Author Topic: GMK/Cherry doubleshot modifer packs (Complete)  (Read 289261 times)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: GMK/Cherry doubleshot modifer packs (SHIPPING)
« Reply #1250 on: Wed, 19 June 2013, 21:41:36 »
Oops, yes, sorry, thinking about something else.  Plus still trying to acclimatise to this HHKB.

Tai Hao only has black, red, blue, green, yellow, but you could come close to that ^
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
« Reply #1251 on: Wed, 19 June 2013, 21:48:26 »
Oops, yes, sorry, thinking about something else.  Plus still trying to acclimatise to this HHKB.

Tai Hao only has black, red, blue, green, yellow, but you could come close to that ^
That's like comparing **** to chocolate
Keyboardless

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1252 on: Wed, 19 June 2013, 23:55:37 »
and that's why there will be voting, let the best and most desirable combo win!!!! and for those that don't like the combo they will just skip the 2nd GB and hopefully 3rd GB or maeby 4th GB perhaps Lysol will be more experienced and he can start taking color combo votes for full sets and not just partial stuff :)

Looking forward to a Poll being setup and we all choose.  Better if the colour choices are mapped fully onto a variety of TKL and/or Full size keyboard layouts.

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #1253 on: Thu, 20 June 2013, 00:00:35 »
The poll needs to be run differently this time.  If I recall correctly purple only won by a couple votes, at 30 or so?  That is only 10% of the MOQ for the modifiers who voted for those colors.  The poll should start with X amount of choices.  After a certain voting period, eliminate the bottom 2 choices.  Do another poll.  Continue that until you reach your selection.

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #1254 on: Thu, 20 June 2013, 01:20:57 »
curious what combo options will be in the voting section
Quote from: IvanIvanovich on Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:02:50

When you bottom out dong cap... is it going balls deep?

Offline yeeeargh

« Reply #1255 on: Thu, 20 June 2013, 04:35:27 »
or make the vote multiple choice?

Offline hoasican2004

« Reply #1256 on: Thu, 20 June 2013, 07:09:31 »
Since we're suggesting ridiculous layouts

I have to always come in and suggest this, of course we can replace the purple mods for different colour  :blank:

Source - http://pinchocodia.tistory.com/17
Show Image

color block :D  nice

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #1257 on: Thu, 20 June 2013, 08:21:10 »
my vote is for this combo to happen full set

That set makes the baby Jesus cry.

I can't work out if that is a good or bad thing...

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #1258 on: Thu, 20 June 2013, 08:55:05 »
Well we are getting off track here a bit, but I will give a preview of alpha set color choices I was planning on making for vote (legend color/base color)
clear/medium grey (about half way between dolch alphas and dolch mods), white/red (like the famous red esc keys), white/bright green (like the esc key from this buy), white/bright blue, a spot to write some other thing. There will be 3 multiple choice with the same options, first, second, third choice. If there is ties or near to we will vote again with those highest vote choice only.

I know there is some fans of the handarbiet (you may have just noticed all the colors suggested are in there)... but it won't ever be ran as one set. But! with my modular packs systems you can build it, or something very close to it at least, without having to buy whole fullsize keysets, just those parts :D You will just have to wait awhile to make it, like 4-5 buys long.

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1259 on: Thu, 20 June 2013, 09:05:00 »
Looking forward to the future GMK group buys :)

Will these feature language sets or have you abandoned this idea?

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #1260 on: Thu, 20 June 2013, 10:06:27 »
Definitely will have many language options, though some probably won't be able to be made sadly due to demand. It's still a very high priority for me as I am personally interested in them as well. At the very least should have the most major like DE, ES, GB and will try best to include more especially if it is only a few more key.

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #1261 on: Thu, 20 June 2013, 11:23:16 »
Hopefully people realize that a fashionable choice will make for a better show-piece, visual experience, and won't sit in a drawer next to all of your techkeys.

