Author Topic: GMK/Cherry doubleshot modifer packs (Complete)  (Read 289256 times)

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
Re: GMK/Cherry doubleshot modifer packs (orders close 20 April)
« Reply #500 on: Sat, 13 April 2013, 08:54:31 »
If there are a lot of people that are willing to pay more for a set, then really what would happen is you would be ordering more sets since the same quantities would be made anyway if it cost the exact same money.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
GMK/Cherry doubleshot modifer packs (orders close 20 April)
« Reply #501 on: Sat, 13 April 2013, 09:01:14 »
Right. I'm sure you see what I did. I just multiplied your posted price by the MOQ, then divided that amount by the number of sets in each "tier." Then you just collect the money at the tier prices, and order the MOQ.

What you do with any spare sets is of no consequence, to me, anyway. :D
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #502 on: Sat, 13 April 2013, 09:29:36 »
LOL! So does this double, or triple our sets?  :))

Yes, I'm not good at maths.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #503 on: Sat, 13 April 2013, 09:31:45 »

Neither. I mean, if 200/300 sets are paid at the "tier" prices, and Ivan orders the 300 MOQ, how do you split 100 sets between 200 people?
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #504 on: Sat, 13 April 2013, 09:37:00 »

Neither. I mean, if 200/300 sets are paid at the "tier" prices, and Ivan orders the 300 MOQ, how do you split 100 sets between 200 people?

And there is proof positive that I suck at math.  :p

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #505 on: Sat, 13 April 2013, 09:42:04 »
Maybe they can be sold, then divide the money by 200 and partial refunds? Or roll the money from selling into trying to hit the tier on the next order? Or possibly make a raffle for the 100 sets either free automatic entry for the  200 in the group buy, or open it up to more people and sell additional tickets to those not in the group buy.
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #506 on: Sat, 13 April 2013, 10:08:19 »
I would prefer that people that can afford it would simply order more sets as it will be less confusing.
Alternately, if some people wanted to get together and buy surplus for resale, and work as some sort of keycap cartel since no current vendors seem interested that could work.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #507 on: Sat, 13 April 2013, 11:02:38 »
I would be out at that pricing.  That's why I'm not ordering doubles and triples, either.

This is just saying, I'm not trying to be a horse's ass.

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #508 on: Sat, 13 April 2013, 11:22:53 »
Ok lets say some us double and triple the orders in order to reach the MOQ.

so far this is how it looks for the person that want to help out:

- Purple to reach MOQ: double = $82.00
- CMYK to reach MOQ: triple    = $99.00
- Esc pack:                  double = $16

Shipping:                               = $15-$20

Total                                      = $212-$217

I'm giving you this as an after thought because I doubt every single one that is on this GB will pitch in to help all the sets reach MOQ, it just wont happen. So I made this rough estimate if 30% of the people are willing to help. I know I wont spend that much money for keycaps, its plain crazy.... Cant get even $100 back if you descided to sell the rest and keep 1 set of each for your self, we know how classifieds are, you post and people wait with months until you start dropping the price on what you posted and then they start showing interest cause its dirt cheap.

From my behalf I cant justify GB that will rip me off in order to benefit others in future GMK GB, and where were those others when we needed them the most to help us establish fine line with GMK??? *uck em, lets see how things turn out with number of orders and final prices, who can afford buy it and those who can't don't blame them they have much better things to spend their money on, food,rent,mortgages.....

I honestly refuse paying tons in order to reach MOQ and then have the remaining sets in the classifieds for the leechers who wait to grab a purple set for $15!!!!!!!!!!!!!! once again *uck em!!!!!!!!

Quote from: IvanIvanovich on Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:02:50

When you bottom out dong cap... is it going balls deep?

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #509 on: Sat, 13 April 2013, 11:28:56 »
It's not really relevant, since that was only theoretical tiers if there were and there is not. I'm not even going there. Like I said, if those that can afford it and want to buy more sets that is fantastic but I hardly expect it. Either we will reach MOQ and everything is well, magically GMK decided to make us XXX quantity at the same price, or it fails.

Offline gojira54

« Reply #510 on: Sat, 13 April 2013, 11:32:45 »
Thanks for all your effort on this GB and if it means buying stuff I dont need tbh I will if push comes to shove... :)

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #511 on: Sat, 13 April 2013, 12:04:12 »
It's not really relevant, since that was only theoretical tiers if there were and there is not. I'm not even going there. Like I said, if those that can afford it and want to buy more sets that is fantastic but I hardly expect it. Either we will reach MOQ and everything is well, magically GMK decided to make us XXX quantity at the same price, or it fails.
You know whats the problem Lysol? Problem is GMK does not even have slight understanding of how much money can the community bring in their pockets, so what they do right now they play it safe but don't understand that they are about to kill a steady cash flow....

