your GHeros
« Reply #100 on: Sat, 02 February 2013, 13:22:33 »
just want to bump the positivity after the rollercoaster that was the latter half of the week.

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #101 on: Sat, 02 February 2013, 13:40:42 »
In the last few weeks I've met some really cool kids. Just wanted to give some shoutouts to rowdy, turbo slaab, the_beast, tsangan, megaforce93, and mkawa for helping me with my projects or just being cool and chatting it up with me.  ;D

Offline BucklingSpring

« Reply #102 on: Sat, 02 February 2013, 19:38:22 »
Anyone keeping stats on all the name dropping we got so far?
In memory of smallfry 1996-2013
Boards I own, click ->
More
Ducky x2 (9008G2 Pro PBT/MX Green and Mini MX Red), Matias x2 (QP and Mini QP Dampened ALPS), Topre RealForce x4 (87U 55g/Digilog case, 103U-UW & 104UG High-Profile x2), Filco Majestouch x2 (TKL MX Blue & V2 AI 104 MX Blue), IBM-M x2 (BS & RD), Unicomp-M x5 (BS black on black x2, BS Ivory x2, QT Ultra-Classic), Deck x4 (Legend MX Black & MX Clear, Hassium & Francium w/ MX Brown), DAS III (MX Blue), KBT Pure Pro 60% (MX Red), NMB-RT8256CW+ x2 (black space invader), XArmor U9BL-S (MX Brown) given for free to someone I hate, CM X2 (Trigger/MX Green + Storm TKL/NovaTouch), TVS GOLD (MX Blue) and a many many more (NMB, DELL, MS, ATT, KeyTronic, Etc...)

Offline jcrouse

« Reply #103 on: Sat, 02 February 2013, 20:11:02 »
I don't think it is a contest as much as a nice place to say thanks and you appreciate someone.

Offline MissMurd3r84

• In IRC wondering why Kmiller8 is yelling.
« Reply #104 on: Sat, 02 February 2013, 20:11:44 »
I CAN BE YOUR HEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BABYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.
KBC Poker - Red switches. Noppoo Choc Mini - Black switches. Leopold FC700R (White) - Blue switches. Ducky YOTD - Brown switches. Razer BW - Blue switches and rusted.

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #105 on: Sat, 02 February 2013, 20:29:38 »
In the last few weeks I've met some really cool kids. Just wanted to give some shoutouts to rowdy, turbo slaab, the_beast, tsangan, megaforce93, and mkawa for helping me with my projects or just being cool and chatting it up with me.  ;D

I see how it is... :P

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #106 on: Sat, 02 February 2013, 20:45:45 »
We can be heros
Just for one day
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline BucklingSpring

« Reply #107 on: Sat, 02 February 2013, 22:01:40 »
I don't think it is a contest as much as a nice place to say thanks and you appreciate someone.

Well then thanks to the OP to start such a thread.
I mean, thank God we now have a place to say thanks to someone we appreciate.

Sarcasm aside ... Maybe I'm just old school, but I don't need a thread for that. I just say it and write it every times someone do something nice.

Boards I own, click ->
More
Ducky x2 (9008G2 Pro PBT/MX Green and Mini MX Red), Matias x2 (QP and Mini QP Dampened ALPS), Topre RealForce x4 (87U 55g/Digilog case, 103U-UW & 104UG High-Profile x2), Filco Majestouch x2 (TKL MX Blue & V2 AI 104 MX Blue), IBM-M x2 (BS & RD), Unicomp-M x5 (BS black on black x2, BS Ivory x2, QT Ultra-Classic), Deck x4 (Legend MX Black & MX Clear, Hassium & Francium w/ MX Brown), DAS III (MX Blue), KBT Pure Pro 60% (MX Red), NMB-RT8256CW+ x2 (black space invader), XArmor U9BL-S (MX Brown) given for free to someone I hate, CM X2 (Trigger/MX Green + Storm TKL/NovaTouch), TVS GOLD (MX Blue) and a many many more (NMB, DELL, MS, ATT, KeyTronic, Etc...)