There are tasteful ways to use bright colors on clothes, and by golly there are tasteful solutions for cap sets.  All of these MOQ killer sets need to stop.  If I had a whollop post smack super stick I'd use it >:{

Lysol is putting a lot of effort into this for us, and I get sick seeing the majority screw themselves out of better prices/options than originative.
« Last Edit: Thu, 20 June 2013, 11:32:09 by Binge »
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline Halvar

« Reply #1262 on: Thu, 20 June 2013, 11:46:27 »
@Binge: Sorry (really), my English is just too bad to understand this post.

Could you rephrase? Thanks a lot.

What is a "MOQ killer set"? Is that a dulled-down one in order to exceed ("kill") the MOQ , or just the opposite?

What is a "whollop post smack super stick"? Which posts would you smack and why?

I feel dumb but I just don't get it.
« Last Edit: Thu, 20 June 2013, 11:51:48 by Halvar »

Offline kekstee

« Reply #1263 on: Thu, 20 June 2013, 11:57:55 »
He said he can't stand to see stupidly extravagant colour choices on these GMK gbs, since they will never make MOQ and rot in the drawer after the first excitement has worn off.

I guess I have to agree. It shouldn't be over the top ridiculous. I mean, originative's Dolch and Default sets look just awesome, it's the goddamn ISO that brought me here.

Offline Binge

• * Maker
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #1264 on: Thu, 20 June 2013, 12:00:13 »

What is a "MOQ killer set"? Is that a dulled-down one in order to exceed ("kill") the MOQ , or just the opposite?

What is a "whollop post smack super stick"? Which posts would you smack and why?

You are not dumb or stupid.  Ask Lysol.  I am a boob.

What I am trying to explain is that there needs to be an attractive set and not a wild set for our first colorways.  An attractive set will be a solid buy for everyone who wants a nice double shot set.  With a more "exciting set" we need universal acceptance.  These wild or exciting color sets I call an MOQ killer because they KILL our ability to achieve MOQ.  They just ruin the numbers, and without the numbers we don't get to order a set.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline Halvar

« Reply #1265 on: Thu, 20 June 2013, 12:17:36 »
Thanks -- I totally agree with that.  I seem to have a different understanding of at least the word "fashionable", so I didn't get what you were talking about at all.
« Last Edit: Thu, 20 June 2013, 12:20:08 by Halvar »

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #1266 on: Thu, 20 June 2013, 12:42:00 »

You are not dumb or stupid.  Ask Lysol.  I am a boob.

What I am trying to explain is that there needs to be an attractive set and not a wild set for our first colorways.  An attractive set will be a solid buy for everyone who wants a nice double shot set.  With a more "exciting set" we need universal acceptance.  These wild or exciting color sets I call an MOQ killer because they KILL our ability to achieve MOQ.  They just ruin the numbers, and without the numbers we don't get to order a set.

you know what boob? your talking like you know the answer to everything. What set is the one you called that will be acceptable by the majority? Originative have all the acceptable set by the majority, Dolch,classic,skidata.....

So what would be ground breaking that we could do that will make it acceptable for all? oh wow lets do the dolch or the classic with clear legends, or red legends or purple legends.... this is what I have been seing people posting here all along, its the same damn set with different color legends.... why I want another dolch with different color of legends , or classic or whatever....

You know you spoke of crazy colors not making MOQ while the purple actually made the MOQ and the rest didn't, I mean anything more crazy than purple color amin....

But even you speak of lets make descent colors sets so everybody will want it, that aint working either because Lysol is not ready to run full sets, so that means next GB is alphas right, here is more problems:

1. Do you think we will get 400 MOQ for alphas only? Hell no!!!
2. What modifiers, Lysol don't want to run full set, so what to do about them, people don't like the restof the modifiers in purple, and cant make the rest in different color cause you'll end up with purple and god knows what other color gets voted...

So come on smart boob, you have any good idea that will be accepted by the rest of 400 buyers????

