Author Topic: Hello everyone~  (Read 1870 times)

Offline cannedlemons

Hello everyone~
« on: Sat, 02 March 2013, 15:35:38 »
Hi!! :D

I have been a lurker on this site for a pretty long time and decided to finally open an account for personal use and other things. How I got into keyboards is kind of silly, I followed a lot of streams for gamers on TwitchTV and i was always curious as to why their keyboards made such noise. I looked into their gaming peripherals got introduced to the world of mechanical keyboards. That triggered the collector inside of me and I started buying a few and "collecting" them. I sadly a student so I have only got "budget" keyboards and dream/aspire to get a backlight cherry mx blues or brown keyboard. I currently seem to be collecting ALPs like keyboards as a mech collection for myself. I have gotten an AZIO clicker keyboards, a Ducky green alps and an old Dell AT101 black alps keyboard. Additionally I also was able to obtain one of the cheery red/black clone keyboards and I learnt that those don't seem to suit me as my fingers got quite tired from just typing on it for 30 mins compared to my other keyboards. I shall stop with the babbling as I am still a noob to the keyboard world but nice to meet you all and I look forward to discussing about keyboards and other misc. things with you guys!

Nice to meet you all!! :)

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
Re: Hello everyone~
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 03 March 2013, 18:51:56 »
Welcome aboard and nice to meet you, too!  :)
Att fly är livet, att dröja, döden.
Din Eli

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 03 March 2013, 19:04:05 »

I have been a lurker on this site for a pretty long time and decided to finally open an account for personal use and other things. How I got into keyboards is kind of silly, I followed a lot of streams for gamers on TwitchTV and i was always curious as to why their keyboards made such noise. I looked into their gaming peripherals got introduced to the world of mechanical keyboards. That triggered the collector inside of me and I started buying a few and "collecting" them. I sadly a student so I have only got "budget" keyboards and dream/aspire to get a backlight cherry mx blues or brown keyboard. I currently seem to be collecting ALPs like keyboards as a mech collection for myself. I have gotten an AZIO clicker keyboards, a Ducky green alps and an old Dell AT101 black alps keyboard. Additionally I also was able to obtain one of the cheery red/black clone keyboards and I learnt that those don't seem to suit me as my fingers got quite tired from just typing on it for 30 mins compared to my other keyboards. I shall stop with the babbling as I am still a noob to the keyboard world but nice to meet you all and I look forward to discussing about keyboards and other misc. things with you guys!

Hey, that's how I got into mech boards as well! Through Twitch streams and playing video games. Are you a SC2 fan? I feel like those are the streams that showcase mech boards the most (unintentionally) lol.

Offline dimamantra

• | (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 03 March 2013, 19:48:28 »
Gaming is how I got into mech boards as well. I spend a lot of time on /r/mechanicalkeyboards dreaming about boards and deciding how I am going to damage my wallet further.

Offline cannedlemons

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 03 March 2013, 21:44:35 »
I am not an SC2 fan but it is on near my top of the list for to play games since my siblings are really into that game. I actually got into mech keyboards watching league of legends games since I always watched their setups before starting the game as well as their streams. One of the streamers that I follow had a camera of just his keyboard and mouse which is what got me really interested which lead me into this world of keyboards XD.

Hey, that's how I got into mech boards as well! Through Twitch streams and playing video games. Are you a SC2 fan? I feel like those are the streams that showcase mech boards the most (unintentionally) lol.

Offline cannedlemons

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 03 March 2013, 21:50:56 »
I spent a lot of time browsing sites too wondering how many hours of work is required to get my dream keyboard.. I think my family is starting to think I am crazy with all the keyboards I have accumulated in such a short time  :))

Gaming is how I got into mech boards as well. I spend a lot of time on /r/mechanicalkeyboards dreaming about boards and deciding how I am going to damage my wallet further.

Offline dimamantra

• | (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 03 March 2013, 22:05:18 »
I spent a lot of time browsing sites too wondering how many hours of work is required to get my dream keyboard.. I think my family is starting to think I am crazy with all the keyboards I have accumulated in such a short time  :))

I get those questions too, and you cannot use the excuse of buying a replacement since mech-keyboards never break  ;D

Offline cannedlemons

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 05 March 2013, 17:48:16 »
I just try to avoid the questions :P. When I explained it to my sister she said my obsession with these things are beyond her and think I collect the strangest things  ^-^

I get those questions too, and you cannot use the excuse of buying a replacement since mech-keyboards never break  ;D