Author Topic: Flip Noppoo Spacebar  (Read 3997 times)

Offline TrueOP

Flip Noppoo Spacebar
« on: Mon, 11 February 2013, 14:59:11 »
Hi all,

just tried flipping spacebar on my noppoo choc mini and doesn't seem to fit flipped around.  I reseated the stabilizers and everything but i don't wanna muscle it on my brand new keyboard and break something X_X.  I don't even know if i'll like it flipped but i want to try it out.

found this thread http://www.overclock.net/t/1148957/noppoo-choc-mini-initial-impressions#post_15410617

... where HWI says to remove the stabilizer inserts but i can't sort out what he means by that.  The tabs on the underside of the keycap look like they are molded into there.  err?

So, has anyone done this before?

Black Noppoo with Cherry Reds, newer version with white lettering on the keys.  My 1st mechanical kb :3
Noppoo Choc Mini

Offline inteli722

• Waiting for too much stuff...
Re: Flip Noppoo Spacebar
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 11 February 2013, 15:12:45 »
If the middle stem or anything else is off-center, then it definitely won't fit. Otherwise, I don't see why it wouldn't.

If someone could provide a picture of the stem layout, then that would be greatly appreciated.
More

Visit the Typing Test and try!
R.I.P. SmallFry! You will be dearly missed.
Leopold FC200 |  CoolerMaster QFP Browns | Quickfire Rapid Greens | Quickfire Rapid Blues
Waiting for: Phantom Plate

Offline TrueOP

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 11 February 2013, 16:52:07 »
If the middle stem or anything else is off-center, then it definitely won't fit. Otherwise, I don't see why it wouldn't.

If someone could provide a picture of the stem layout, then that would be greatly appreciated.

The middle notches for the stabilizer under the keycap are slightly off center from the switch and they sit slightly further back on the key.
Noppoo Choc Mini

Offline TrueOP

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 12 February 2013, 11:53:22 »
13377-0

This is what it is...  Notch on keycap is about 1/8" off center so I guess only supposed to fit one way.  Maybe have to flip the stabilizer on the board?  could that be done?
Noppoo Choc Mini

Offline inteli722

• Waiting for too much stuff...
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 12 February 2013, 11:54:34 »
if Anything's off center, that explains why.
More

Visit the Typing Test and try!
R.I.P. SmallFry! You will be dearly missed.
Leopold FC200 |  CoolerMaster QFP Browns | Quickfire Rapid Greens | Quickfire Rapid Blues
Waiting for: Phantom Plate

Offline TrueOP

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 12 July 2013, 12:32:28 »
update!

so flipped spacebar everything working out just fine.

Had to flip around those stabilizer inserts on underside of spacebar keycap.  They really are in there good... so i used a flathead screwdriver to pry em out with slow even force.  Even though its very much off-center on the spacebar, everything fits fine after flipping it around, and the key itself is centered on the board  (even though it looks like its trying to jump off xD 

So far i like it and will stick with it a few weeks before i decide.

Noppoo Choc Mini