Offline jil_jil32

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Tokyo Press <3
« Reply #1267 on: Thu, 20 June 2013, 12:57:53 »
Well we are getting off track here a bit, but I will give a preview of alpha set color choices I was planning on making for vote (legend color/base color)
clear/medium grey (about half way between dolch alphas and dolch mods), white/red (like the famous red esc keys), white/bright green (like the esc key from this buy), white/bright blue, a spot to write some other thing. There will be 3 multiple choice with the same options, first, second, third choice. If there is ties or near to we will vote again with those highest vote choice only.

I know there is some fans of the handarbiet (you may have just noticed all the colors suggested are in there)... but it won't ever be ran as one set. But! with my modular packs systems you can build it, or something very close to it at least, without having to buy whole fullsize keysets, just those parts :D You will just have to wait awhile to make it, like 4-5 buys long.

1 vote for the BRIGHT GREEN already here!!! ^D^

Offline Jmneuv

« Reply #1268 on: Thu, 20 June 2013, 14:05:15 »
oi bazemk, we're not even voting yet, calm down;
keycaps addiction is serious, seriously;

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #1269 on: Thu, 20 June 2013, 14:29:43 »
oi bazemk, we're not even voting yet, calm down;
keycaps addiction is serious, seriously;

I'm all calmed down, the way he said it was like he had an answer to all of it. To me it don't matter, if I don't like whats coming in the 2nd GB I would skip and see whats going on later down the road. I don't mind skipping 3-4 GB's in order to join 1 that will peak my interests.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #1270 on: Thu, 20 June 2013, 14:38:28 »
ROFL!!! You guys have me in stitches here. Which is good cause I am super pissed off with stamps.com just now. ****ing ballache stupid software. WHY THE **** does it care what is the street, the city, blah blah blah for INTERNATIONAL addresses. USPS does not have to deal with it, but the local post, so why does it force me to put each thing in a separate field that is not even in the right order for the local address formats? WHY? Someone needs to explain this stupidity to me please.

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #1271 on: Thu, 20 June 2013, 14:43:50 »
I feel for you Lysol, you got all them orders to ship.....

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #1272 on: Thu, 20 June 2013, 14:55:51 »
I understood the idea to do a "small set" buy with GMK to establish a working relationship, but we might need to toss out the idea of completing the purple modifiers with nav/arrow/F5-F8. Buying just alphas is a bad idea right now because if you didn't get in on the purple modifiers then you have nothing to pair it with. The best idea would be to "do it right" from here on out and just go for an entire set. Mission accomplished with GMK relationship, and I think everyone can accept that the purple modifier keys will look great on 60% boards and leave it at that. Maybe GMK will drop their MOQ in the future and we can re-visit finishing the purple set.

We should focus on one full set so that it appeals to everyone. Just bundle in the 1x, 1.25x, and 1.5x keys (don't forget 1.25 and 1.75x shifts), and the language packs and everyone ansi can suck it up and pay the extra $10-15 so our pals on the other side of the ocean can get some love for a change.

I'm just going to throw it out there, but there isn't a yellow on black and/or black on yellow set that I know of and the two look pretty nice together. It could be "Bumble bee" or something like that. Maybe even "racing bee".
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline Binge

• * Maker
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #1273 on: Thu, 20 June 2013, 14:56:54 »

Offline badcop

• thorpe thocking master race
« Reply #1274 on: Thu, 20 June 2013, 14:59:27 »
ROFL!!! You guys have me in stitches here. Which is good cause I am super pissed off with stamps.com just now. ****ing ballache stupid software. WHY THE **** does it care what is the street, the city, blah blah blah for INTERNATIONAL addresses. USPS does not have to deal with it, but the local post, so why does it force me to put each thing in a separate field that is not even in the right order for the local address formats? WHY? Someone needs to explain this stupidity to me please.

