Author Topic: Cheapest way to get beige Cherry Keycaps  (Read 3655 times)

Offline Luke

• My Technology Blog
Cheapest way to get beige Cherry Keycaps
« on: Sat, 02 March 2013, 10:57:37 »
Hey Guys,

I was just wondering what the cheapest way of getting my hands on some of these keycaps, or if someone is interested in selling some to me.

I know a lot of people harvest these off old Cherry G80 boards but looking on eBay today they are quite hard to get a hold of :/ Any help appreciated :)

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
Re: Cheapest way to get beige Cherry Keycaps
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 02 March 2013, 11:03:27 »

Offline N8N

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 02 March 2013, 11:31:48 »
do you want lasered or doubleshot?

I actually have a couple sets of doubleshots that I was going to post up, and probably have at least one moogle kit of each color (white or black) let me know if you are interested.  Just haven't gotten around to digging them out yet.
Filco Majestouch-2 with Cherry Corp. doubleshot keys - Leopold Tenkeyless Tactile Force with Wyse doubleshots - Silicon Graphics 9500900 - WASD V1 - IBM Model M 52G9658 - Noppoo Choc Pro with Cherry lasered PBT keycaps - Wyse 900866-01 - Cherry G80-8200LPBUS/07 - Dell AT101W - several Cherry G81s (future doubleshot donors) (order of current preference) (dang I have too many keyboards, I really only need two)

Offline Luke

• My Technology Blog
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 02 March 2013, 11:40:22 »
Here you go...

Cheers but is that a reasonable price? :)

do you want lasered or doubleshot?

I actually have a couple sets of doubleshots that I was going to post up, and probably have at least one moogle kit of each color (white or black) let me know if you are interested.  Just haven't gotten around to digging them out yet.

Cool and how much would you want for a doubleshot set with a moogle kit as well? I'm in the UK though :/

Offline N8N

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 02 March 2013, 11:48:55 »
hmm, yeah, missed that.  PM me a post code and I'll see if it's reasonable or not.
Filco Majestouch-2 with Cherry Corp. doubleshot keys - Leopold Tenkeyless Tactile Force with Wyse doubleshots - Silicon Graphics 9500900 - WASD V1 - IBM Model M 52G9658 - Noppoo Choc Pro with Cherry lasered PBT keycaps - Wyse 900866-01 - Cherry G80-8200LPBUS/07 - Dell AT101W - several Cherry G81s (future doubleshot donors) (order of current preference) (dang I have too many keyboards, I really only need two)

Offline Luke

• My Technology Blog
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 02 March 2013, 12:03:33 »
hmm, yeah, missed that.  PM me a post code and I'll see if it's reasonable or not.

PM sent ;)

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 02 March 2013, 12:08:14 »
I think that link I posted is a fair price for a set in that good of shape. I have seen much worse condition sets go for much more recently.

Offline Luke

• My Technology Blog
« Reply #7 on: Sat, 02 March 2013, 12:35:57 »
Ah ok cheers, I'll see what N8N can offer and see what the postage is, but if it's too high I've got that to fall back on :D

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 02 March 2013, 12:52:54 »
if anyone knows where I can get the newer style profile '0' and 'del .' keys for my 10key that would be awesome, having the older cherry profile looks kinda odd