Offline Glissant

« Reply #108 on: Sun, 03 February 2013, 04:59:31 »
BucklingSpring, so why in the world did you post here? Just to be a grouch?
It's obvious that some people want to thank others for their contribution in this thread.

Like me for-example; I posted a list of people I appreciate because I don't say "thank you" or "job well done" half as much as I feel I should, but that's because I don't like to bother people via private message unless it's really necessary.
Other people have their own reasons for posting a little nod, but who are you to come here and make jokes about what people want to express?

I could just as easily mock your signature for being so extremely gaudy and excessive that I wonder if you're a teenager, and then claim that I am old school because we didn't like to brag about owning a bunch of stuff back in the day.
Of course that's just an exaggeration, but I hope you see what I'm trying to convey.

Now get off my lawn, whippersnapper! ;) .
~~~~

That being said I would like to extend another nod to Dan the man and Ultra dude J.D.; they are awesome people that always seem to take care of the community in a big way.

And let's not forget;

THANK YOU,MEMBERS OF THE COMMUNITY!
« Last Edit: Sun, 03 February 2013, 05:07:06 by Glissant »

Offline Alessandro

• * Vendor
  • The Price Is Right
    • Alessandro's Sweet Shop
« Reply #109 on: Sun, 03 February 2013, 05:52:43 »
It's good enough that Glissant is nice enough to double post for us, put post rainbows for us? This man just keeps on giving!
KBC Poker | MX Reds | Beige Doubleshots
Goldtouch 10Key Pad | MX Browns | Beige Doubleshots
IBM Model M-122 Terminal (Bolt modded) | Buckling Springs | Beige Dyesubs

Alessandro's Sweet Shop- "I never said they were art."

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
« Reply #110 on: Sun, 03 February 2013, 05:55:51 »
Ripster.

Offline BucklingSpring

« Reply #111 on: Sun, 03 February 2013, 07:04:19 »
BucklingSpring, so why in the world did you post here? Just to be a grouch?
It's obvious that some people want to thank others for their contribution in this thread.

Now get off my lawn, whippersnapper! ;) .

Hold your horses - I'm happy with this thread.
I came back with a grouchy comment in reply to the pseudo moralizing response I got when I asked if someone was keeping stats. Thats all.

I understand the spirit even if it's no Hollywood Walk of Fame or a Wall in honor of the fallen...

That said... I too miss Ripster and DangWang

I know he is still around, but I also miss Keyboardlover's outrageous and colorful statements.
Boards I own, click ->
More

Offline Glissant

« Reply #112 on: Sun, 03 February 2013, 07:55:56 »
Well I am glad I was wrong then =D.

Do you miss ripster before he went nuts or after? Because I never got to meet ripster before he went completely mental xD.

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #113 on: Sun, 03 February 2013, 09:14:20 »
Even after he went 'crazy,' a few conversations I had with him were very non 'crazy'. He told me information when I asked, and was not snide or anything, it was like he and I were long time pals.

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
  • Know Topre, Know Peace. No Topre, No Peace.
« Reply #114 on: Sun, 03 February 2013, 10:12:02 »

Do you miss ripster before he went nuts or after? Because I never got to meet ripster before he went completely mental xD.

I dont' think Ripster ever went nuts...just overly sarcastic.  Sarcasm doesn't transfer well over text.  Deciphering sarcasm is really all about the physical, in person aspect of its delivery.  He's a genuinely nice guy when you talk to him through PM like SmallFry said.
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline jcrouse

Re: Re: Name your GHeros
« Reply #115 on: Sun, 03 February 2013, 10:24:25 »

I dont' think Ripster ever went nuts...just overly sarcastic.  Sarcasm doesn't transfer well over text.  Deciphering sarcasm is really all about the physical, in person aspect of its delivery.  He's a genuinely nice guy when you talk to him through PM like SmallFry said.

