Author Topic: Debunking statism: so easy a caveman can do it  (Read 38681 times)

Offline tufty

Re: Debunking statism: so easy a caveman can do it
« Reply #100 on: Sat, 02 February 2013, 00:26:30 »
reading this thread drunk i feel urgent need to stab certain persons in the eye.
I don't think it's to do with the alcohol. I'm sober and it makes me want to show what non-state-sponsored violence can look like.

Offline Malphas

« Reply #101 on: Sat, 02 February 2013, 04:32:54 »
Do you not innately have the right to your life???
Well, no. I don't have some innate right to life any more than any other sentient being on the planet does. Do gazelle have a right to life that's being violated by lions eating them? The only reason humans have the man-made notion of rights is because we've developed a framework to create and enforce them, without that it's back to law of the jungle.

Morals are also an artificial concept based on the general consensus of what most people consider desirable and undesirable behaviour and it tends to shift between cultures and generations. There's no such thing as innate right or wrong.
« Last Edit: Sat, 02 February 2013, 04:35:53 by Malphas »

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #102 on: Sat, 02 February 2013, 07:00:20 »
Quoth the Bard:

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."

That's what separates us from the animals. Cognitive reasoning.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Malphas

« Reply #103 on: Sat, 02 February 2013, 07:26:07 »
Perhaps you'd be less inclined to misuse quotes in the apparent mistaken belief they support your view if you actually understood their context and meaning. In any case no amount of reasoning can ever make something intrinsically "bad"; morals are subjective by their very nature.

Offline keyboardlover

• Hey Paul Walker, Click It or Ticket!
    • http://www.keyboardlover.com
« Reply #104 on: Sat, 02 February 2013, 08:18:22 »
I think my point has been proven here. The belief in statism is a complete and utter disregard for the sanctity of human life. Malphas has even admitted that his belief makes him feel that way. And he has even said that he doesn't believe in right or wrong, unless there is legitimization of a monopoly on violence and arbitration in order to decide for him. Wow...just wow. I'm actually kind of speechless at this point.

But once a virtuous person realizes these truths, they cannot go back to their old, prescribed and indoctrinated way of thinking.

Offline Malphas

« Reply #105 on: Sat, 02 February 2013, 08:57:46 »
Will you ever quit with the incessant strawmans?

The fact you consistently argue in a completely dishonest manner (along with labelling anyone who disagrees as a "troll") just highlights how weak any semblance of an argument you might have really is, and how poorly you're able to justify it.

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #106 on: Sat, 02 February 2013, 09:04:52 »
The funny thing is, I've actually done neither of those things.

Offline Malphas

« Reply #107 on: Sat, 02 February 2013, 09:07:26 »
Also, you see utterly unable to comprehend this topic in anything other than black and white, labelling anyone who doesn't go along with your extremist view as some brainwashed statist, without actually having any insight into what that person's views actually are.

For instance, I don't hold government in any lofty position as you seem to think. Fact is, unlike yourself I'm a realist, and enjoy the comforts that - regardless of what you think - are a fairly direct result of living in a first-world state; e.g. things like not living in a constant state of fear of violence from individuals and small groups running wild (you'll probably interject some line here about how I live in fear of the government instead, but again this is just your delusional mindset and almost entirely irrelevant to first-world nations - this isn't North Korea), reasonably well maintained infrastructure (tarred roads without criminal checkpoints extorting money, power and telephone lines that work most of the time rather than daily blackouts, etc.) whilst on the other hand I completely disregard the aspects of government control I don't care for - e.g. speed limits, recreational drug laws, and such.

I get the impression you've led a sheltered life and most of your current philosophy is some phase you're going though, judging by your obsessiveness over it, and derived mostly from stuff you've read rather than experienced.

Offline Malphas

« Reply #108 on: Sat, 02 February 2013, 09:16:29 »
The funny thing is, I've actually done neither of those things.
Well y'know except the post above where you did exactly that for starters. I never actually said any of the things you claim above, but of course, that doesn't fit in with your oversimplified black/white worldview. I don't believe in right and wrong as absolutes because they simply don't exist as such, morals are relative and changing. A "legitimization of a monopoly on violence and arbitration in order to decide for him" has nothing to do with that, governments set laws, not morals, the two are only loosely related, with many laws having nothing to do with morality and without claiming to do so either. Personally what the law dictates has extremely little impact on my behaviour, mostly I just inadvertently follow laws such as not murdering or stealing because I have no compulsion to do those things and they contradict my personal set of morals (I said right and wrong don't exist as absolutes, not that they don't exist as personal and subjective moral frameworks - a point that was probably lost on you and your simple mindset), whilst with other laws like I just mentioned I completely ignore.

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #109 on: Sat, 02 February 2013, 09:27:35 »
Like I said before, I think my point has been proven here.
« Last Edit: Sat, 02 February 2013, 09:33:49 by keyboardlover »

Offline Malphas

« Reply #110 on: Sat, 02 February 2013, 09:33:41 »
Like I said before, I think my point has been proven.
i.e. You're intellectually lazy and your arguments start to fall apart when confronted with practicalities and grey areas rather than academic extremes.

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #111 on: Sat, 02 February 2013, 09:36:55 »
i.e. You're intellectually lazy and your arguments start to fall apart when confronted with practicalities and grey areas rather than academic extremes.

Malphas, let me make something crystal clear to you: hardly anyone else in this thread I consider to be a troll and that includes people who don't agree with me. YOU are a troll. And it isn't because you disagree with me, it's because you cannot effectively debate me and ALWAYS resort to name-calling instead. I've said it before and will say it again: the writing is on the wall regarding who is a troll or not.

You've already proven my point by showing that you don't believe in the innate right a person has to their life. You don't believe in the sanctity of human life. You think it's all a big "gray area" that should be decided based entirely on arbitrary rules enforced entirely at the whim of a monopoly on violent force. You have PROVEN my point! And if you don't understand that, then I really have nothing else to say to you.
« Last Edit: Sat, 02 February 2013, 10:11:10 by keyboardlover »

Offline Malphas

« Reply #112 on: Sat, 02 February 2013, 10:13:52 »
You've already proven my point by showing that you don't believe in the innate right a person has to their life. You don't believe in the sanctity of human life. You think it's all a big "gray area" that should be decided based entirely on arbitrary rules enforced entirely at the whim of a monopoly on violent force. You have PROVEN my point! And if you don't understand that, then I really have nothing else to say to you.
I can't tell if you're being deliberately dishonest or if its your failure to understand that makes you keep spouting these strawman arguments. I've already said morality and law are seperate things. Governments don't set morals, they set laws, so clearly I couldn't possibly be saying that the sanctity of human life (which I never expressed my personal opinion of) could be set by a "monopoly of violent force" could I?

