Author Topic: New to the world of mechanical keyboards!  (Read 1119 times)

Offline ping111

New to the world of mechanical keyboards!
« on: Tue, 05 March 2013, 21:29:49 »
Greetings!
As you can tell, I'm ping111.  I'm not one for the long bios describing my personality, as you'll come to find that in time, but I'm new to the wonderful world of mechanical keyboards.  I am on a Mac, so my choices are somewhat limited, but I'm currently eyeing a Cherry Brown MX Blue Backlit Ducky 9008.  Or, failing that, I'm more than content to rest my wrists on the memory foam bar that comes with the Max Keyboard Nighthawk X8, also Brown and Blue Backlit. Also, I am an avid brony and KSP player, under the same name.  Haters gonna hate.

I hope to get to know you all more in the future!

Cheers!
~ping111
« Last Edit: Tue, 05 March 2013, 21:53:24 by ping111 »
In My Possession:
Max Keyboard Nighthawk X8 Mechanical Keyboard - Cherry MX Brown - Blue LED Backlighting
Wanted:
KBTalking PURE - Tenkeyless - Cherry MX Brown - Green LED Backlighting

Offline dimamantra

• | (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
Re: New to the world of mechanical keyboards!
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 05 March 2013, 22:41:04 »
Yay more people who like mech keyboards!!

Welcome friend! You are in good company!

Offline aggiejy

• ** Moderator Emeritus
Re: New to the world of mechanical keyboards!
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 06 March 2013, 01:30:10 »
Welcome to the forums!

Just so you know, your options aren't very limited because you're on a Mac!  I'm on a Mac and I can say that pretty much every board we talk about here works fine on a Mac, as far as I know.  Though some may not claim support, there's very little that are inherently incompatible.  And with tools like this, there's little you can't tweak on a Mac.

Personally I'm not a big fan of backlit boards, but sounds like you have a pretty good grasp on what's out.  If you're willing to to look past backlit boards, take a look at the Cooler Master Quickfire boards... they are probably the best cherry mx boards for the money right now. :)