Author Topic: Replacement Key Caps for Max Keyboard X8  (Read 1835 times)

Offline npgatech

Replacement Key Caps for Max Keyboard X8
« on: Tue, 22 January 2013, 22:32:06 »
I tried to google search but couldn't get anywhere. Max Keyboard folks sell key caps but they're just special keys.

I like the keyboard...its really well built but I, quite honestly, don't care about the back lighting and would love to replace the original key caps with PBT types.

Here is a comparison shot between Filco MJ2 & Max Keyboard X8. Any suggestions on how/where to get custom sized bottom row keys would be greatly appreciated. Not only the keys are of different sizes, but the placement of cherry switches on the circuit board is also different between the keyboards. Is there a standardization (Apart from ISO/ANSI layouts)? I see keycap sets with, say, Ducky keyboards only....

Offline jabar

Re: Replacement Key Caps for Max Keyboard X8
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 22 January 2013, 22:54:09 »
Unique spacebars are the bane of several keyboards like the Choc Mini. Unfortunately Max Keyboards aren't very popular here so those custom bottom rows aren't available through third-party/custom group buys.
Leopold FC660C - Max Keyboard Nighthawk X8 - Ducky DK9008 Shine II 78 Edition - Noppoo Choc Mini - Cherry G80-2100HDD - Cherry G80-8113HDPUS - Plu-M87 - Leopold FC700R Ergo Clears - Deck Legend Frost 105 - IBM F PC Keyboard - IBM M 122 (Lexmark) - Apple Extended Keyboard II

Phantom 7bit

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
Re: Replacement Key Caps for Max Keyboard X8
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 11:10:39 »
Going with Cherry keys is the easiest way. You will need to piece it together though. Older winkeyless g80 or g81-1000/3000 board and a recent winkey 1800 or 11900 are good choices to get all the needed keys in the correct sizes.