I don't believe a person has an innate right to life, because there's simply no such thing.  That has no bearing on my personal views, it's just an unavoidable reality that no rights exist outside of the ones that are able to be enforced and protected by a structured authority with the power to do so.  As much as you might wish to believe otherwise it will never make it the case. Outside of a statist system you have no more right to life than any other organism on the planet does.

Edit: I'm not the only one who's explained this to you either, sth has already expressed the same thing, but you failed to understand it from him as well. You can't just claim "it exists because I say/think it does" and expect to be taken seriously, let alone try to then hypocritically accuse others of failing to effectively debate.
« Last Edit: Sat, 02 February 2013, 12:04:16 by Malphas »

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #113 on: Sat, 02 February 2013, 10:16:48 »
Gotta love how, when someone doesn't get the reaction from you that they had desired, they always resort to the argument that you either don't know how to read; or if you can and did read, you don't have the ability to understand the concept. Or that with your refusal to accept what they "know" to be correct, that you are simply purposely being contrarian by not accepting their views as fact.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #114 on: Sat, 02 February 2013, 10:19:58 »
Malphas I'm just curious: do you think that human life is precious or expendable? Or that it doesn't matter at all?

I personally believe that it is precious.

Offline Malphas

« Reply #115 on: Sat, 02 February 2013, 10:20:18 »
Gotta love how, when someone doesn't get the reaction from you that they had desired, they always resort to the argument that you either don't know how to read; or if you can and did read, you don't have the ability to understand the concept. Or that with your refusal to accept what they "know" to be correct, that you are simply purposely being contrarian by not accepting their views as fact.

Actually jdcarpe, that was only one potential scenario I proposed for the reason KBL keeps insisting on claiming I said things that I clearly didn't, the other being that he's simply debating dishonestly.

Malphas I'm just curious: do you think that human life is precious or expendable? Or that it doesn't matter at all?

I personally believe that it is precious.

You and my opinions on the value of human life have absolutely nothing to do with whether or not an innate right to life exists. You can't just wish something into existence.  If you can demonstrate how a right to life exists outside the framework of an authority that tries to protect it (e.g. through laws, a police and judicial system) then by all means go ahead. Protip: "self-evident" is not a valid argument.
« Last Edit: Sat, 02 February 2013, 12:04:34 by Malphas »

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #116 on: Sat, 02 February 2013, 10:24:58 »
Is not answering direct questions part of your debate strategy?

Talk about "dishonest" debating! :D

Offline Malphas

« Reply #117 on: Sat, 02 February 2013, 10:27:13 »
It was an irrelevant question, intended to sidetrack the issue. So yes, talk about dishonest debating indeed.

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #118 on: Sat, 02 February 2013, 12:54:04 »

I think this guy puts it very well in his opening statement.

Offline tufty

« Reply #119 on: Sat, 02 February 2013, 13:18:20 »
Or you call them a troll.

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #120 on: Sat, 02 February 2013, 13:39:16 »
Or you call them a troll.

When people can effectively argue, they attack ideas, not people. The latter are trolls.

Offline tufty

« Reply #121 on: Sat, 02 February 2013, 13:59:52 »
When people can effectively argue, they attack ideas, not people. The latter are trolls.
That sounds more or less reasonable. However, it seems to me that the majority of namecalling has come from one side, starting with the first post in the thread.  I'll grant you that Malphas did say that you were intellectually lazy and that your arguments don't stand up.  I concur, in fact, and would probably go further.  But then I'm probably a troll too, eh?

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #122 on: Sat, 02 February 2013, 14:14:03 »
Looking back over the entire thread I respectfully and wholeheartedly disagree with you sir. But, if you feel so strongly, why don't you quote every time I or someone else attacked ideas over people, or the latter, and we can tally it all up so it is absolutely crystal clear to everyone the outcome of what you're proposing.

Offline tufty

« Reply #123 on: Sat, 02 February 2013, 14:31:35 »
I'm not a "sir", to you or anyone else, and I'm not "proposing" anything.

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #124 on: Sat, 02 February 2013, 14:51:09 »
Sorry maam, I meant no disrespect.

Anyway, if you have an argument, let's hear it.
« Last Edit: Sat, 02 February 2013, 15:06:12 by keyboardlover »

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • "DO NOT BRING YOUR EVIL HERE." -Swamp Thing
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #125 on: Sat, 02 February 2013, 15:47:20 »
KBL, I still cannot accept your statement from earlier -- I feel like it just isn't rational.

Quote from: keyboardlover
Yes dude, I believe that an individual should be able to, if they so choose, own a gun, RPG, tank, nuclear weapon, etc. if they so choose to. Because, not only does that happen now, but because it's legitimized by government, those who end up owning such things are inevitably 90% more likely to be the most dangerous people who could be in control of them.

It's really the very first sentence that I take issue with -- but I added the second sentence because I felt like it needed context. My earlier point had been that although we both agree that human beings have innate rights, it seems that you believe that these rights (or at least the right to own a firearm, or the right to self-defense) is limitless. They would be limitless if all men were individuals, living in anarchy. Classical thought tells us that when men enter into a social contract, they allow for the restriction of some of these rights in order to secure greater security. So yes, limiting a person's ability to defend themselves does infringe upon their rights, but since it makes society safer in general it is allowed. Again, that doesn't mean men should be completely disarmed, but only that some sensible restrictions be made. Restrictions such as registering the weapon, licensing to ensure that the weapon owner is familiar enough with its use as to be less likely to harm themselves or other accidentally.

But again, you replied:

Yes dude, I believe that an individual should be able to, if they so choose, own a gun, RPG, tank, nuclear weapon, etc. if they so choose to.

Then you backed off (somewhat) on the statement stating that you didn't think it was likely or economically feasible for men (all men) to own a nuclear weapon. The point of the question of whether all men should be allowed to own a nuke is to test the theory of whether self-defense rights should be subject to any sort of limitation. You made a statement that the mere owning of a weapon does not infringe upon another person's rights, and so therefore it should be allowed.