Tou know what they need to do so they understand, they need to have a talk with SP and ask them from where do they make more steady money, is it from companies they order keycaps for their keyboards, is it from Vendors that they resell them later on around the forums? or is is from constant one after another GB, or better yet let them ask Imsto Imsto where the real money comes from, is it from his store or is it from the GB....

What GMK don't understands is that even if they get huge MOQ for a full set  trough a company lets say 500 sets for 500 keyboards, its where it all ends with that company. The company don't give a damn if their employees are typing on a shiny keycaps, that's all the business they will have with that company, 1 time high MOQ and its over....

They also cant even have as many sales with Vendors either, Sherry will order full sets of 300 once every what, 2 years perhaps?

What they really fail to understand is that the real money lays amongst the community and dealing direct with us. Show them links of GB of SP full sets, they all start with descent prices at MOQ of 15, but they end up at 250-350 sets at the end.

All I know if there is no friendly establishment between the community and the GMK is not community fault, every relationship has its ups and downs, its a give and take thing that goes both ways.

Offline cobraj

« Reply #512 on: Sat, 13 April 2013, 16:13:34 »
Hmm, would Techkeys or anyone similar be interested in stocking these?

Offline Alessandro

• * Vendor
  • The Price Is Right
    • Alessandro's Sweet Shop
« Reply #513 on: Sat, 13 April 2013, 17:57:24 »
You know whats the problem Lysol? Problem is GMK does not even have slight understanding of how much money can the community bring in their pockets, so what they do right now they play it safe but don't understand that they are about to kill a steady cash flow....

Tou know what they need to do so they understand, they need to have a talk with SP and ask them from where do they make more steady money, is it from companies they order keycaps for their keyboards, is it from Vendors that they resell them later on around the forums? or is is from constant one after another GB, or better yet let them ask Imsto Imsto where the real money comes from, is it from his store or is it from the GB....

What GMK don't understands is that even if they get huge MOQ for a full set  trough a company lets say 500 sets for 500 keyboards, its where it all ends with that company. The company don't give a damn if their employees are typing on a shiny keycaps, that's all the business they will have with that company, 1 time high MOQ and its over....

They also cant even have as many sales with Vendors either, Sherry will order full sets of 300 once every what, 2 years perhaps?

What they really fail to understand is that the real money lays amongst the community and dealing direct with us. Show them links of GB of SP full sets, they all start with descent prices at MOQ of 15, but they end up at 250-350 sets at the end.

All I know if there is no friendly establishment between the community and the GMK is not community fault, every relationship has its ups and downs, its a give and take thing that goes both ways.

That. It's a great suggestion and well worth a try I'd say.
KBC Poker | MX Reds | Beige Doubleshots
Goldtouch 10Key Pad | MX Browns | Beige Doubleshots
IBM Model M-122 Terminal (Bolt modded) | Buckling Springs | Beige Dyesubs

Alessandro's Sweet Shop- "I never said they were art."

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #514 on: Sat, 13 April 2013, 18:35:35 »
Just look at the final numbers of the Toxic set

25 Sets $93.19 / set 
50 sets  $72.59 / 
75 sets  $65.73 / set set 
100 sets  $62.30 / set 
150 sets  $58.87 / set 
200 sets  $57.15 / set 
250 sets  $56.12 / set <--- (370!!!)

370........................... This is what GMK can have with us every few months. Possibilities for them to make money and possibilities for us to have quality stuff for fair price. Imagine a relation where community votes on sets every 2 moths and keep GKM busy.

Possibilities are endless for both, they have steady business we have choices of keycap colors with Gmk quality, dolch,skidata,handerbeit and bunch of other color options.....

Offline calavera

« Reply #515 on: Sat, 13 April 2013, 18:48:01 »
I would be down for purple on white alphas for the purple modifier set to make it a complete set. That would sell like hot cakes.

Offline duq

• Connoisseur
« Reply #516 on: Sat, 13 April 2013, 19:03:43 »
+1 dat purp

Offline cobraj

« Reply #517 on: Sat, 13 April 2013, 19:26:33 »
Just look at the final numbers of the Toxic set

25 Sets $93.19 / set 
50 sets  $72.59 / 
75 sets  $65.73 / set set 
100 sets  $62.30 / set 
150 sets  $58.87 / set 
200 sets  $57.15 / set 
250 sets  $56.12 / set <--- (370!!!)

370........................... This is what GMK can have with us every few months. Possibilities for them to make money and possibilities for us to have quality stuff for fair price. Imagine a relation where community votes on sets every 2 moths and keep GKM busy.

Possibilities are endless for both, they have steady business we have choices of keycap colors with Gmk quality, dolch,skidata,handerbeit and bunch of other color options.....