i feel your pain.  i used to ship a ton of international order at an old job and fedex and ups websites used to give me the same problem.  major PITA. 
| MX Green Poker | HHKB Pro 2 White | HHKB Pro 2 Black | MX White Goldtouch TK Pad | Modded MX Red kul ES-87
| COMING SOON™ | MX Red GH60 | Ergo Clear GH60 |

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #1275 on: Thu, 20 June 2013, 15:01:07 »
ITT boobs and angry people

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #1276 on: Thu, 20 June 2013, 15:01:47 »
I understood the idea to do a "small set" buy with GMK to establish a working relationship, but we might need to toss out the idea of completing the purple modifiers with nav/arrow/F5-F8. Buying just alphas is a bad idea right now because if you didn't get in on the purple modifiers then you have nothing to pair it with. The best idea would be to "do it right" from here on out and just go for an entire set. Mission accomplished with GMK relationship, and I think everyone can accept that the purple modifier keys will look great on 60% boards and leave it at that. Maybe GMK will drop their MOQ in the future and we can re-visit finishing the purple set.

We should focus on one full set so that it appeals to everyone. Just bundle in the 1x, 1.25x, and 1.5x keys (don't forget 1.25 and 1.75x shifts), and the language packs and everyone ansi can suck it up and pay the extra $10-15 so our pals on the other side of the ocean can get some love for a change.

I'm just going to throw it out there, but there isn't a yellow on black and/or black on yellow set that I know of and the two look pretty nice together. It could be "Bumble bee" or something like that. Maybe even "racing bee".

I don't mind if purple is left behind, and even if it don't happen in future its fine. Full set would be the way to go, does Lysol wants to run full set?

Offline damorgue

• Personal portfolio
« Reply #1277 on: Thu, 20 June 2013, 15:12:52 »
I for one would buy several of the language kits if they are separate if that is required to get them made.

I also support going with popular less unique colourways which may fit more tastes. As someone else mentioned, going with something very specific will decrease the number of orders and be a "MOQ killer". Are there any ideas as to what colours are the most popular and which might get the widest adoption?

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #1278 on: Thu, 20 June 2013, 15:14:15 »
I don't mind if purple is left behind, and even if it don't happen in future its fine. Full set would be the way to go, does Lysol wants to run full set?

My understanding was we were trying to slowly get to the point where we are running once or twice a year full sets from GMK. I think with our first buy successfully completed aside from the shipping, which will be done soon, we can skip another small buy and go straight to a full set unless there is something I'm not aware of.

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #1279 on: Thu, 20 June 2013, 15:16:06 »
I for one would buy several of the language kits if they are separate if that is required to get them made.

I also support going with popular less unique colourways which may fit more tastes. As someone else mentioned, going with something very specific will decrease the number of orders and be a "MOQ killer". Are there any ideas as to what colours are the most popular and which might get the widest adoption?

everything else besides Classic, Dolch and Skidata color combos, Sherry has them all already. Question is what other color combos would be appealing to most of the peeps out there?

Offline damorgue

• Personal portfolio
« Reply #1280 on: Thu, 20 June 2013, 15:21:55 »

everything else besides Classic, Dolch and Skidata color combos, Sherry has them all already. Question is what other color combos would be appealing to most of the peeps out there?

Yeah, I know. Sadly, it looks like those sets will never be usable for folks outside of the US because of Sherry. Those would probably have been the ones most likely to be able to achieve MOQ too. I guess completing those sets is out of the question?

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #1281 on: Thu, 20 June 2013, 15:23:21 »

My understanding was we were trying to slowly get to the point where we are running once or twice a year full sets from GMK. I think with our first buy successfully completed aside from the shipping, which will be done soon, we can skip another small buy and go straight to a full set unless there is something I'm not aware of.

Full set would be the way to go, but that's up to Lysol if he wants to do it. Honestly that idea of bumble bee yellow modifiers with black legends / alphanumeric black with yellow legends would be very nice, I actually PM'd someone a year a go who was running a GB trough SP and told him the same idea with the same name Bumblebee, so be nice and get out of my head now :)

I wonder if the majority thinks if yellow modifiers would be flashy even when paired with black alphanumerics, I wouldn't mind yellow/black set at all. But voting is needed and maeby those color combos will go trough.