I could take this argument done piece by piece, KBL, but it would a pointless exercise, I think. A very common test of any ethical precept is to ask: "If everyone followed this rule, if everyone did what this rule or precept dictates, would the common good be served?" In the case of a simple handgun, or an assault weapon, if every individual owned one complete chaos would not ensue. People would be very polite to one another, sure, but what violence ensued would be controllable. Now, if everyone owned a nuke, that would not be good for people in general. They're simply too dangerous.

What's the difference between a state controlling a nuke and an individual? An individual has a bad day and can go crazy -- a large body of people are more likely to act slowly, deliberately and without passion. Also, it's a question of degree -- a nuke is far more than is necessary for deterring personal violence against an individual. Nukes are used as a deterrent by governments acting on the behalf of the large groups of people -- the people who elected them. So in a sense, every citizen of the U.S. 'owns' a nuke -- but we don't all have our fingers on the triggers.

No right is absolute, nor should it be.

Yes dude, I believe that an individual should be able to, if they so choose, own a gun, RPG, tank, nuclear weapon, etc. if they so choose to.

I just had to post it one last time. This statement (not necessarily you personally) is crazy. Some weapons go far beyond what is reasonable, and the mere act of owning them is so potentially dangerous to so large a number of people that their ownership should be restricted. Why leave it at nukes, KBL? How about ricin? It's a bioweapon that is so incredibly potent just a small amount could kill tens of thousands of people. Should private citizens be allowed to make and store ricin at their whim? If you say 'yes' -- then that's a crazy statement. Crazy. So please don't endorse the idea that Second Amendment rights are absolute -- they are not, and should not be.

Please reconsider your position, KBL. Please, and then I can focus on the collectivists, who ask, "How can anyone 'own' anything?"
« Last Edit: Sat, 02 February 2013, 15:51:24 by Krogenar »
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
Quote from: Samuel Adams
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline Lpb45

Debunking statism: so easy a caveman can do it
« Reply #126 on: Sat, 02 February 2013, 21:35:52 »
Tldr
Topre - 86U   |   Filco - Tenkeyless Linear Red
Filco - Tenkeyless Blue       |   Filco - Fullsize Non NKRO Blue (Work)

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #127 on: Sat, 02 February 2013, 21:56:18 »
Krogenar, I think I made a point earlier (which you didn't bring up here) which is that an individual's property ownership in no way infringes upon your rights, it is only an action which does so. As such, I strongly believe that people should be free to protect themselves in the way that they see fit. Why do you trust a giant group of insane individuals in control of these weapons over one insane individual who would need a gigantic amount of resources to own one? The ability of an individual person to obtain a nuclear weapon is important here, because it requires an absurd amount of resources for an individual to obtain one. You mentioned me jumping a bit here but to be fair, you've argued two sides of this yourself - the property ownership side as well as the risk-based "possibility of widespread danger" side, which I would still argue is inherently much more dangerous in statism because of many factors. One being the need for huge resources to obtain one, another being the nature of the market itself, and third being the nature itself of a voluntary society (for which the necessity to own such weapons is arguable).

Your assumption that the state in control of the nuke is fair because it represents the interests of the majority assumes a democracy - but our present political system is purely oligarchical! So, that can't be true. And are you saying it's better that this maniacal and insane monopoly on violence has it's finger on the trigger rather than a peaceful person who would simply own such property with no intention to use it at all? The point is that ownership doesn't imply intent; it can only imply an ability to infringe upon another's right to life in a certain way. But ownership of property in and of itself does not infringe upon others' rights. It's the same way with firearms.

Now Krogenar, you're starting to worry me here...you're attacking me and not my ideas. You're calling me crazy, because I think that there shouldn't be laws against the type of property that people can own. How do you justify the opposite when the simple fact of property ownership it, in and of itself, does not infringe on another person's rights?

Attack my ideas, Krog. Don't attack me.

Oh and speaking of the second amendment, I thought I already made a point about the Constitution (and about all laws really) but I'll make it here now. They are all meaningless. That are literally worth about as much as a piece of paper with writing on it. If I write on a piece of paper that I can steal from you, does that make it true? No? Well, then how does the Constitution's right of taxation make it so? Or it's inherent ability to own slaves? Or it's inherent racism or sexism? Or the ability for precious metals to be used as legal tender? The point is that all laws are always at the discretion of those in the monopoly of violence. The Constitution itself HAS no inherent authority or obligation, which is why it's simply used by the state for whatever is in the best interests of the state. That's why it's violated ALL THE TIME. As Spooner rightly said in "No Treason" (which I highly recommend reading especially if you consider yourself libertarian), The Constitution either authorized the government we have today or was powerless to stop it.

Statism must be questioned at all levels. You need to ask yourself questions like, what is truly stopping people from obtaining the weapons you don't want them to have now? If they already have them, how would you want them to be taken away? If they aren't being used for nefarious purposes, why would you want them to be taken away? Why are your rights to property ownership more legitimate than theirs?

And here's another thing to ponder: if you don't wish to live in my world, the beauty is that you are free to go. But I am forced to live in yours. Do you believe people should have the right to be left alone? I do.
« Last Edit: Sat, 02 February 2013, 22:36:29 by keyboardlover »

Offline Malphas

« Reply #128 on: Sun, 03 February 2013, 05:29:58 »
You're being wilfully ignorant of the practicalities of reality here though, Keyboardlover. Yes, ownership doesn't indicate intent, but really, who is more likely to use a devastating nuclear weapon - a) someone who owns said weapon, or b) someone who doesn't? That's why the vast majority of people are quite happy to have ownership of nuclear weapons (and other things) restricted. Most people don't see this as an invasive restriction of liberties under threat of violence they way you seem to, they see it as something that makes them, their families and the world safer (which it does).

And here's another thing to ponder: if you don't wish to live in my world, the beauty is that you are free to go. But I am forced to live in yours. Do you believe people should have the right to be left alone? I do.

I agree there should be an opt-out option here for folks like yourself, where you can stop paying taxes (the only thing I can really think of that a first world government is compelling you to do) and in return you relinquish everything the state provides - i.e. the protection of the police and judicial system, the use of public roads, fiat currency, etc.

