Author Topic: Greetings from Hong Kong  (Read 1697 times)

Offline Plater

Greetings from Hong Kong
« on: Wed, 13 February 2013, 22:31:45 »
Hello All, New to this forum and also the mechanical keyboards world. Still got a lot to learn in terms of customization. Got my Ducky 9008S keyboard with blue switches a few months ago and I seriously cannot go back to regular keyboards, especially at work! Leading to my quest now to find the best compact mechanical keyboard. Please feel free to comment on which one is the best! I'm thinking of a 60% keyboard with USB HUB + Mic/Speaker plugs built into the keyboard. I know HHKBPro2 has the USB Hub, but I'm still a little iffy with the layout of the keyboard as well as the Topre switches.

Here is my setup so far.

Nice meeting you all!
« Last Edit: Wed, 13 February 2013, 23:32:06 by Plater »

Offline inteli722

• Waiting for too much stuff...
Re: Greetings from Hong Kong
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 14 February 2013, 20:36:45 »
Welcome to GeekHack! Lots of friendly people here who will help you on your way to simply mailing your wallet to GeekHack HQ and having them use your money to buy you stuff.

Best 60% board at the moment is the GH60 (still in preproduction --  you came at the right time), though it doesn't have a USB Passthrough/hub or 2 1/8" jacks on it (come to think of it, I only think the HHKB has a USB hub and no 60%er has a Audio Passthrough...waiting for someone to make a keyboard with a USB soundcard in it... :) )
More

Visit the Typing Test and try!
R.I.P. SmallFry! You will be dearly missed.
Leopold FC200 |  CoolerMaster QFP Browns | Quickfire Rapid Greens | Quickfire Rapid Blues
Waiting for: Phantom Plate

Offline Plater

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 15 February 2013, 00:24:04 »
Thanks for the warm welcome! I love the idea of mailing GH my wallet and have you guys sort out everything for me. :D

And as for GH60, are there anymore information on this type of keyboard? I mean I went to the thread on the gh60 prototype, but where can I find more information about the function keys and what-not. Also, where can I order this thing?!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 15 February 2013, 22:51:52 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Nice ducky, remind me of mine, except with different LEDs :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline inteli722

• Waiting for too much stuff...
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 15 February 2013, 22:58:38 »
Thanks for the warm welcome! I love the idea of mailing GH my wallet and have you guys sort out everything for me. :D

And as for GH60, are there anymore information on this type of keyboard? I mean I went to the thread on the gh60 prototype, but where can I find more information about the function keys and what-not. Also, where can I order this thing?!

Simply wait for the Group Buy. I would expect it in the summer.

the GH60's function keys can do anything you'd like it to. Heck, you could have every single key say "GeekHack" whenever you pressed it...so if you want function keys that have a media control layer, then you just program it to do so. Function layer key can be anywhere (It could even be the "e" key).
More

Visit the Typing Test and try!
R.I.P. SmallFry! You will be dearly missed.
Leopold FC200 |  CoolerMaster QFP Browns | Quickfire Rapid Greens | Quickfire Rapid Blues
Waiting for: Phantom Plate