I was new then and said and did a few dumb things but as stated, ripster was always very nice in pms. I think his issues were mostly against the mods, not the general membdrs.
« Last Edit: Sun, 03 February 2013, 10:26:26 by jcrouse »

Offline Glissant

« Reply #116 on: Sun, 03 February 2013, 10:36:41 »
I agree. It's absolutely normal to act the way he did :).

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #117 on: Sun, 03 February 2013, 11:58:20 »
Sorry, but ripster did go crazy.  Not literally insane maybe, but his troll-to-signal ratio quadrupled and he became destructive to the forum.

edit: That said, when I was new he was often very helpful in general, and to me personally.  So props to him for that.

Offline BucklingSpring

« Reply #118 on: Sun, 03 February 2013, 20:26:28 »

Unfortunately, I was not around when he did whatever got him banned. So I guess I miss  him for before.
But I always enjoy a good show, even if it is considered inappropriate or if I do not agree with what is going on.

So I would probably have enjoyed watching him heading to the ban. He's a big boy. I'm sure he knew what he was doing.
« Last Edit: Sun, 03 February 2013, 20:28:47 by BucklingSpring »
Boards I own, click ->
More

Offline deepthawt

• ︻̷̿┻̿═━一
    • my programming hobby site, interactive jigsaws, photos &c
« Reply #119 on: Sun, 03 February 2013, 21:37:22 »
moderators for keeping ppl at their best, and the rest of the gang for being so darn nice that when they misbehave they make even the mods look bad.

Seriously, my first impressions on the forum was how sincerely nice people were/are.

More
[| Ducky Shine II 9087 Yellow LED/BlueMX  |  Saitek Eclipse II  |  IBM Model M 1391401  | Cherry G80-5000  |  Logitech diNovo Mini  |  Microsoft Natural Ergonomic 4000  |  Matias Quiet Pro PC  |  Dell TH836  |  NEC KB-6923  |  Fujitsu FKB4700  |  GearHead Mini USB  KB1700U (89 key) | Filco Majestouch-2 ninja/blues  |   Matias Mini Quiet Pro PC | Ducky Shine 4/Clear MX | E Element RGB Silver/Black Outemu |]

Offline Hak Foo

• Make America Clicky Again!
« Reply #120 on: Sun, 03 February 2013, 21:52:51 »
Quote from: alaricljs link=topic=39493.msg777755#msg777755 date=13591
I can sort of understand this in flagship stores, but generally I can't see why a store would have a no photo policy. Could anyone explain this to me?

The most common explanation is security.  It's a whole lot easier to case the joint when you can just take pictures and study at your leisure.

The other angle is that they don't want you using it as a price-comparison tool.
Overton130, Box Pale Blues.

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #121 on: Mon, 04 February 2013, 18:52:35 »
Dante. Enough said.

Offline TheQsanity

• SmallFry Lovin'
« Reply #122 on: Tue, 05 February 2013, 00:58:08 »
Did Dante pass away or something?
SmallFry! <3

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
« Reply #123 on: Tue, 05 February 2013, 01:33:21 »

Unfortunately, I was not around when he did whatever got him banned. So I guess I miss  him for before.
But I always enjoy a good show, even if it is considered inappropriate or if I do not agree with what is going on.

So I would probably have enjoyed watching him heading to the ban. He's a big boy. I'm sure he knew what he was doing.

His posts were awesome, there is little to no keyboard information on here since he was banned. He did get quite annoying towards the end though!

Offline BlindRAGE606

• Prince of All Saiyans
Name your GHeros
« Reply #124 on: Tue, 05 February 2013, 01:58:32 »
In the short time that I've been here through the forums/PMs via classifieds, everyone has been positive! Definitely one of my default pages to have open.

So, everyone.

DUCKY TKL MX BLACK | HHKB PRO 2 | BEAST PH&LACEWOOD

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #125 on: Fri, 08 February 2013, 11:08:12 »
iArson is really an amazing person. He's a great guy to talk to and an extremely helpful person. I'm really glad to have met him here.