Author Topic: Deathadder vs sensei  (Read 11430 times)

Offline poisened_blueberry

Deathadder vs sensei
« on: Sat, 16 February 2013, 17:41:03 »
So my old deathadder's left clicking is pretty ****ed up , doesn't register sometimes, have to press really hard so i'm considering to get a new mouse.
I'm considering to just get another deathadder, but i'm open to something new, sensei has had great reviews, but it's a bit expensive, some advice?
edit: I'm also considering to get a new mouse pad, but i'm not as researched on that as i am on gaming mice/keyboards, would be nice to get some advice on that too :)
« Last Edit: Sat, 16 February 2013, 17:49:16 by poisened_blueberry »

Offline Strelok

Re: Deathadder vs sensei
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 16 February 2013, 17:43:42 »
I loved my Deathadder. It got finnicky sometime, but it always stopped being ****ty after a little bit.

I sold it when I sold my rig.

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 17 February 2013, 04:15:04 »
If you don't mind the ambidextrous shape and the laser sensor the Sensei is great, although if you play precision FPS at low sens I'd stick with the DA. If you do get the Sensei you should consider getting a hard pad, preferably all black, as that should make the hardware accel barely noticeable. Not sure about the new DA as I don't have one yet, but I'm not a fan of Synapse so I'm a bit wary of recommending it, but the mouse itself has been well received.

Personally I prefer the Sensei, for me the shape is slightly better, it looks damn good, the software is decent and my current playstyle allows me to use laser.
If you want precision, particularly for low sens playing, get the DA.

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 17 February 2013, 04:21:08 »
If you looking for another da you can't go wrong with the da black

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 17 February 2013, 05:32:40 »
If you don't mind the ambidextrous shape and the laser sensor the Sensei is great, although if you play precision FPS at low sens I'd stick with the DA. If you do get the Sensei you should consider getting a hard pad, preferably all black, as that should make the hardware accel barely noticeable. Not sure about the new DA as I don't have one yet, but I'm not a fan of Synapse so I'm a bit wary of recommending it, but the mouse itself has been well received.

Personally I prefer the Sensei, for me the shape is slightly better, it looks damn good, the software is decent and my current playstyle allows me to use laser.

I actually play sc2, i  try to be as accurate as possible while having the highest sensitivity i can, i.e. i want to be able to click mineral patches, units, everytime, w/o failing, don't really know which would suit me better, the sensei or the deathadder.
« Last Edit: Sun, 17 February 2013, 06:03:16 by poisened_blueberry »

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 17 February 2013, 07:06:30 »

I actually play sc2, i  try to be as accurate as possible while having the highest sensitivity i can, i.e. i want to be able to click mineral patches, units, everytime, w/o failing, don't really know which would suit me better, the sensei or the deathadder.
For SC2 you should be just fine with the Sensei, at least if you like high sensitivity. You only need the flawless sensor in the DA if you play games like Quake and Counter-Strike GO* at low sensitivity(and very low sensitivity gaming in general)
, although most as that's where the hardware accel is most troublesome(unless you actually play with slight accel, then it ceases to be an issue) and that's when you need to move the mouse at speeds that might cause the sensor to skip.
The deciding factor for most people, including you from what I've read, shouldn't be the sensor. For your needs it seems you need to decide which shape is better, and possibly also which software you'd be more comfortable using and which one you think looks better if that's something you care about.

*1.6, at least in my experience, doesn't allow for sens lower than 1, so unless you play at something like 200dpi then I doubt you'll experience skipping in 1.6. Source has fudged hitboxes that render any accuracy gained from a better sensor fairly moot.

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 17 February 2013, 15:47:45 »
Alright, thanks for all the help man, i think i'm just gonna go to the store, try them both and see which i like better.
One last thing i'd like help on :) what mousepad do you reccomend for the deathadder/sensei?

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 17 February 2013, 16:05:58 »
Alright, thanks for all the help man, i think i'm just gonna go to the store, try them both and see which i like better.
One last thing i'd like help on :) what mousepad do you reccomend for the deathadder/sensei?
Like I said; the Sensei has a laser sensor, and as far as I know most laser sensors, apart from PTE ones, work best on hard pads, preferably with a uniform dark colour. Not a very big deal, though. I suggest you get what gives you the glide you want. Both mice will work just fine on most gaming pads, so it comes down to personal preference again.

Offline kboardvintage

« Reply #8 on: Sun, 17 February 2013, 16:46:06 »
G400>>>>> REST

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #9 on: Sun, 17 February 2013, 16:50:20 »
G400>>>>> REST
Personal preference, the sensor in the DA is just as good as the one in the G400, better than the first runs actually as the earlier models had prediction.
Also, not everyone likes that shape, some prefer a more basic right-handed shape like the DA or a simple ambidextrous like the Sensei, provided that they even want palm grip to begin with.

