Author Topic: Question about Ducky w/ Cherry MX Greens  (Read 3840 times)

Offline eRadicatedZomBiE

• It's OK, I'm A Doctor.
Question about Ducky w/ Cherry MX Greens
« on: Mon, 11 March 2013, 21:32:46 »
Wanted to see if anyone had any idea or information if ducky was going to release the Ducky DK9008G2 with green switches again or do they have a new board coming out that will have them. I'm trying to find one now but there's no hope. :(
CM QFR | WASD V1 | Flico MJ2 LE Blue | Ducky 78 | Ducky DK9008G2 Pro LE  |Phantom |
Ergodox

My WTB Thread

Offline jabar

Re: Question about Ducky w/ Cherry MX Greens
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 11 March 2013, 21:46:53 »
Wanted to see if anyone had any idea or information if ducky was going to release the Ducky DK9008G2 with green switches again or do they have a new board coming out that will have them. I'm trying to find one now but there's no hope. :(
Duck was going to do a whole series of specialty switches (Green, Grey, Dark Grey, White), but I think they got rolled into the new thick dyesub PBT boards which are a few months off. Yes they are coming sometime this year; stay tuned.
Leopold FC660C - Max Keyboard Nighthawk X8 - Ducky DK9008 Shine II 78 Edition - Noppoo Choc Mini - Cherry G80-2100HDD - Cherry G80-8113HDPUS - Plu-M87 - Leopold FC700R Ergo Clears - Deck Legend Frost 105 - IBM F PC Keyboard - IBM M 122 (Lexmark) - Apple Extended Keyboard II

Phantom 7bit

Offline missalaire

• Great Finder of Great Finds
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 11 March 2013, 21:59:16 »
Duck was going to do a whole series of specialty switches (Green, Grey, Dark Grey, White), but I think they got rolled into the new thick dyesub PBT boards which are a few months off. Yes they are coming sometime this year; stay tuned.

They need to hurry it up. I want a Ducky with Greens and Clears so bad >.<
Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Mechanical keyboards are primarily vessels for novelty keycaps...
Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline Tempest790

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 11 March 2013, 22:00:01 »

Yes.  Their Facebook page shows all the switches they will support including Green, Gray, White, etc.  That's good news, since a lot of those switches are apparently rare.  Trust me, I'm definitely in the hunt to get a Green MX keyboard too.  Hopefully, they'll be coming over soon (ie. the next few months).  To put it in perspective, they announced the DK9008G2 with Green MX on Oct 1st.  It made it stateside about the end of November.  With any luck, we'll start seeing these keyboards by summer.  Heck, I'd probably buy the CM-Storm XT keyboard with Green switches if they ever released it.  The Trigger is too big for my use.

Offline jabar

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 11 March 2013, 22:41:53 »
Yes.  Their Facebook page shows all the switches they will support including Green, Gray, White, etc.  That's good news, since a lot of those switches are apparently rare.  Trust me, I'm definitely in the hunt to get a Green MX keyboard too.  Hopefully, they'll be coming over soon (ie. the next few months).  To put it in perspective, they announced the DK9008G2 with Green MX on Oct 1st.  It made it stateside about the end of November.  With any luck, we'll start seeing these keyboards by summer.  Heck, I'd probably buy the CM-Storm XT keyboard with Green switches if they ever released it.  The Trigger is too big for my use.
CM might be your best bet if you cannot wait. I sold my Ducky Green board; it was awesome but it didn't suit me for gaming.
Leopold FC660C - Max Keyboard Nighthawk X8 - Ducky DK9008 Shine II 78 Edition - Noppoo Choc Mini - Cherry G80-2100HDD - Cherry G80-8113HDPUS - Plu-M87 - Leopold FC700R Ergo Clears - Deck Legend Frost 105 - IBM F PC Keyboard - IBM M 122 (Lexmark) - Apple Extended Keyboard II

Phantom 7bit

Offline Tempest790

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 12 March 2013, 07:07:13 »
CM might be your best bet if you cannot wait. I sold my Ducky Green board; it was awesome but it didn't suit me for gaming.