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • "DO NOT BRING YOUR EVIL HERE." -Swamp Thing
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #129 on: Sun, 03 February 2013, 06:28:49 »
Krogenar, I think I made a point earlier (which you didn't bring up here) which is that an individual's property ownership in no way infringes upon your rights, it is only an action which does so.

I'm saddened now because this is evidence that even the OP isn't actually reading the replies. I will be honest and say, I did not read all of them either, because some of them were just TL;DR replies, or flaming, etc. -- but I always read yours KBL -- and I read them carefully, because you deserved that. Just one post above, I stated:

Quote from: Krogenar
Then you backed off (somewhat) on the statement stating that you didn't think it was likely or economically feasible for men (all men) to own a nuclear weapon. The point of the question of whether all men should be allowed to own a nuke is to test the theory of whether self-defense rights should be subject to any sort of limitation. You made a statement that the mere owning of a weapon does not infringe upon another person's rights, and so therefore it should be allowed.

I try very hard to be a serious, careful thinker. I wouldn't misrepresent your beliefs -- that's dirty pool.

Quote from: KBL
As such, I strongly believe that people should be free to protect themselves in the way that they see fit. Why do you trust a giant group of insane individuals in control of these weapons over one insane individual who would need a gigantic amount of resources to own one? The ability of an individual person to obtain a nuclear weapon is important here, because it requires an absurd amount of resources for an individual to obtain one.

I don't think of the government as a giant collection of insane people, as you do. I think of them as an overlarge collection of flawed (but normal) humans inefficiently organized. My question about whether a private individual should be allowed to possess a nuclear weapon (or ricin, or some other weapon capable of widespread destruction) is designed to test whether the Second Amendment right to self-protection is limitless. I believe it is a right, but not a limitless right.

When you argued that a private individual should be allowed to own a nuclear weapon you are essentially saying that there is no limit to the right of an individual to protect himself. But then you go and claim that this is acceptable because not many people could afford it anyway. But that's beside the point, KBL -- don't you see that? Should Steve Jobs, a billionaire, and potentially capable of financing a nuke been allowed by the law to build one? Ignore the political theorizing for the moment, and apply the 'smell test', and it fails even there.

I'm taking the gloves off now, KBL, because you've accused me (wrongly) of calling you crazy. Again, had you actually read the post you would see that I went to great pains to not call you crazy, just that one statement. And I gave you lots of opportunities to modify the statement or back away from it, because that's only fair. But instead, you lumped me in with a bunch of namecallers because I challenged one of your ideas. And then you maligned the U.S. Constitution, so no more deference for you.

So now let's imagine ricin, which (horrifyingly) does not require a lot of money to make. Should someone who feels so completely threatened by the world around them be allowed to make ricin, KBL? According to you, only using ricin would be wrong, not owning it. But the world is a complicated place. Let's say our hypothetical owner just purchased the ricing from someone. It still implies a market for ricin! Someone is making it somewhere, and the making of something that horrible is dangerous, not acceptable to the larger good of protecting people from harm. Ownership is an action. Individual ownership of a handgun does impose some risk to society, but it is a risk that society must accept. But it does not have to accept an individual owning a weapon capable of harming thousands of people -- that goes too far.

Is any of this making sense to you, KBL?

Your assumption that the state in control of the nuke is fair because it represents the interests of the majority assumes a democracy - but our present political system is purely oligarchical! So, that can't be true. And are you saying it's better that this maniacal and insane monopoly on violence has it's finger on the trigger rather than a peaceful person who would simply own such property with no intention to use it at all? The point is that ownership doesn't imply intent; it can only imply an ability to infringe upon another's right to life in a certain way. But ownership of property in and of itself does not infringe upon others' rights.

Yes, I believe a weapon of potential widespread destruction should only rest in the hands of a body of people whose task is the defense of a large number of people. Those kinds of weapons are for defending nations, not single individuals. A large body of people have the necessary skills for that weapons safe manufacture, storage; a single individual likely does not have the skills and knowledge necessary to make the ownership of that weapon safe for others.

It's the same way with firearms.

That's a foolish statement. Ricin, nukes -- they're not the same as firearms. They're not the same as a handgun, KBL. If this simple fact is not evident to you then I'm a fool for continuing this debate. Are you crazy? I have no idea, I don't know you. But I know your arguments, and some of your arguments, ideas, beliefs are certifiable. Does this reflect poorly on you? Sure. But that's unavoidable on my part. Earlier in this discussion (page one) I stated that I was in support of child safety laws on the grounds that children cannot advocate for themselves; they can't say, "Hey Mom, Dad, get me a child safety seat!" But you pointed out that parents should make those decisions, not governments, as governments don't own children. I modified my position on the strength of your argument.

But this is something you cannot do yourself. Not even on something as transparently obvious as whether a private individual should own a weapon of mass destruction.

Now Krogenar, you're starting to worry me here...you're attacking me and not my ideas. You're calling me crazy, because I think that there shouldn't be laws against the type of property that people can own. How do you justify the opposite when the simple fact of property ownership it, in and of itself, does not infringe on another person's rights?

I'm worrying you? Well, the feeling is mutual.

Attack my ideas, Krog. Don't attack me.

I haven't attacked you, personally, KBL -- just your batpoop-crazy idea that the individual right to self-protection is limitless, therefore extending to individuals the right to own ricin, nukes, and other weapons of mass destruction.

Oh and speaking of the second amendment, I thought I already made a point about the Constitution (and about all laws really) but I'll make it here now. They are all meaningless. That are literally worth about as much as a piece of paper with writing on it. If I write on a piece of paper that I can steal from you, does that make it true? No? Well, then how does the Constitution's right of taxation make it so? Or it's inherent ability to own slaves? Or it's inherent racism or sexism? Or the ability for precious metals to be used as legal tender? The point is that all laws are always at the discretion of those in the monopoly of violence. The Constitution itself HAS no inherent authority or obligation, which is why it's simply used by the state for whatever is in the best interests of the state. That's why it's violated ALL THE TIME. As Spooner rightly said in "No Treason" (which I highly recommend reading especially if you consider yourself libertarian), The Constitution either authorized the government we have today or was powerless to stop it.