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #1282 on: Thu, 20 June 2013, 15:27:30 »

Those sets are popular because they were simple and look good. If we analyze other sets that have been successful they have been simple and looked good: Red Alert, CCnX (X being green, blue, etc), graphite, valentines. Pretty much colors that people see together and don't freak out. Toxic is doing quite well on orders and also falls into this category, but toxic has green which is one of the most recognizable colors to the human eye. I strongly feel that yellow is a close second to green, and a black/yellow would look really nice. Yellow on black alphas, and black on yellow mods.

Google "black and yellow" then check out the images. There are so many things themed black and yellow that a set like this could easily appeal to a large variety of people. We are used to seeing black and yellow for "hazardous" signs, it is also used on taxi cabs and some race cars, sports teams, some batman symbols, insects (bees/wasps), wolverine, Bruce Lee, and tons of other stuff.

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #1283 on: Thu, 20 June 2013, 15:29:12 »

Yeah, I know. Sadly, it looks like those sets will never be usable for folks outside of the US because of Sherry. Those would probably have been the ones most likely to be able to achieve MOQ too. I guess completing those sets is out of the question?

most likely yes because Sherry will be carrying 1.5 shifts, x1 R4 blanks, x1 R1 windowed and possibly ISO with the languages pack down the road. So looking at that perspective, the Dolch,Classic and Skidata will be complete trough his store. He also might bring in the coffee/cream sets too, at least they were speaking on the forums there about it... So what we need is presenting color combos sets and let people vote on them, and let other keyboard lovers sites know about the voting.

Offline Binge

• * Maker
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #1284 on: Thu, 20 June 2013, 15:33:19 »
It would be great to get a non-sherry set from GMK.  Even if the available sets are the same colors people would choose to buy for lower costs.  Just an observation.  The sets that sell keep selling.

I don't need to have higher brain function to see trend.  Being a boob, which became a hateful title, gives me the power to notice things.  Noticing the rise in pac62 prices on ebay and attention sherraton's site has received leads me to believe that MOQ would not be difficult with the right colorways.  Lime green on pure cyan?  People can keep on dreaming their sick dreams.  Yellow and black?  black might work... yellow is not a very popular color.

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #1285 on: Thu, 20 June 2013, 15:43:42 »
This just gives an idea of what it would look like, but GMK has a much nicer yellow in their "CV" color and Cherry font would also makes it look better:

black might work... yellow is not a very popular color.

Who says yellow is not a popular color?

« Last Edit: Thu, 20 June 2013, 15:49:09 by danielucf »

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #1286 on: Thu, 20 June 2013, 15:46:24 »
It would be great to get a non-sherry set from GMK.  Even if the available sets are the same colors people would choose to buy for lower costs.  Just an observation.  The sets that sell keep selling.

I don't need to have higher brain function to see trend.  Being a boob, which became a hateful title, gives me the power to notice things.  Noticing the rise in pac62 prices on ebay and attention sherraton's site has received leads me to believe that MOQ would not be difficult with the right colorways.  Lime green on pure cyan?  People can keep on dreaming their sick dreams.  Yellow and black?  black might work... yellow is not a very popular color.

Listen boob!!! lol JK

We know the dolch is the most popular set, and lets say we get it trough GMK and make it tad bit different because legends are with different color right? You can't beat sherry prices, the Dolch started at $80 on preorders, true its not full blown set like Lysol does but he will have addons later down the road. You know how many people preordered the Dolch sets?, will the same people buy all over again the same set because it has different color legends? From my point of view I wouldn't.

As Daniel said yellow/black is nice combo, but no one knows what color combo will come out on top, but I think the yellow/black combo should be given a chance for voting.

