Author Topic: Question, ~ And also Hello!  (Read 1432 times)

Offline crazyb

Question, ~ And also Hello!
« on: Sat, 09 February 2013, 11:31:47 »
I'm new to geekhack, community looks swell so I decided to take it for a ride.
http://geekhack.org/Smileys/solosmileys/tongue.gif
My question is, how does buying keycap sets work? do you find a buyer with a set and contact him/her and whatnot? cause that's what it seems like here.

Thanks, and I'll see you around.

Offline Turbo Slaab

Re: Question, ~ And also Hello!
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 09 February 2013, 11:34:01 »
You could do it that way, or you could get on board with a group buy. Also, check out the vendor section on the main page. Alot of the vendors there sell full sets.

Was there a specific set you were interested in?
Looking for CC's!

Offline crazyb

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 09 February 2013, 11:38:34 »
Just a set for my Coolmaster Quickfire Rapid, would of liked something with alot of colors, not just 1 single color for the whole keyboard, a bunch of colors.

Offline Turbo Slaab

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 09 February 2013, 11:44:01 »
Wasdkeyboards do custom sets if that's what your looking to do.
Looking for CC's!

Offline crazyb

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 09 February 2013, 11:48:31 »
They do, but they only have a layout for 104 US ANSI loadout keysets, and mines is 87 cherrymx, (since it's quickfire rapid)

and do they do custom for cherryMX?

Offline Turbo Slaab

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 09 February 2013, 11:55:25 »
They are cherry mx compatible. They only offer fullsize keyboard keys at the moment, however you don't necessarily have to use the number pad keys. If you want a completely custom look, this is currently the only way. Unless you find something already made. I would browse this site as much as possible to see if there is something that interests you. There are quite a few sets out there.
Looking for CC's!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 09 February 2013, 17:16:21 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

As Turbo said, lurk around the classifieds, have a look in the vendor forums.

ALso have a browse through the unicorn vomit thread to see some truly multicoloured sets.  Might give you some inspiration.  And if you see something you especially like, you can always ask the owner where they got it from.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