You clearly don't like laws, KBL, that's fine, but they're not all meaningless. jdcapre quote the Declaration of Independence earlier, which states that:

Quote from: Thomas Jefferson
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

The Framers acknowledged that all the documents generated by them would be merely scraps of paper that enshrined the natural order, natural laws -- that it is wrong to take by force, etc. Documents that reflect these natural laws concerning the rights of humans are not meaningless, in my view. This is key: the rights of people do not come from a piece of paper, they do not come from the government. This is important because if rights are given by the government, by a scrap of paper, then that government or the scrap of paper can decide to take them away. But when these rights are imbued into us by our Creator (that could be a deity, a spaghetti-monster, or nature, etc. -- doesn't matter) then no one can take them away completely. Even as the Framers wrote on paper, their words were designed to transcend that paper.

So. Give the Framers their due, KBL --- The Constitution is a beautiful document, unlike any other, and worthy of protection.

Statism must be questioned at all levels. You need to ask yourself questions like, what is truly stopping people from obtaining the weapons you don't want them to have now?

I don't want private individuals to make or own ricin, or nuclear weapons. Homeland Security, and various other national agencies (representatives of much larger groups of people) are actively trying to stop people from owning those WMDs, and I hope they are successful.

If they already have them, how would you want them to be taken away?

If a private individual already has ricin, a nuke or some other WMD, I want it to be taken away from them ... carefully. Which supports my argument as to why they shouldn't have them in the first place. I'm not a member of a SWAT team, but my guess is that taking firearms (handguns) away from an individual is a lot easier than taking a WMD away from them. Ideally, private individuals would not obtain WMDs at all. Ever. I'm feeling pretty confident that this is a sensible position. But since I'm a troll anyway, who has just attacked you and not your ideas, please don't feel the need to respond with an argument.

Heads up -- I am about to lampoon your idea, not you -- it might hurt your feelings, so don't stand too close to those ideas for the next few lines of text, ok?

If they aren't being used for nefarious purposes, why would you want [ricin, nukes, sarin, other WMDs] to be taken away?

(Krog being dragged off by police)
Krog: "That ricin was for peaceful purposes! And the dirty nuke was for ... for my personal protection! I have the right to irradiate a large area of land in order to protect myself!"
Police: "Yeah, ok."
Krog: "I have rights! I had no intention of ever using these weapons! None!"
(A battalion of men in bright yellow biohazard suits runs into Krog's house)
Police: "I feel a lot safer now that you said that, sir."
Krog: "What kind of tyrannical statist government would prohibit me from exercising my right to own ricin! This is an outrage!"

"Why are your rights to property ownership more legitimate than [their right to own a WMD]?

Because WMDs are capable of a level of destruction that would impact a huge number of other people's rights, KBL. Can a handgun or assault weapon cause widespread harm? Yes, but nowhere near the levels that some weapons can achieve, and hence, it is rational and wise to limit their ownership to organizations that are tasked with protecting large groups of people. The answer is scale. I believe that the reasons for why you should not own ricin are now self-evident.

I agree that we live in wildly different worlds, KBL, but you are wrong again! I am NOT FREE to leave your world, KBL. And you cannot leave mine. We're forced to live in it together, which is why we have politics in the first place, to try to make the living arrangements more pleasant for everyone. I am sorry you feel trapped in a world you don't like. I will leave you alone. But the question is: Can you manage to be left alone without owning ricin, KBL? Or is this too great an imposition by me and all the other people like me who are really opposed to any single person owning ricin on the grounds that, well, we could all end up dead, otherwise? Maybe I'm completely off-base here, but you sound angry. I am opposed to peace-loving hippies owning ricin, but I am even more opposed to angry people owning ricin. Not because I'm a statist, or a tyrant, but because I want to continue living. I respect and acknowledge your right to self-protection; your right to own a firearm in the defense of that right -- but there's a limit. Ricin, and other WMDs fall within that proscribed limit of what you are allowed to own. Sorry.

All I was hoping was that you could admit that the right to self-protection is not unlimited; not absolute. What I didn't count on was that doing so would prove that a state is necessary, which would cause your philosophy of voluntaryism to come crashing down all around you.

Anyway, this discussion is over for me. I think I've made my point as objectively as I know how and in the process I've been wrongly accused of trolling and misrepresenting KBL's position.
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
Quote from: Samuel Adams
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #130 on: Sun, 03 February 2013, 07:40:11 »
You're being wilfully ignorant of the practicalities of reality here though, Keyboardlover. Yes, ownership doesn't indicate intent, but really, who is more likely to use a devastating nuclear weapon - a) someone who owns said weapon, or b) someone who doesn't? That's why the vast majority of people are quite happy to have ownership of nuclear weapons (and other things) restricted. Most people don't see this as an invasive restriction of liberties under threat of violence they way you seem to, they see it as something that makes them, their families and the world safer (which it does).

I think you're ignorant of the practicalities of reality here Malphas: HOW are you going to keep someone from owning a nuclear weapon? What is it about the system now that is stopping them? The illegality? Does that stop anyone from obtaining anything? Last I checked people use illegal drugs ALL the time, people buy illegal firearms ALL the time, etc. If someone wants to get a nuke, they're going to be able to get it and that goes for anything really. The only thing that may get in their way are things like, the NATURE ITSELF of what they are trying to acquire, or the nature of its market.

And Krog...

I'm saddened now because this is evidence that even the OP isn't actually reading the replies. I will be honest and say, I did not read all of them either, because some of them were just TL;DR replies, or flaming, etc. -- but I always read yours KBL -- and I read them carefully, because you deserved that.

@Krog, I apologize for misrepresenting something you said; but I think that was important and missed in your argument. I haven't quite seen you truly attack that part of my argument yet...

I don't think of the government as a giant collection of insane people, as you do. I think of them as an overlarge collection of flawed (but normal) humans inefficiently organized. My question about whether a private individual should be allowed to possess a nuclear weapon (or ricin, or some other weapon capable of widespread destruction) is designed to test whether the Second Amendment right to self-protection is limitless. I believe it is a right, but not a limitless right.

I never argued in favor or support of the second amendment at all. Don't forget that I completely and utterly debunked the constitution earlier. It's a worthless document. It's a piece of paper with writing on it that HAS no inherent authority or obligation. I HIGHLY recommend, as I mentioned, that you read No Treason by Lysander Spooner. From a legal perspective ITSELF according to U.S. LAW, the Constitution has no inherent authority or obligation. If it is to be enforced contractually, it's not contractually binding because none of us ever signed it and all the people who signed it are now dead! As such, the Constitution only ever fully applied to those signed it, for the time that they were alive (if it is to be assumed to be contractual). If you believe that it HAS some other authority, besides the complete and utter discretion of those in the monopoly of violence, who are controlled by corporatism, then please state what that authority is exactly.

