Author Topic: Flat Cables?  (Read 1489 times)

Offline makaseo

Flat Cables?
« on: Wed, 06 February 2013, 04:42:19 »
Hey guys,

Anyone know where I can find flat (ribbon) cables? Specifically I'm looking for mini-USB 2.0, micro-USB 2.0, and micro-USB 3.0, at least 5 ft/1.5 m long, but any site that sells a bunch of flat cables would be awesome. I found a few micro-USB 2.0 scattered around online, but I'm having a hard time finding the other two in a decent length.

Thanks!

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
Re: Flat Cables?
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 06 February 2013, 06:31:57 »
A search for "flat usb cable" at Amazon returns many results...

Offline makaseo

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 06 February 2013, 07:10:18 »
Thanks for the reply; I searched Amazon again, can still only find micro-USB 2.0 in the right length. :< Everything else is 1m or shorter.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 06 February 2013, 12:26:23 »
Oh I didn't look for length.

Offline Lanx

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 06 February 2013, 12:51:42 »
link
just put 2m in the search

also if you want longer just keep on changing it to 3m then 4m

you did say micro usb, so cellphone search works, if you want to find usb 3, micro usb

i don't think they exist, either way, also look in the product, and there's box where it says "customers also viewed" it stands to reason that someone else probably searched for the same stuff, so just go clicking away if you can't find it.

Offline makaseo

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 06 February 2013, 15:17:50 »
Like I said, micro USB 2.0 wasn't hard to find; maybe I shouldn't have mentioned it at all. I still am having a hard time finding mini-USB and micro-USB 3.0. But if the latter doesn't exist, I guess there isn't much I can do.

Offline Lanx

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 06 February 2013, 15:35:55 »
as an option you can always get a micro to mini usb adapter, a few bucks, but if you've gone through all the recommended searches, you'll see usb 3, flat, there is none.

Offline makaseo

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 06 February 2013, 23:17:50 »
as an option you can always get a micro to mini usb adapter, a few bucks, but if you've gone through all the recommended searches, you'll see usb 3, flat, there is none.

I hadn't thought of that, that sounds like a nice idea.