Author Topic: Hi From australia  (Read 2126 times)

Offline Moomoo

Hi From australia
« on: Sun, 10 February 2013, 15:44:39 »
Hello People,

From Australia Queensland near the beach. I am 26 and I've had a plethora of mechanical keyboards. Being a full time student and a gamer I destroy my keyboards relatively fast. Last one I got a filco 104 layout got stolen by my gf.

But that's it hopefully I'll find someone who sells awesome custom keyboards.

Offline akuJIWA

• Lock 'N Load!
Re: Hi From australia
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 10 February 2013, 15:50:03 »
Welcome to Wallet hack, and your girlfriend stole your keyboard? Ouch
The Cheat - B/R/B ; Clear switch with 62g springs

quit

Offline Moomoo

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 10 February 2013, 15:57:26 »
Came home from university one day brought a brand new Filco MJ2 Mx Brown, had pink keycaps on it and said thanks for the new keyboard. I didn't say anything

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 10 February 2013, 16:08:33 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

At least your girlfriend is "interested" in your keyboard hobby.

How do you break them?  If there are any salvagable parts left you might sell the carcasses here.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Caaaarrrt

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 10 February 2013, 16:35:50 »
Welcome to GeekHack, fellow Queenslander! :)
Metal Grey LZ-GH - 62g Clears | White HHKB Pro2 |KBC Poker - Lubed Reds w/ Plate and Red Imsto case | Duck PokerCM QuickFire Rapid - Blues w/ red case

Offline Moomoo

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 10 February 2013, 16:36:04 »
to be honest I am not sure, I don't know if its because I type rough or just completely trash them during gaming. I have a bazillion stock keycaps, blackwidow ultimate (MX Brown) keycaps and switches and other things here and there. But what I really want and was speaking to WhiteFireDragon is either a Korean custom keyboard or Phantom Keyboard, something I can mod and customize as I go. I heard they were more resilient also.

Offline Caaaarrrt

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 10 February 2013, 16:39:18 »
Sherryton should be selling some KMACs soon, that might be the way to go? http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=39627.0
Metal Grey LZ-GH - 62g Clears | White HHKB Pro2 |KBC Poker - Lubed Reds w/ Plate and Red Imsto case | Duck PokerCM QuickFire Rapid - Blues w/ red case

Offline Moomoo

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 10 February 2013, 16:42:35 »
Do you think it's worth it? I have no idea how to assemble them either maybe I should get someone else to do it for me seeing its a 500+ dollar keyboard

Offline Caaaarrrt

« Reply #8 on: Sun, 10 February 2013, 16:57:40 »
Yeah I'm having that dilemma at the moment as well, I'm ordering an LZ-GH and I've said I'd build it myself. The soldering part isn't too difficult, I have added a plate to two pokers now which required desoldering and resoldering the whole board and didn't have any issues. However, this is quite an expensive keyboard, so I really don't want anything to go wrong when I'm putting it together. I think it should be fine though. But I wouldn't build a $500 keyboard as the first keyboard that I built, would want a bit of practice first.

Offline Moomoo

« Reply #9 on: Sun, 10 February 2013, 17:44:27 »
I think I am going to order one of these KMAC 2 I think they look so mad. I'll try to find someone to proxy it to me and assemble it.

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
  • After all, music soothes even the savage beast
Hi From australia
« Reply #10 on: Sun, 10 February 2013, 17:50:58 »
I think I am going to order one of these KMAC 2 I think they look so mad. I'll try to find someone to proxy it to me and assemble it.
Normally these types of sales have an option for soldering/assembly services. I'm not sure what sherry's plan is.
Too Soon™          LZ-GH       Full Metal Poker

Offline Moomoo

« Reply #11 on: Mon, 11 February 2013, 21:44:13 »
I wanted to put a WTB post but I can't I think I need 50 posts before I can post anything I just want something decent for a change

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #12 on: Mon, 11 February 2013, 23:15:29 »
Actually you need at least 60 posts.

Contribute!  And the time will soon pass ...
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