That wouldn't actually be a bad idea at all.
If we only ever had 1-2 Group Buys going at once.
Then everyone could buy them instead of people having to choose.
But for the people who only want one set, they might have to wait a few months for it to happen haha :P

Offline sdiearly

« Reply #518 on: Sat, 13 April 2013, 21:19:35 »
I'd placed my order, Thanks.
Dat purple sample is very beautiful.
My favorite 60%:  TEX-Beetle
                 80%:  KBtalKing Race
                100%: Cherry G80-3494, Zowie Celeritas

Offline cobraj

« Reply #519 on: Sat, 13 April 2013, 22:05:21 »
I'd placed my order, Thanks.
Dat purple sample is very beautiful.

Just need to get quite a few more orders now haha

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #520 on: Sat, 13 April 2013, 23:25:48 »
I've been considering that if it would help reach moq and was needed to do so I could double up my order, but was hesitant to do so because I didn't want to commit. But then I realized that if we don't reach moq there's no harm, so I'm considering it.

Quick question though: if we exceed moq can I throttle my order back to a single set instead of double?

Offline shawn o

« Reply #521 on: Sun, 14 April 2013, 00:02:26 »
The only problem with this group buy is the colors are horrible.

Offline limmy

« Reply #522 on: Sun, 14 April 2013, 00:06:56 »
CMYK set will look awesome with black caps. CMY caps will shine among black caps!!

Offline cobraj

« Reply #523 on: Sun, 14 April 2013, 00:22:59 »
The only problem with this group buy is the colors are horrible.

Bro, those Purple Modifiers are just amazing.
So much better IRL.

Offline Broadmonkey

« Reply #524 on: Sun, 14 April 2013, 03:09:08 »

That. It's a great suggestion and well worth a try I'd say.

I have a hard time imagining SP wanting to share such information with a company like GMK, a company that can potentially steal a large portion of a returning costumer base.
I bet that is partly why SP has started to do Doubleshot PBT and doubleshot with clear plastics, they know they have to step up their game in case both GMK and the community ever realize how stupid their relationship with each other is.

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #525 on: Sun, 14 April 2013, 03:41:33 »
I bet that is partly why SP has started to do Doubleshot PBT...

Wait, this is news to me. This requires completely different tooling.

Offline Broadmonkey

« Reply #526 on: Sun, 14 April 2013, 04:20:30 »
Yes, SP has really stepped up their game, but I don't think they are willing to sell full sets yet.

I wouldn't be surprised if they invested a lot more in DS PBT, ever since they got wind of GMK. There is of course a lot of factors in play, but if I were SP I wouldn't let GMK take my costumers without a fight.
SP is really starting to get some stiff competition, more so from Asia (dye sub PBT), so DS PBT is a wise move.

Offline cgbuen

• cgbuen.io
« Reply #527 on: Sun, 14 April 2013, 05:07:47 »
Sadly, I personally don't think that the hobbyist community is even near the biggest part of either companies' consumer base.. evidence can be found in the types of keys found in SP crap bags, and in the kinds of keyboards found in retail stores and company equipment rooms. GMK's MOQ is probably like that for their comfort; the fact that SP's isn't is probably the result of responding well and being able to adapt over time.

Offline leesofi

• super lurking
« Reply #528 on: Sun, 14 April 2013, 06:00:25 »
updated my order with passangers

Bro Caps AI:MKII prototype Alu BroBot V2 MX
Clack Factory ICE Test-Sample #J11TG-s5A

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #529 on: Sun, 14 April 2013, 08:41:22 »
Sure if we exceed moq and you have a need to scale back order, as long as we didn't fall under again I don't see that as being a problem.

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #530 on: Sun, 14 April 2013, 12:06:23 »
I just placed an order to help with MOQ, but not truly interested in these. If these well exceed MOQ, then you cancel my 2 sets.

So do we need to hit MOQ for all sets to proceed, or is it individually? If we don't hit it by 4/20, then this GB gets canceled or extended?

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #531 on: Sun, 14 April 2013, 12:17:36 »
GB already got extended once, if we don't hit MOQ prices will be much higher, in some cases double or triple of the original price....

White on purple modifiers pack - 32 key set
  Price:
    100 - $123.00
    150 - $82.00
    200 - $61.50  <-- We are here - 220 ( high hopes we will reach 250)
    250 - $49.20
    300 - $41.00

CMYK (black on color keycap) modifiers pack - 16 key set
  Price:
    100 - $99.00  <-- We are here -153 ( not much hope, we need 200 sets or price stays $66 for modifiers only)
    150 - $66.00
    200 - $49.50
    250 - $39.60
    300 - $33.00

Esc pack - 3 key set
  Price:
    100 - $32.00
    150 - $21.34
    200 - $16.00  <-- We are here - 224 (high hope that we will reach 250)
    250 - $12.80
    300 - $10.67
    350 - $9.15
    400 - $8.00
« Last Edit: Sun, 14 April 2013, 12:27:55 by bazemk1979 »

Offline pasph

« Reply #532 on: Sun, 14 April 2013, 13:10:21 »
GB already got extended once, if we don't hit MOQ prices will be much higher, in some cases double or triple of the original price....