Wish I knew that.  I'd buy a Ducky Green if someone is willing to sell theirs.  The Ducky Green would be for work where I do most of my typing.  I like a backlit keyboard at home, so I'll probably stick with Cherry Red's for home use.  Actually, I can wait.  I'm sure we'll be seeing a lot of nice keyboards in the future.  Overall, mechanical keyboards are really making a comeback.  I get a lot of compliments at work about my keyboard, and a couple of people have already ordered one for themselves.  The more demand will mean more choices.  Love it!

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 12 March 2013, 10:09:58 »

They need to hurry it up. I want a Ducky with Greens and Clears so bad >.<

me too. i think greens will be the switch for me...just haven't been able to try them out

Offline Ahlitah

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 12 March 2013, 12:43:42 »
If you do manage to find one.

You better hope all the keys click when you get it, otherwise it will get lost in Ducky RMA Limbo!

Or you can fix it yourself or live with it.

Offline eRadicatedZomBiE

• It's OK, I'm A Doctor.
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 12 March 2013, 17:17:20 »

You better hope all the keys click when you get it, otherwise it will get lost in Ducky RMA Limbo!

If I get one and one key doesn't work I'll just blame you. ;D
CM QFR | WASD V1 | Flico MJ2 LE Blue | Ducky 78 | Ducky DK9008G2 Pro LE  |Phantom |
Ergodox

My WTB Thread

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 12 March 2013, 17:24:44 »

If I get one and one key doesn't work I'll just blame you. ;D

tell me if/how you get one because i am interested as well

Offline Tempest790

« Reply #10 on: Tue, 12 March 2013, 17:57:52 »
They would probably have to cannibalize some from another keyboard I guess.  If CM-Storm is so adamant about pushing Green MX's they should have individual switches in stock.  WASD sells Red, Blue, Brown, and Black's.

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 12 March 2013, 18:02:26 »
They would probably have to cannibalize some from another keyboard I guess.  If CM-Storm is so adamant about pushing Green MX's they should have individual switches in stock.  WASD sells Red, Blue, Brown, and Black's.

i want to buy clears in stock....can't find them anywhere :0

Offline Ahlitah

« Reply #12 on: Tue, 12 March 2013, 18:31:45 »

Feel free!

The KB felt great! other then the non-clicking keys which made it annoying to type on.

Still thinking mine is lost in Limbo somewhere, I  should of just kept it and lived with the non-clicking keys.... sigh :(

Offline Tempest790

« Reply #13 on: Tue, 12 March 2013, 19:05:43 »

Check with WASD Keyboards. They will be selling their V2 with Clears this summer. They may start selling individual clears too.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 12 March 2013, 19:08:23 »

Check with WASD Keyboards. They will be selling their V2 with Clears this summer. They may start selling individual clears too.

Whatttttttt???? Where'd you here that Tempest?

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
« Reply #15 on: Tue, 12 March 2013, 19:34:23 »

where did you hear that? that would be huge!

Offline FckCarrots

« Reply #16 on: Tue, 12 March 2013, 20:11:43 »
Am I missing something?  I just bought a green Cherry MX Ducky Shine 2 from pchome.com

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
« Reply #17 on: Tue, 12 March 2013, 20:19:10 »
Am I missing something?  I just bought a green Cherry MX Ducky Shine 2 from pchome.com

green leds?

Offline eRadicatedZomBiE

• It's OK, I'm A Doctor.
« Reply #18 on: Tue, 12 March 2013, 20:19:34 »

Do you have a link?
Ergodox

My WTB Thread

Offline missalaire

• Great Finder of Great Finds
« Reply #19 on: Tue, 12 March 2013, 20:23:04 »

Unless in their picture you can actually see that the switch color is green, green on their site = MX blues.
Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Mechanical keyboards are primarily vessels for novelty keycaps...
Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline Tempest790

« Reply #20 on: Tue, 12 March 2013, 20:39:22 »

where did you hear that? that would be huge!

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=36183.0

Offline FckCarrots

« Reply #21 on: Tue, 12 March 2013, 20:54:22 »
Do you have a link?

http://global.pchome.com.tw/english/DCAH0X-A70702244

Unless in their picture you can actually see that the switch color is green, green on their site = MX blues.

I think you might be right, luckily it was a toss up between the blues and greens.