@Daniel: No doubt yellow/black looks good, but that makes 2 of us LOL

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #1287 on: Thu, 20 June 2013, 15:52:09 »
Black and yellow loooks really good. Someone organize this!

Offline Jmneuv

« Reply #1288 on: Thu, 20 June 2013, 15:55:07 »
yellow&black is way too shrill, color should be usable daily;

Offline Halvar

« Reply #1289 on: Thu, 20 June 2013, 15:55:28 »
I'll get straight yellow and black DS from Tai Hao in a few weeks months, together with 500 other color-happy people around the world. Yes I know the qualitiy is not comparable, and the legends are white, and there are no ISO or language options, but speaking for myself I won't buy more yellow and black after that for quite some time.

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #1290 on: Thu, 20 June 2013, 15:57:50 »
Just some keyboard related stuff I found in my imgur with black and yellow:

Offline aggiejy

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #1291 on: Thu, 20 June 2013, 16:08:13 »

Amen brother. I almost threw my computer out the window when I used that last.

Offline damorgue

• Personal portfolio
« Reply #1292 on: Thu, 20 June 2013, 16:24:44 »
most likely yes because Sherry will be carrying 1.5 shifts, x1 R4 blanks, x1 R1 windowed and possibly ISO with the languages pack down the road. So looking at that perspective, the Dolch,Classic and Skidata will be complete trough his store. He also might bring in the coffee/cream sets too, at least they were speaking on the forums there about it... So what we need is presenting color combos sets and let people vote on them, and let other keyboard lovers sites know about the voting.

Where did you read about Sherry buying ISO? I haven't read anything whichy would indicate that he would ever expand the sets he carries from ANSI.

Offline Dianoda

« Reply #1293 on: Thu, 20 June 2013, 16:28:03 »
Just some keyboard related stuff I found in my imgur with black and yellow:

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

So, I had never heard of rit-dyeing keys before, but that's apparently how the black on yellow keys were made (what can I say, I was curious and had to know where those came from).  Just need to find some cherry doubleshot black on white keys first...

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #1294 on: Thu, 20 June 2013, 16:37:04 »
So, I had never heard of rit-dyeing keys before, but that's apparently how the black on yellow keys were made (what can I say, I was curious and had to know where those came from).  Just need to find some cherry doubleshot black on white keys first...

They didn't look dyed to me when I had them, but perhaps they were. I couldn't bring myself to cut in to see what the guts were like.

Offline Dianoda

« Reply #1295 on: Thu, 20 June 2013, 17:09:18 »

They didn't look dyed to me when I had them, but perhaps they were. I couldn't bring myself to cut in to see what the guts were like.

http://www.overclock.net/t/551389/keyboard-dye-customization-guide/70

They looked identical to the caps in this thread, so I just assumed they were the same ones.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1296 on: Thu, 20 June 2013, 17:09:38 »
I like the way this thread is going, yellow-wise :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #1297 on: Thu, 20 June 2013, 17:22:25 »
http://www.overclock.net/t/551389/keyboard-dye-customization-guide/70

They looked identical to the caps in this thread, so I just assumed they were the same ones.

Looks like I purchased that guys board off of ebay, small world. Good eyes/memory.

Offline emptythecache

• out.
« Reply #1298 on: Thu, 20 June 2013, 17:29:54 »
in terms of yellow, i would like to see BoY for the full set. But Daniel, have you thought about seeing if we could leverage the massive number of orders for toxic and do it with GMK? some people would drop out because of cost, but some would probably join.

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #1299 on: Thu, 20 June 2013, 18:23:40 »
in terms of yellow, i would like to see BoY for the full set. But Daniel, have you thought about seeing if we could leverage the massive number of orders for toxic and do it with GMK? some people would drop out because of cost, but some would probably join.

I've already done a lot of work with Signature Plastics getting the custom color and paying for some legends so I'm dedicated to making it with them. We could definitely do a round two with GMK at a later date for sure.