White on purple modifiers pack - 32 key set
  Price:
    100 - $123.00
    150 - $82.00
    200 - $61.50  <-- We are here - 220 ( high hopes we will reach 250)
    250 - $49.20
    300 - $41.00

CMYK (black on color keycap) modifiers pack - 16 key set
  Price:
    100 - $99.00  <-- We are here -153 ( not much hope, we need 200 sets or price stays $66 for modifiers only)
    150 - $66.00
    200 - $49.50
    250 - $39.60
    300 - $33.00

Esc pack - 3 key set
  Price:
    100 - $32.00
    150 - $21.34
    200 - $16.00  <-- We are here - 224 (high hope that we will reach 250)
    250 - $12.80
    300 - $10.67
    350 - $9.15
    400 - $8.00

And, in your opinion, how many will pay those higher prices?
I've ordered 2x modifiers pack + 1x CMYK + 1x Esc pack  but i ain't going to pay $238 for those.
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #533 on: Sun, 14 April 2013, 13:23:04 »

Let me just stop you right there.  There won't be higher prices because there won't be a group buy.  Lysol has already stated that he won't be doing that.

Offline Jmneuv

« Reply #534 on: Sun, 14 April 2013, 15:17:53 »
Hmm where is this coming from bazemk1979? Are you part of organizing this gb?

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #535 on: Sun, 14 April 2013, 15:19:28 »
Those are the theoretical "tiers" I posted, which are not official, not happening, not part of this GB.

in memoriam

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #536 on: Sun, 14 April 2013, 17:38:12 »
Those are the theoretical "tiers" I posted, which are not official, not happening, not part of this GB.
when you posted them for the first time you didn't said they were theoretical, I thought  someone already had a talk with GMK. Well my bad didn't paid full attention on your later post saying the way you came out with those prices ( u used math of people buying multiple sets to reach MOQ).

Offline cobraj

« Reply #537 on: Sun, 14 April 2013, 17:58:05 »
Let's just hope we can get another 80 or so haha :)

Offline Dianoda

« Reply #538 on: Mon, 15 April 2013, 13:03:31 »
CMYK set will look awesome with black caps. CMY caps will shine among black caps!!

Call me crazy, but I kinda want to see CYMK on Dolch ;D

18832-0
« Last Edit: Mon, 15 April 2013, 13:17:26 by Dianoda »

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #539 on: Mon, 15 April 2013, 13:28:48 »
It would have all the required keys :D defineatly looks ace.

Offline duq

• Connoisseur
« Reply #540 on: Mon, 15 April 2013, 13:30:14 »

(Attachment Link)

Why is this crazy?

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #541 on: Mon, 15 April 2013, 13:32:42 »
Because, man                                                                                                                        it's
                                 man
                                                                               crazy
Can't you see?

Offline limmy

« Reply #542 on: Mon, 15 April 2013, 14:41:37 »
Show Image

That is pretty nice mock up. I stored your image in imgur. I hope you don't mind.

It is not CMY"K" if there is no black, though!

Offline Glissant

« Reply #543 on: Mon, 15 April 2013, 14:54:30 »
Not like there is any black in the text or anything  :p

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #544 on: Mon, 15 April 2013, 15:02:08 »
I know right, like black legends... makes the K or something...?

Offline Dianoda

« Reply #545 on: Mon, 15 April 2013, 15:09:50 »
That is pretty nice mock up. I stored your image in imgur. I hope you don't mind.

It is not CMY"K" if there is no black, though!

No problem, it's actually a photoshoped photo of my Dolch board.  Here's a higher res, less compressed version:

http://i1.minus.com/ibemOZwXT9dNd4.jpg

Offline limmy

« Reply #546 on: Mon, 15 April 2013, 16:17:34 »
legends are like speck. only base color counts! ;)

Offline guilleguillaume

« Reply #547 on: Mon, 15 April 2013, 17:30:33 »
I may be too picky because I don't like how white on any colour combine with keycaps with black on any colour.

Every key in the keyboard must have the same lettering colour or I go mad.

Offline Acetrak

• ssk.ℜ
  • gnawm_
« Reply #548 on: Mon, 15 April 2013, 17:32:49 »
I'm the same way guilleguillaume, I think CMYK would look dope on black on white/beige though :cool:

Offline Dianoda

« Reply #549 on: Mon, 15 April 2013, 17:57:24 »
I may be too picky because I don't like how white on any colour combine with keycaps with black on any colour.

Every key in the keyboard must have the same lettering colour or I go mad.

We'll just have to do a CYMW set next time around :D

18873-0