Please don't state opinion as fact.

Offline kboardvintage

« Reply #10 on: Sun, 17 February 2013, 16:55:14 »
G400>>>>> REST
Personal preference, the sensor in the DA is just as good as the one in the G400, better than the first runs actually as the earlier models had prediction.
Also, not everyone likes that shape, some prefer a more basic right-handed shape like the DA or a simple ambidextrous like the Sensei, provided that they even want palm grip to begin with.

Please don't state opinion as fact.

Fact is that if you upgrade from a MX5xx shape the best you can get is the g400 over g500 and other laser mices.

And my statement can be consider an opinion. Not forcing anyone to get a g400, just stating that price/performance it is unbeatable.

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #11 on: Sun, 17 February 2013, 17:03:30 »
If you want your statement to be considered an opinion rather than you trying to present it as a fact you should provide reasoning behind it.
And yes, I agree that the G400 is a sure choice if you like the shape and want a new mouse, there is pretty much no reason to get the G500 over the G400, but the OP had already set his sights on other mice. Now, he never said he didn't want to consider any other mice, but when you come with a suggestion outside of what he's set his sights on then you should also explain why he should consider your suggestion over what he's already considering.

« Reply #12 on: Mon, 18 February 2013, 01:57:09 »
I'm open to any other suggestions, I'll test the g400 in the shop.
« Last Edit: Mon, 18 February 2013, 01:58:59 by poisened_blueberry »

Offline swagpiratex

« Reply #13 on: Tue, 19 February 2013, 14:41:29 »
Personally they're all intellimouse clones, so I see no value add in getting the Sensei over the Deathadder.

That being said, when I was deliberating between these two myself, fellow GeekHackers endorsed the Sensei Raw.

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 19 February 2013, 15:56:04 »
Personally they're all intellimouse clones, so I see no value add in getting the Sensei over the Deathadder.

That being said, when I was deliberating between these two myself, fellow GeekHackers endorsed the Sensei Raw.
Sensei is ambidextrous, DA isn't. Neither shape is "better", but some prefer one over the other. Personally I prefer the Sensei; I like the shape more, it looks better(than the old DA, not seen the 2013 in person yet), has better software and it feels better overall.
The DA does have a flawless sensor while the Sensei doesn't, but most of the time that's not an issue to me.

Offline terran5992

• One With The Cup Rubber
« Reply #15 on: Mon, 25 February 2013, 06:10:23 »
ill go with deathadder

Listokei Custom  |  HHKB Pro 2  |  Topre Realforce 103UBH  |  Armageddon MKA-3

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #16 on: Mon, 25 February 2013, 10:25:07 »
ill go with deathadder
i'd vote for this as well
i myself use the Deathadder Black Edition for majority of my gaming.  For MMOs i'll use my Naga Epic just because im lazy and like ezmode buttons lol.

and the DA has one of the best flawless sensors on it, no acceleration
« Last Edit: Mon, 25 February 2013, 10:27:31 by projectD »

Offline swagpiratex

« Reply #17 on: Mon, 25 February 2013, 14:03:28 »
Sensei is ambidextrous, DA isn't. Neither shape is "better", but some prefer one over the other. Personally I prefer the Sensei; I like the shape more, it looks better(than the old DA, not seen the 2013 in person yet), has better software and it feels better overall.
The DA does have a flawless sensor while the Sensei doesn't, but most of the time that's not an issue to me.

Good point to consider if the user is left-handed. All your other points are subjective, which is user dependent.

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #18 on: Mon, 25 February 2013, 15:37:33 »

Good point to consider if the user is left-handed. All your other points are subjective, which is user dependent.
Hence why I prefixed it all with "peronally".
And handedness doesn't really matter as the DA comes in left-handed shape as well, but even then some will prefer ambidextrous shapes over "handed" mice.

Offline cannedlemons

« Reply #19 on: Sat, 02 March 2013, 16:07:09 »
I own both the DA and the sensei and even though I currently use the DA, I feel that I like the sensei more. I just use the DA more since it is slowly dying and want to use it to its full potential.... but overall both are quite comfortable. I personally enjoy the sensei more but I think the new DA should be a very good choice if you like the ergonomic look.

Offline PointyFox

« Reply #20 on: Sat, 02 March 2013, 16:16:04 »
Try opening it up and cleaning the fuzz under the button and on the switch.  I have to do that every few years with my mice or it interferes with clicking.

Offline Atakp

Deathadder vs sensei
« Reply #21 on: Sat, 02 March 2013, 16:37:15 »
I have and used both a DA black edition and a sensei fnatic edition. I didn't like the DA's lift off distance and didn't want to play with the tape trick, and I also really hated synapse.

Switched to the sensei and liked it for the most part until I found zowie and haven't looked back since...as long as one of zowies three sensitivity settings is close to your standard preference that is