When you argued that a private individual should be allowed to own a nuclear weapon you are essentially saying that there is no limit to the right of an individual to protect himself. But then you go and claim that this is acceptable because not many people could afford it anyway. But that's beside the point, KBL -- don't you see that? Should Steve Jobs, a billionaire, and potentially capable of financing a nuke been allowed by the law to build one? Ignore the political theorizing for the moment, and apply the 'smell test', and it fails even there.

Why is it such a difficult point to accept for you that I really don't CARE what an individual owns, so long as they don't infring upon my rights dude? You and I already live in a world of risk and for all reasons I prefer my world. What would I do about nukes in a world without government? I wouldn't put them in the hands of insane people. Oh you know - the people who believe killing 500,000+ kids in order to bring "Democracy" to the middle east is "worth it". If that's not insane Krog, then what is? What would I do about the mentally ill in a world without government? That's easy: I wouldn't give them a government!

So now let's imagine ricin, which (horrifyingly) does not require a lot of money to make. Should someone who feels so completely threatened by the world around them be allowed to make ricin, KBL? According to you, only using ricin would be wrong, not owning it. But the world is a complicated place. Let's say our hypothetical owner just purchased the ricing from someone. It still implies a market for ricin! Someone is making it somewhere, and the making of something that horrible is dangerous, not acceptable to the larger good of protecting people from harm. Ownership is an action. Individual ownership of a handgun does impose some risk to society, but it is a risk that society must accept. But it does not have to accept an individual owning a weapon capable of harming thousands of people -- that goes too far.

The point is that there's nothing stopping them now (certainly laws don't stop criminals) and in order to stop them you need violence.

Is any of this making sense to you, KBL?

Nope.

Yes, I believe a weapon of potential widespread destruction should only rest in the hands of a body of people whose task is the defense of a large number of people. Those kinds of weapons are for defending nations, not single individuals. A large body of people have the necessary skills for that weapons safe manufacture, storage; a single individual likely does not have the skills and knowledge necessary to make the ownership of that weapon safe for others.

If we need them for defense, why are they out spreading American Imperialism in foreign lands effectively making us less safe? Because they follow orders from corporate-controlled puppet politicians. Which is why people are starting to quit the Air Force (and other military) now more than ever, because a virtuous person can't abide being ordered to drone bomb innocent men women and children from a freaking computer far away. We live in a world of risk buddy, and creating a government takes that risk to a whole new dangerous level. And you even admitted yourself that history shows the danger of government is incredible. But I don't think you've been able to effectively prove why lack of government would necessarily be more dangerous.

That's a foolish statement. Ricin, nukes -- they're not the same as firearms. They're not the same as a handgun, KBL. If this simple fact is not evident to you then I'm a fool for continuing this debate. Are you crazy? I have no idea, I don't know you. But I know your arguments, and some of your arguments, ideas, beliefs are certifiable. Does this reflect poorly on you? Sure. But that's unavoidable on my part. Earlier in this discussion (page one) I stated that I was in support of child safety laws on the grounds that children cannot advocate for themselves; they can't say, "Hey Mom, Dad, get me a child safety seat!" But you pointed out that parents should make those decisions, not governments, as governments don't own children. I modified my position on the strength of your argument.

When did I say those weapons were the same? I didn't...that was never my point at all. My point is that laws right now don't stop anyone from getting anything.

Not even on something as transparently obvious as whether a private individual should own a weapon of mass destruction.

Oh dear...using a George Bush word are we? Why don't you be so good as to define it then? "Weapon of mass destruction"? Napalm is a weapon of mass destruction that anyone can make in their garage. McVeigh built the bombs he used by himself using items you can order from any. The point is, LAWS don't stop people from getting their hands on anything...if people want to get it, they will get it and that's a risk in life you're going to have to accept. Not only that, laws make certain things more enticing because the psychological fact that often times people are enticed or excited by the thought of owning what they can't have. In areas around the world where there is no drinking age, for example, there is hardly any binge drinking at all. These folks don't care so much about being able to own alcohol because it isn't illegal. And hey I certainly don't believe that people should be able to use "weapons of mass destruction" against peaceful people - so why do you want to legitimize the people who are doing it now? Hundreds of thousands of kids DEAD in the middle east, for what MANIACS believe is a "worthy cause", and this hasn't stopped yet! If that's not crazy, then what is? Point being: the most dangerous weapons in the world are ALREADY in the hands of the most dangerous people they could be in, and are being fired upon innocent people ALL THE TIME. People are dying all around the world, and my argument is to make this stop, and yours is to empower the war machine. If you look up the history of the word "libertarian", there was never such a thing as a pro-government or pro-military libertarian originally. The modern American libertarian, for the most part, is not a real libertarian in the most true sense of that word. They were always anarchical in nature (and actually more socialist historically). Point is, I would highly recommend reading more about Libertarianism itself, and I can provide a plethora of great reading material if you are interested. For instance, ever read "Civil Disobediance" by Thoreau, the book that had profound influences on Gandhi and MLK Jr.? These folks espouse the same beliefs as I. Don't believe me? Then read and prove me wrong.

The Framers acknowledged that all the documents generated by them would be merely scraps of paper that enshrined the natural order, natural laws -- that it is wrong to take by force, etc. Documents that reflect these natural laws concerning the rights of humans are not meaningless, in my view. This is key: the rights of people do not come from a piece of paper, they do not come from the government. This is important because if rights are given by the government, by a scrap of paper, then that government or the scrap of paper can decide to take them away. But when these rights are imbued into us by our Creator (that could be a deity, a spaghetti-monster, or nature, etc. -- doesn't matter) then no one can take them away completely. Even as the Framers wrote on paper, their words were designed to transcend that paper.
So. Give the Framers their due, KBL --- The Constitution is a beautiful document, unlike any other, and worthy of protection.

