Author Topic: Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm  (Read 3277 times)

Offline mAz

Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm
« on: Mon, 11 March 2013, 10:42:42 »
Well guys, for those among us who are RTS fans, one of the most anticipated games of the past year or so is almost upon us.

In less than 8 hours we will be knee deep in our enemy's blood and hoping to come out alive, in multi-player on that ladder to the sky or in the single-player trying to find out what will happen to Kerrigan and Jim Raynor.

I will be streaming my gameplay from the moment I am able to log on to the game and I will hopefully (If I can stay awake long enough) will be completing my placement matches with my 2s team-mate and I will also be wanting to go through the campaign to the end.

The reason I am making this thread is because I am wanting to create somewhere for fans of the game to go, hang out and play with others from Geekhack. Currently the best way to get in touch with me is by going onto my Twitch channel but I will be making a chat group later on HotS for others to join and get this thing off the ground!

If you want to join in, play some games with us and just hang around and do whatever, you can find the stream at www.Twitch.TV/TPEmAz and that will be where the info for the group will be found. Join in, say hello and come introduce yourself!

Dan

Below is a picture of where I will be commanding my units from for the next however long I will be awake! (Please ignore the second monitor, my lovely girlfriend that spending my money and looking at pictures of cats in high definition was more important)
« Last Edit: Mon, 11 March 2013, 10:48:59 by mAz »

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
Re: Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 11 March 2013, 10:44:33 »
I'm so down. I'll be holding it down hard in the Gold League. Kids don't know about my HellBat drops :P

Offline mAz

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 11 March 2013, 10:51:15 »
I'm so down. I'll be holding it down hard in the Gold League. Kids don't know about my HellBat drops :P

Oooh gold league, nice! Join us later in the group and we can hopefully have some fun "community" style games going!

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 11 March 2013, 11:00:43 »
If we play team games, I'm warning you right now, I off-race and try Protoss cheeses lmao. I'm all about those cannon rushes.

Offline mAz

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 11 March 2013, 11:03:15 »
If it's in the game, it's fair game!!

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 11 March 2013, 13:44:28 »
I'll be up for it when my copy arrives... hoping I can work my way into HotS diamond before Terrans work out how broken mines and drops are lol

probably be laddering as much as possible before my gf gets back on thursday lol

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 11 March 2013, 13:58:43 »
I'll be up for it when my copy arrives... hoping I can work my way into HotS diamond before Terrans work out how broken mines and drops are lol

probably be laddering as much as possible before my gf gets back on thursday lol

Why so salty Baldgye? Dont play Terran? :P

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 11 March 2013, 14:03:39 »

Why so salty Baldgye? Dont play Terran? :P

Protoss... I'm not salty, but its pretty broken how a Terran can (with almost no skill required) fly a medivac into your base, drop mines kill ****, and leave without loosing anything because of how silly fast they are... they don't even loose energy...
and if you don't go for a fast tech your pretty much dead because you can't mine from one base, and if you do and they do one of terrans many silly SCV all in's you die because you tech'd up fast...

I'm not really crying because PvT is one of my favorite match ups... but the fact that it costs the terran almost nothing to do is pretty silly...

Offline Leewei

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 11 March 2013, 14:20:40 »
Ooo. Can't wait!
Filco Majestouch 2 Beige TKL with MX Reds
Qsenn dt-35

Offline calavera

« Reply #9 on: Mon, 11 March 2013, 19:30:47 »
I'll be getting HoTS in the mail tomorrow. On top of that Battlefield 3 End Game DLC is coming out tomorrow as well so.......

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 11 March 2013, 21:11:50 »
got my copy from my buddy at gamestop
15473-0

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 11 March 2013, 22:16:31 »
This just came out? I preordered mine right when preorder was available. I'm surprised it actually came out this fast. Haven't had time to really look at the game but I look forward to it during my break. I'm around Diamond/Master when I left wings of liberty about a year ago.

Offline Permeability

« Reply #12 on: Mon, 11 March 2013, 23:22:31 »
Anyone watching the blizzard launch stream? I didn't know Polt was sponsored by CoolerMaster now! that's pretty awesome
Keyboards:
'The Cheat' - lubed 62g Clears
Ducky Shine 3 TKL lubed 45g Reds (Work)

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #13 on: Mon, 11 March 2013, 23:28:43 »
I'm in!  I'm a crappy zerg.

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 12 March 2013, 07:15:29 »
My CE is in the mail, but I probably won't get it until tomorrow. Tracking says it's at the post terminal in a nearby city, but that usually means it won't be here until tomorrow morning.
Not sure if I'll play a lot of online, though, I'm mostly stoked about the campaign.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #15 on: Tue, 12 March 2013, 07:23:44 »
Anyone watching the blizzard launch stream? I didn't know Polt was sponsored by CoolerMaster now! that's pretty awesome

He got a private sponsorship? I missed that. Sweet.

Offline Permeability

« Reply #16 on: Tue, 12 March 2013, 23:53:55 »
Yeah he was wearing a jacket as if he were an old branded QFR!

http://i.imgur.com/Eksx9qf.jpg
Keyboards:
'The Cheat' - lubed 62g Clears
Ducky Shine 3 TKL lubed 45g Reds (Work)

Offline tricheboars

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Keyboards are Important!
« Reply #17 on: Wed, 13 March 2013, 00:18:14 »
the new units are great. i am really groovin on the look of the protoss air units.

you know what is funny. i have never finished the campaign for the first part. i should do that before i hit up the campaign to HotS. but i doubt i will. i just like to play small multiplayer vs AI or team based 4v4 online. one season i got to the gold league. but that was a long time ago.

i love starcraft 2. this is the longest in human years i have ever played a game. not by the most hours but just the longest it has been installed and played. except maybe my NES. whenever i get drunk i bust that out.

wu tang is for the children.
|  Fundamentalist ErgoDox Zealot  |  HHKB Hybrid

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #18 on: Wed, 13 March 2013, 00:19:44 »
I didn't even have time to read the thread, just saying you guys won't see me for a while... see you in Grandmasters or IRC. Also join the in game GeekHack channel
I love Elzy

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #19 on: Wed, 13 March 2013, 07:13:08 »
I didn't even have time to read the thread, just saying you guys won't see me for a while... see you in Grandmasters or IRC. Also join the in game GeekHack channel
What channel?

Also, got mine just now. I have to say that the mousepad is a disappointment, it seems to be like those mousepads you can get whatever you want printed on as novelty gifts. I had some faint hope that they'd included one of the HotS QcK mats.
The dog tag USB drive in WoL is way cooler.

Offline Henkers

• Youtube
« Reply #20 on: Sun, 24 March 2013, 14:21:45 »
Got level 30 toss last week, the black zealot is so sexy.