Author Topic: IBM Model F XT: reattaching space bar without taking the whole thing apart  (Read 4127 times)

Offline khaangaaroo

I'm new to buckling springs, so I didn't know some boards had stabilizers that are attached to the spacebar before the board is put together, like on my Model F XT. I pulled all my keys off for cleaning, only to realize the space bar would not snap back onto the stabilizers.

I did end up taking the whole board apart to reattach it, but I later thought of an alternate method: Drilling a small hole to loop some string (I used dental floss) to pull the stabilizer forward and into the slot as you're pushing the spacebar down. I removed and reattached the space bar two more times with this method. Worked like a charm! I hope this helps prevent some headaches for some people.

« Last Edit: Sat, 09 March 2013, 18:13:13 by khaangaaroo »

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Good job!

I have done that exact thing several times with the board apart, but never came up with a way to do it from the top.
But no matter how much smoking-gun evidence Cheney and the January 6 committee uncover, the Fox News crowd and YouTube rabbitholers are dead to the factual world. Their views will never change, and roughly two-thirds of them are still convinced Trump was the rightful winner in 2020, despite his year-long drought of producing a single shred of evidence to back his claim. Frankly, Cheney doesn't have the luxury of time to waste on a bunch of brain dead zombies.
Instead, Cheney made her goals perfectly clear this week, signaling that the committee would produce the evidence necessary to find Trump, and perhaps several of his co-conspirators, criminally liable for violating felony statute 18 U.S. Code 1512. To that end, Cheney used every public platform available to her this week to lay the groundwork for her case.
Kelley Eleveld 2021-12-18

Offline zooksman

Just wanted to say thanks for this, 4 years later. I did it today and it worked like a charm.