Author Topic: Matias Quiet Pro  (Read 8027 times)

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
Matias Quiet Pro
« on: Tue, 22 January 2013, 11:01:30 »
Recently was able to crack open a Matias and take an in depth peek.  Lots of pictures and a generally favorable outcome.  Read if you have the time, and feedback is appreciated.

http://www.rwlabs.com/article.php?cat=&id=771&pagenumber=1

Typing on an Alps switch is vastly different from a Cherry MX in that the actuation happens at entirely different times.  At first an Alps switch is resistant, the folded spring-steel offering a resistance 60cN+/-5cN, but gives way to a swift bottom-out.  My hands learned this type of actuation much more quickly than other keyboard switches to which I am accustom...
« Last Edit: Wed, 23 January 2013, 09:52:46 by Binge »
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Re: Matias Quiet Pro
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 08:21:21 »
Nice article.

When I get around to one of these, I will want to hear the clicks, but I'm sure that the quiet one is appreciated in the office environment.
State Freedom Caucus News 2024
Missouri state Senator Nick Schroer sponsors a bill that would allow senators to duel one another — in the Senate chambers! – legally.

Offline Binge

• * Maker
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 09:53:22 »
Appreciate the kind words.  The article was a little rushed, and I keep finding things I want to change D:

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline deltr

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 25 January 2013, 12:59:31 »
Nice writeup! Why did you split the article up into separate pages? I've been conditioned into not even giving those type of articles a chance due to the ad-spam. Yet yours has no ad spam.

Offline Binge

• * Maker
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 25 January 2013, 17:00:45 »
Nice writeup! Why did you split the article up into separate pages? I've been conditioned into not even giving those type of articles a chance due to the ad-spam. Yet yours has no ad spam.

Articles are often split into pages to reduce page load-times, but really that is a decision of the owner of the website.  I have little control of how my articles are presented other than the content.  Formatting is up to editors and admin.

Offline kalrykh

Matias Quiet Pro
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 29 January 2013, 06:46:52 »
Feels a lot like cherry clears to me.  Better bottom out though.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 29 January 2013, 07:14:43 »
Get rid of the multipage layout

Offline deepthawt

• ︻̷̿┻̿═━一
    • my programming hobby site, interactive jigsaws, photos &c
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 29 January 2013, 07:18:53 »
@binge
nice review, especially the examination of the ALPS key structure.

More
[| Ducky Shine II 9087 Yellow LED/BlueMX  |  Saitek Eclipse II  |  IBM Model M 1391401  | Cherry G80-5000  |  Logitech diNovo Mini  |  Microsoft Natural Ergonomic 4000  |  Matias Quiet Pro PC  |  Dell TH836  |  NEC KB-6923  |  Fujitsu FKB4700  |  GearHead Mini USB  KB1700U (89 key) | Filco Majestouch-2 ninja/blues  |   Matias Mini Quiet Pro PC | Ducky Shine 4/Clear MX | E Element RGB Silver/Black Outemu |]

Offline koralatov

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 29 January 2013, 09:19:26 »
Get rid of the multipage layout
+1, especially considering that each ‘page’ consists of only a couple of paragraphs of text.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
Re: Re: Matias Quiet Pro
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 29 January 2013, 11:41:40 »

How do you suggest I fix this?  Please read post #4

Combine the pages into fewer pages...

Offline Binge

• * Maker
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 29 January 2013, 12:01:48 »
I removed a number of posts because proving a point about how rwlabs.com works is not a fruitful endeavor.

Hopefully you enjoyed the writing of the article.  This should sum up my difficulties with formatting of articles. 

Until ownership changes or editing policy of the website changes I will be unable to address any posts concerning the formatting of my articles.  For that I apologize.

Offline deepthawt

• ︻̷̿┻̿═━一
    • my programming hobby site, interactive jigsaws, photos &c
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 29 January 2013, 17:55:05 »
It was worth reading, regardless of the number of pages the website owners used to publish it.

More
[| Ducky Shine II 9087 Yellow LED/BlueMX  |  Saitek Eclipse II  |  IBM Model M 1391401  | Cherry G80-5000  |  Logitech diNovo Mini  |  Microsoft Natural Ergonomic 4000  |  Matias Quiet Pro PC  |  Dell TH836  |  NEC KB-6923  |  Fujitsu FKB4700  |  GearHead Mini USB  KB1700U (89 key) | Filco Majestouch-2 ninja/blues  |   Matias Mini Quiet Pro PC | Ducky Shine 4/Clear MX | E Element RGB Silver/Black Outemu |]

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #12 on: Tue, 29 January 2013, 22:33:12 »
i cant open the link, this is what i get:

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@rwlabs.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Quote from: IvanIvanovich on Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:02:50

When you bottom out dong cap... is it going balls deep?

Offline Binge

• * Maker
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #13 on: Wed, 30 January 2013, 10:51:26 »

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@rwlabs.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Are you able to access the website www.rwlabs.com ?  The article should still be on the front page.

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #14 on: Thu, 31 January 2013, 07:08:50 »

Internal Server Error

Are you able to access the website www.rwlabs.com ?  The article should still be on the front page.
seems like I can open it now. The only problem I see with this board is even though keycaps are ABS lasered legends, they still tend to wear off. There is no GB for ALPS keycaps, not everysince I joined GH...
Quote from: IvanIvanovich on Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:02:50

When you bottom out dong cap... is it going balls deep?

Offline Hyde

• White Tofu Extraordinaire
« Reply #15 on: Sat, 16 February 2013, 18:13:45 »
Nice article, this actually had me sold on the Quiet Pro.

Initially I was debating to get the Tactile Pro or the Quiet Pro.  Since the Tactile Pro feels more crisp.  But I end up going with the Quiet Pro in the end and didn't regret it.

It's one of those keyboard that initially felt a bit meh but then it quickly grows on you after  :D

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden