Author Topic: Metal Gear Rising : Revengeance  (Read 3973 times)

Offline swagpiratex

Metal Gear Rising : Revengeance
« on: Tue, 22 January 2013, 20:25:37 »
Demo finally went live on PSN. Search for "Rising" and you'll find it.

Who's played it, and what do you think of it so far?

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
Re: Metal Gear Rising : Revengeance
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 22 January 2013, 20:32:20 »
I haven't played it, probably never will, but that title makes me laugh every time. I don't know where the game industry can even go from here now that they busted out "Revengeance" for this title. Resurrengeance?

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 01:10:30 »
Huge MGS fanboy, so I've played the demo that came with ZoE:HD and its pretty crazy. Can't wait for it to come out

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 03:35:08 »
I really want it to be as good as 3, but I know those sort of expectations are setting myself up for disappointment as the mechanics and play look much more action oriented. Perhaps Ground Zeroes will be the answer... or is it The Phantom Pains? I'm so confused :confused:

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 09:27:23 »
I really want it to be as good as 3, but I know those sort of expectations are setting myself up for disappointment as the mechanics and play look much more action oriented. Perhaps Ground Zeroes will be the answer... or is it The Phantom Pains? I'm so confused :confused:

MGR:R isn't a MGS game. It has stealth elemets but it's not NOT a stealth game at all. It's not the game Kojima showed off way back at e3 all those years ago, it got moved to Platinum Games who did Bayontta... and MGR:R is very similar.

This gives you an idea of what to expect;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KQpv6kKjYI

MGS5/MGS:GZ's will be the next MGS game, MGR is a spin-off very much like the MGA series.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 09:29:19 »
I haven't played it, probably never will, but that title makes me laugh every time. I don't know where the game industry can even go from here now that they busted out "Revengeance" for this title. Resurrengeance?

Here we go again... again!

I was excited about this game because it was a MG title on Xbox360 :)  We'll see how it comes out, though.

Offline swagpiratex

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 09:52:32 »
Just played it last night, was a lot slower paced than I expected, but blade mode is so cool! Gonna go get my preorder later today, probably at gamestop so I can get the Gray Fox skin :D

Offline lazerpointer

• ya gotta stay phresh
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 11:09:21 »
Revengeance??? Is that even a word? I am boycotting this game just because the title is so retarded

On a serious note, love Metal Gear and considering getting back into consoles....
i type, therefore i geekhack

Offline swagpiratex

« Reply #8 on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 16:02:53 »
LOL no, Revengeance isn't a word, but since when have any Japanese authors won a Pulitzer Prize?

Here's a move list, since the tutorial doesn't teach you how to play, lol.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 16:48:10 »
Revengeance??? Is that even a word? I am boycotting this game just because the title is so retarded

On a serious note, love Metal Gear and considering getting back into consoles....

your considering getting back into consoles at the end of current generation and long after the most recent MGS games came out (MGS4 and MGS:PW) ??

seems like a strange choice given that Rising isn't an MGS game... in any really meaningful way

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 16:59:40 »
Hey, good thing about getting into consoles at the end of a cycle is that there is a large library of games that can be found for cheaps

Offline lazerpointer

• ya gotta stay phresh
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 17:29:42 »

your considering getting back into consoles at the end of current generation and long after the most recent MGS games came out (MGS4 and MGS:PW) ??

seems like a strange choice given that Rising isn't an MGS game... in any really meaningful way

Good points - I think PS4 will be released before we know it (8 months away I believe). I say "considering getting back into consoles" cause there's so many good games that look great on PS3 or are exclusive to it. Also it's more of a friend-friendly experience (split screen multiplayer, controllers, all that good stuff.)

Plus I love all the Hideo Kojima games, and some of the other Japanese stuff. Also I drive Nissan cars exclusively (just had to throw that in there :p)

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 17:36:17 »
Definitely not 8 months away but both Sony and Microsoft pretty much need to show their new hardware running at E3 or they will fall behind Nintendo, even though the WiiU has been a bit disappointing. I would venture a Nov/Dec '13 release.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #13 on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 17:38:48 »

Good points - I think PS4 will be released before we know it (8 months away I believe). I say "considering getting back into consoles" cause there's so many good games that look great on PS3 or are exclusive to it. Also it's more of a friend-friendly experience (split screen multiplayer, controllers, all that good stuff.)

Plus I love all the Hideo Kojima games, and some of the other Japanese stuff. Also I drive Nissan cars exclusively (just had to throw that in there :p)

yeah pretty much confirmed for an e3 annoucement... but yeah, there are alot of good games on console... though its a bit of a cluster **** with performance on either system... given Platinum's track record the 360 version might actually be better than the PS3's... hell they couldn't even get the ZoE:HD collection right, the Second Runner on PS3 is bearly playable.

GT-R fo' lifeeeeeeeeeee

Offline Internetlad

« Reply #14 on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 18:09:35 »
MGS lost me after Snake Eater, partially because I never got a PS3, and partially because I didn't pay 50 bucks to watch an interactive cutscene.
"Beep . . . Beep . . . Beep" -Sputnik I

Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #15 on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 18:33:38 »
MGS lost me after Snake Eater, partially because I never got a PS3, and partially because I didn't pay 50 bucks to watch an interactive cutscene.

What does Heavy Rain have to do with anything?

Offline paradox

« Reply #16 on: Fri, 25 January 2013, 09:58:22 »
Don't quote me on this but if you don't skip any of the cut scenes for MGS4 I believe it makes up over half of the game.  That's fine for Heavy Rain since it was pretty much advertised as a QTE game.  The MGS series has been popularized as a stealth/action title since the NES though.

Some of the cut scenes in MGS4 ran as long as 30 minutes.  Still loved the game anyway since I'm a big fan of the series.  I won't be playing "Revengence" (am I spelling that right) simply because it seems to be more of a spin-off to me than an actual MGS game.

Offline swagpiratex

« Reply #17 on: Fri, 25 January 2013, 11:40:41 »
Yea, this game is a spinoff, for sure. Gives fans the chance to play at the overpowered Ninja class seen in MGS, MGS2, and MGS4.

And this game was developed by Platinum Games, the studio that made Bayonetta. Kojima admitted himself that if he had taken the helm, the game would have turned out much more differently.

IMO Kojima specializes in making games that play like Hide-n-Seek. This game is more like Tag, but you're always It, and lovin' it.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #18 on: Fri, 25 January 2013, 11:44:11 »
There's always splinter cell if you want that hide and seek gameplay

Offline lazerpointer

• ya gotta stay phresh
« Reply #19 on: Fri, 25 January 2013, 12:52:09 »
There's always splinter cell if you want that hide and seek gameplay

I was going to say almost this exact sentence. Love Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory

Offline paradox

« Reply #20 on: Fri, 25 January 2013, 13:12:04 »
Something always turned me off about Splinter Cell. 

Metal Gear has always appreciated story and character more.  I like how every incarnation of Metal Gear has had 'bosses' and of course there's the sense of humor.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #21 on: Fri, 25 January 2013, 18:37:47 »
Just got this from Tee Fury, thought you'd appreciate it.
12367-0

Offline lazerpointer

• ya gotta stay phresh
« Reply #22 on: Fri, 25 January 2013, 19:35:17 »
Lol, they put a box on there.   :rolleyes:

Nice shirt BTW

Offline evolyn

« Reply #23 on: Thu, 14 February 2013, 00:55:50 »
need seems awesome
Iam Looking Desprate for Championship Riven QQ

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #24 on: Thu, 14 February 2013, 05:30:27 »

boom

Offline swagpiratex

« Reply #25 on: Thu, 14 February 2013, 13:26:11 »
I hate you. How did you get already!? Lol.

Let us know how you like it!

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #26 on: Thu, 14 February 2013, 13:50:49 »
haha yeah... its ****ing awesome, so much fun... and I got it becasue, I'm just a super awesome guy and Kojima wanted to thank me for buying like 10versions of each of his games...

Offline evolyn

« Reply #27 on: Thu, 14 February 2013, 14:15:00 »
can i buy it on pc aswell ? when its out ?
Iam Looking Desprate for Championship Riven QQ

Offline swagpiratex

« Reply #28 on: Thu, 14 February 2013, 15:02:53 »
For normal people, the game is out on 2/19/13.

They are considering a PC port, but nothing definitive has been said about it.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #29 on: Thu, 14 February 2013, 16:51:53 »
I don't think there will be a PC port, given how much they have been showing of the game... I dont think pre-orders where what hey where hoping for and I'm not sure how well its going to sell over-all.

Thus I'm not 100% sure that a PC port will happen, not that it needs it really... technically the game looks great and runs almost constantally at 60fps

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #30 on: Thu, 14 February 2013, 17:47:38 »
I was done with Raiden after MGS 2. Out of all the characters they picked the anime-haired, smooth-crotched, nude-flipping whiny androdinistic pretty boy. His redesign in 4 didn't change my mind either.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #31 on: Fri, 15 February 2013, 06:45:30 »

Offline swagpiratex

« Reply #32 on: Tue, 19 February 2013, 14:38:57 »
That was a great review man.

The theatrical trailer made by Kojima that destroys all the other trailers that have been released so far.

http://www.metalgearsolidtv.com/2013/02/metal-gear-rising-revengeance-final_19.html

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #33 on: Tue, 19 February 2013, 15:13:13 »
thanks <3

Offline tauburn

« Reply #34 on: Tue, 19 February 2013, 18:28:54 »
no pc version means no play for me. it doesn't look worth buying so if i cant torrent i guess i wont play it.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #35 on: Wed, 20 February 2013, 07:50:19 »
no pc version means no play for me. it doesn't look worth buying so if i cant torrent i guess i wont play it.

Good.

Offline swagpiratex

« Reply #36 on: Wed, 20 February 2013, 07:53:47 »
Just got to the second chapter yesterday, and I keep getting pleasantly surprised haha. Can't wait to unlock everything.