No offense dude but I won't give the Framers jack s***. In fact, f*** the framers. They represented nothing more than a racist, sexist,  bureaucratic oligarchy, very few of whom truly cared about individual freedom, and those who did were willing to give in to the others who wanted nothing more than the ability to control other people. Natural order? What like the fact that all the benefits only applied to "free men", which left out black people and women? Is sexism or racism "natural order"? Or how about the power it gave the government over marriage, a social and religious construct? Good thing for that; gay people in droves supported Obama because they believed they were actually getting something of value in the last couple elections. In fact, they were only getting a small fraction back of something they never had in the first place: Freedom.

I don't want private individuals to make or own ricin, or nuclear weapons. Homeland Security, and various other national agencies (representatives of much larger groups of people) are actively trying to stop people from owning those WMDs, and I hope they are successful.

How can you support the DHS and call yourself a libertarian? You're legitimizing an organization which is FAR more dangerous than any individual could ever be. It's nothing more than one of many armed government militias, again, taking orders from politicians controlled by corporatism. That's the way the system works. A virtuous person simply cannot legitimize such. The DHS is responsible for more organized violence than I can even care to think about right now.

If a private individual already has ricin, a nuke or some other WMD, I want it to be taken away from them ... carefully. Which supports my argument as to why they shouldn't have them in the first place. I'm not a member of a SWAT team, but my guess is that taking firearms (handguns) away from an individual is a lot easier than taking a WMD away from them. Ideally, private individuals would not obtain WMDs at all. Ever. I'm feeling pretty confident that this is a sensible position. But since I'm a troll anyway, who has just attacked you and not your ideas, please don't feel the need to respond with an argument.

Dude, I never called you a troll...don't put words in my mouth. Actually I think you've been one of the best debaters in this thread thus far, and I am quite happy to debate you. But simply put, that response does not answer my question. The point is, in order to take someone's property away from them, you're going to need to legitimize violence. This will never happen with guns because they would need to literally go door-to-door and if they do that, there is going to be blood and after a little while, the police are going to start refusing to do it. Your idealism will never happen because laws don't stop anyone from obtaining anything now.

Because WMDs are capable of a level of destruction that would impact a huge number of other people's rights, KBL. Can a handgun or assault weapon cause widespread harm? Yes, but nowhere near the levels that some weapons can achieve, and hence, it is rational and wise to limit their ownership to organizations that are tasked with protecting large groups of people. The answer is scale. I believe that the reasons for why you should not own ricin are now self-evident.

Your reasons for not owning ricin do not negate my point that property ownership, in and of itself, does not infringe upon another person's rights and that you will need to legitimize infringing that person's rights (using violence i.e. the gun of government, the most dangerous one of all) in order to take their property away from them. I really don't care if someone owns ricin or nukes or C4 or DRONES or whatever. I care if they are using them to harm innocent people, and that's why I want to disarm government, because that's exactly what is happening now, and what your arguments legitimize.

I agree that we live in wildly different worlds, KBL, but you are wrong again! I am NOT FREE to leave your world, KBL. And you cannot leave mine. We're forced to live in it together, which is why we have politics in the first place, to try to make the living arrangements more pleasant for everyone. I am sorry you feel trapped in a world you don't like. I will leave you alone. But the question is: Can you manage to be left alone without owning ricin, KBL? Or is this too great an imposition by me and all the other people like me who are really opposed to any single person owning ricin on the grounds that, well, we could all end up dead, otherwise? Maybe I'm completely off-base here, but you sound angry. I am opposed to peace-loving hippies owning ricin, but I am even more opposed to angry people owning ricin. Not because I'm a statist, or a tyrant, but because I want to continue living. I respect and acknowledge your right to self-protection; your right to own a firearm in the defense of that right -- but there's a limit. Ricin, and other WMDs fall within that proscribed limit of what you are allowed to own. Sorry.

You said that you'll leave me alone but your arguments show otherwise - you don't actually believe people should have the right to be left alone. You believe that force should be used on peaceful people because you don't agree with the type of property they own. I don't. If you were really opposed to angry or crazy or insane people using dangerous weapons on innocent people, then you would be on my side. Because that is what is currently happening EVERY DAY, and I want it to end! This is why statism should be abolished, because the most dangerous people are already in control of the most dangerous weapons, because people like yourself believe that it's "necessary", and thousands of innocent people (including children), every year, are being killed as a result. "Necessary?!" F*** necessary. If the alternative is being concerned about some random dude owning ricin or C4, I much prefer legitimizing the option where people have the right to left alone. Simply put, that is the ONLY virtuous option. And I have accepted the fact that life is filled with risk and that laws do not stop anyone from obtaining anything now, and they never will.

All I was hoping was that you could admit that the right to self-protection is not unlimited; not absolute. What I didn't count on was that doing so would prove that a state is necessary, which would cause your philosophy of voluntaryism to come crashing down all around you.

If that's what you really think, I am not sure you comprehended my arguments well. I believe that my point has already been proven numerous times, that a state is inherently dangerous and unnecessary. If you believe that it's necessary, then you believe that legitimizing a monopoly on violence is necessary. You believe that evil is necessary. I do not.
« Last Edit: Sun, 03 February 2013, 09:02:28 by keyboardlover »

Offline Malphas

« Reply #131 on: Sun, 03 February 2013, 08:58:26 »
I think you're ignorant of the practicalities of reality here Malphas: HOW are you going to keep someone from owning a nuclear weapon? What is it about the system now that is stopping them? The illegality? Does that stop anyone from obtaining anything? Last I checked people use illegal drugs ALL the time, people buy illegal firearms ALL the time, etc. If someone wants to get a nuke, their going to be able to get it and that goes for anything really. The only thing that may get in their way are things like, the NATURE ITSELF of what they are trying to acquire, or the nature of its market.
Right, and making it not-illegal to own a nuclear weapon alleviates that how exactly? The drug and firearm situations aren't comparable, they aren't even comparable to each other, but we already know from the firearm thread that you're oblivious to the fact that most illegally-owned firearms began life as legally owned ones that fell into the wrong hands (please don't start trying to debate this, it's an actual fact), but let's not to go down that road again.

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #132 on: Sun, 03 February 2013, 09:09:00 »
Right, and making it not-illegal to own a nuclear weapon alleviates that how exactly? The drug and firearm situations aren't comparable, they aren't even comparable to each other, but we already know from the firearm thread that you're oblivious to the fact that most illegally-owned firearms began life as legally owned ones that fell into the wrong hands (please don't start trying to debate this, it's an actual fact), but let's not to go down that road again.

