Author Topic: Introducing: Myself!  (Read 1810 times)

Offline mAz

Introducing: Myself!
« on: Sun, 10 March 2013, 04:04:57 »
Hey guys,

My name is Dan, I am 24 and an avid gamer and I love all things PC tech! I'm from the UK and I am currently a freelance anything (ie: unemployed)

I stumbled across the forum while searching for some inspiration for my customising my keyboard and I felt I should join as it looks like a pretty good place to be! Not much to say about myself really, I live with my GF and her parents with our puppy, Captain (Beagle/Jack Russell X). I have over 14 years of IT knowledge and experience and I really want to get involved in a career with IT. I love playing Starcraft and drinking ale and I normally live-stream myself doing one of these 2 things on a daily basis. If you would like to watch my stream, have a laugh at or with me then you can find me at www.Twitch.TV/TPEmAz (I recommend using the "new" version of the website as the layout is a lot better!)

My current set-up consists of:

Keyboard: CMStorm QFRapid
Mouse: Logitech G600 Black
Monitors: 2 x BenQ GW2250
Mousemat: Razer Goliathus Control
Headset: Logitech G930 Wireless
Webcam: Microsoft Lifecam

Case: Antec 902
Motherboard: Asus P8Z68-V Pro
CPU: Intel i7 2600k 3.4GHz
CPU Cooler: Antec Kuhler H2o 920
RAM Kingston 1333 4x2GB
GPU Asus nVidia GTX580
HDD: WD CaviarBlack 1TB
SSD: Kingston HyperX 100GB
PSU: Antec 1200 Pro

Drink: Coffee, Spitfire, Bombardier and Lancaster
Food: Anything except nuts... They are my kryptonite
Music: 80's Rock
Babe: Hyuna (Every DAMN time!)

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
Re: Introducing: Myself!
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 10 March 2013, 04:09:59 »
Hey man, always great to have more people from the UK on board! Hope you enjoy your stay here! And try not to spend all of your money too fast :D 
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline mAz

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 10 March 2013, 04:23:09 »
Thanks Tym! Yeah the UK isn't the greatest but it's home.

Spending money isn't normally in my job description, I leave that to the lady but occasionally it's nice to treat yourself!

Offline sonic_the_hedgehog

• That's a fast hedgehog...
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 10 March 2013, 05:37:10 »
I am currently a freelance anything (ie: unemployed)

This made me laugh, quite much  :))

Hope you can find some decent gear and decent advice on here to get you a sweet keyboard setup.
IBM Model M | Cherry G80-3000LXCEU-2 (Browns) | Cherry G80-3494LYCUS-2 (Reds) | Old School AT Mechs | Old School XT Mech | Old School Japanese XT Mech  (Details / Pics Coming Soon :D)

Offline mAz

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 10 March 2013, 05:47:19 »
I am currently a freelance anything (ie: unemployed)

This made me laugh, quite much  :))

Hope you can find some decent gear and decent advice on here to get you a sweet keyboard setup.

Thanks Sonic, I already am very happy with my current keyboard but I would love to somehow make it my own, I am currently looking into hydrodipping (Youtube it if you aren't sure what it is) and hopefully one day I will get round to making a scratch built one... If I can find the patience!