Author Topic: Ihumprod, swizerland, "big" projects  (Read 1582 times)

Offline ishumprod

Ihumprod, swizerland, "big" projects
« on: Mon, 28 January 2013, 19:11:33 »
Hi GeekHack!
First of all, i am an Old GH reader, but never frlt the need to actually register. The time has come, because today starts my adventure.

my objective: gather the biggest amount of mech keyboards, the cheaper they are, the better, (working or not)repair them, ( i don't have any atm) and get out of these with :

- A FUNCTIONAL  60% keyboard with switches of choice ( after reading reviews i think i like browns most, but have to try.
- A NUMPAD via usb (usable as gamepad i guess )

- ANY FUNNY IDEA THAT YOU GUYS CAN PROVIDE ME

i actually own a RAT9 and a acer RoG gx900 as my only "gaming" stuff.

details: i realised i forgot smth : i was planning on followin my quest on how to reduce a dome/mech full sized keyboard to a 60% one, by removing the numpad like a barbarian and putting back toghether what is needed.

hope there are still some people awake at these lare hours , and let me know if i forgot to mention something and/or if you have a question

home-made TKL rubber dome keyboard !

Offline Rafen

Re: Ihumprod, swizerland, "big" projects
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 28 January 2013, 19:59:32 »
Welcome to GH!

I would recommend trying different switches before you decide which one to put in a board. I loved browns, and still do, but recently tried reds and fell in love. So try as much as you can before you decide on something.

Good luck in your adventures.

Offline ishumprod

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 28 January 2013, 20:09:34 »
i sadly don't know where to try them, as in stores they're well, in the boxes ..

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 28 January 2013, 20:46:46 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

If you are trying to collect as many mechanical keyboards as possible, you are up against some stiff competition around here!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Rafen

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 28 January 2013, 20:50:05 »
i sadly don't know where to try them, as in stores they're well, in the boxes ..

http://www.wasdkeyboards.com/index.php/wasd-sampler-kit.html

The link above might help. I think they ship internationally, you can send him a message or post a topic in his vendor forum.

Offline ishumprod

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 28 January 2013, 21:07:08 »

http://www.wasdkeyboards.com/index.php/wasd-sampler-kit.html

The link above might help. I think they ship internationally, you can send him a message or post a topic in his vendor forum.

wow thanks =D
will try to find some time to check this out =)