I don't remember ever having a discussion with you about what illegal firearms are, but I don't really disagree about that. My point is though, that laws don't stop anyone from obtaining anything and they never will. What worse is that psychologically illegality of property often has a psychological effect on humans causing them to want to obtain it more than if it were not illegal. What's worst is the belief in government legitimizes these weapons to be used by the war machine against peaceful people all. the. time. But yea I totally agree that the weapons are different. Unlike you guys, I don't believe that weapons of mass destruction should be fired upon peaceful people. I want to peacefully abolish the most dangerous weapoon of mass destruction which has ever existed or will ever exist: government.

I mean, do you guys actually believe that an individual or a small group of individuals should be able to own a GOVERNMENT???

Offline Malphas

« Reply #133 on: Sun, 03 February 2013, 09:26:19 »
Unlike you guys, I don't believe that weapons of mass destruction should be fired upon peaceful people.

Yet more strawman arguments... You're completely unable to debate this without hyperbole and histrionic behaviour.

To answer your loaded question, firstly, I reject your assertion that government is a weapon, and no I do not think an individual or small group of individuals should be able to own a government. I believe that representative democracy and Peelian principles are so far the most fair and stable system to have been used yet overall. Obviously I'm fully aware that corruption exists, but rather than jump to the ridiculous conclusion that because of that all government is bad, I'm simply anti-corruption, not anti-Statism.
« Last Edit: Sun, 03 February 2013, 09:36:20 by Malphas »

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #134 on: Sun, 03 February 2013, 10:20:19 »
That which is corruptible is corrupt by nature. A limited government therefore is a contradiction in terms as Robert LeFevre said.

Offline Malphas

« Reply #135 on: Sun, 03 February 2013, 10:26:34 »
That which is corruptible is corrupt by nature.

No. You can't just say arbitrary things and pretend they're true (which accounts for 90% of your arguments) and expect to be taken seriously.

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #136 on: Sun, 03 February 2013, 10:32:13 »
No.

Oh really? Let's see: you need human beings to create a corruptible system, and so long as you have human beings, it will be corrupted.

(which accounts for 90% of your arguments)

And that is why I call you a troll. Completely untrue; my logic and reasoning is sound and you've thus far been unsuccessful in proving otherwise, as usual.
« Last Edit: Sun, 03 February 2013, 10:37:35 by keyboardlover »

Offline Malphas

« Reply #137 on: Sun, 03 February 2013, 10:45:12 »
Oh really? Let's see: you need human beings to create a corruptible system, and so long as you have human beings, it will be corrupted.

See, I don't see how you can make a statement like this without realising how fundamentally wrong you are. What you essentially just said is:

"you need eggs to make an omelet, therefore as long as you have eggs, you will have an omelet"

Do I really need to explain how even a four year-old could see the error in your logic here?

And that is why I call you a troll. Completely untrue; my logic and reasoning is sound and you've thus far been unsuccessful in proving otherwise, as usual.

What I just said above is just one example of many of how your logic and reasoning are far, far from sound. Pointing out your delusions does not make me a troll.

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #138 on: Sun, 03 February 2013, 10:47:18 »
My logic isn't sound? You just compared a human being to an egg and a government to an omelette. LOL!

Offline Malphas

« Reply #139 on: Sun, 03 February 2013, 10:51:46 »
That's called an allegory, KBL... It's a fairly standard device for explaining concepts to people who otherwise have difficulty understanding them, as you appear to.

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #140 on: Sun, 03 February 2013, 10:58:18 »
Well I've dis-proven all your arguments and the writing is on the wall. So, it is what it is.

Offline Malphas

« Reply #141 on: Sun, 03 February 2013, 11:09:17 »
If by dis-proven you mean ignored, failed to address, changed subject, made baseless claims, and called me a troll, then yes I suppose you have.

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #142 on: Sun, 03 February 2013, 11:18:59 »
But I did none of things so...you're wrong.

Offline Malphas

« Reply #143 on: Sun, 03 February 2013, 11:34:43 »
If by dis-proven you mean ignored, failed to address, changed subject, made baseless claims, and called me a troll, then yes I suppose you have.

But I did none of things so...you're wrong.

YOU are a troll.

I could go ahead and pick out the examples of where you did everything else as well, but basically everyone besides yourself is already aware of them and presumably your reality-distortion field would still shield your brain from the facts. So I'll point out the most hilarious incriminating example of how you just blatantly lied to make my point.

Offline tufty

« Reply #144 on: Sun, 03 February 2013, 11:37:53 »
Sorry maam, I meant no disrespect.
Nor am I a "maam", and you owe me no respect.

I do have arguments, but I'll let you dig your hole a little deeper first.

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #145 on: Sun, 03 February 2013, 11:57:22 »
I could go ahead and pick out the examples of where you did everything else as well, but basically everyone besides yourself is already aware of them and presumably your reality-distortion field would still shield your brain from the facts. So I'll point out the most hilarious incriminating example of how you just blatantly lied to make my point.

Aww sorry you are correct. I did point out what you are: a troll. My bad, and I apologize for making one mistake. Because I always will admit to a mistake when someone calls me out on it.

Nor am I a "maam", and you owe me no respect.

I do have arguments, but I'll let you dig your hole a little deeper first.

Ok, sorry then gender-unknown squirrel. I haven't dug any hole though...my point has already been proven. If you have arguments then raise them.

Offline Malphas

« Reply #146 on: Sun, 03 February 2013, 11:59:29 »
Who exactly has your point been proven to, when basically everyone is arguing against you and no-one is buying your argument?

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #147 on: Sun, 03 February 2013, 12:01:17 »
Even on the first page of this thread you can see people backing me up. But they probably left because of all the trolling unfortunately. Although, the fact that you are now trying to argue I'm wrong because of some assumed "strength in numbers" completely backs up your "might makes right" view of society.

Whether anyone buys my argument or not is of no matter or consequence to me. Whether they can refute it is what counts, and no one has been able to effectively do so. Certainly not you, Malphas.

Offline Malphas

« Reply #148 on: Sun, 03 February 2013, 12:04:06 »
Why are you so bitter and angry anyway, KBL?

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #149 on: Sun, 03 February 2013, 12:06:39 »
Who said I'm bitter and angry? I'm actually a very happy and positive guy IRL. I just have strong opinions and no tolerance for legitimization of violence. Why are you making up and assuming incorrect things about my character?