Author Topic: Hello people!  (Read 1027 times)

Offline Brown

• Mechanical Keyboard Virgin
Hello people!
« on: Thu, 14 March 2013, 16:08:00 »
Hey guys I'm Michael, people call me Brown.  I'm 17 and love computers, I built my first one at the age of 13 with my own earnings.  However, I'm pretty much new to mechanical keyboards, but I have done a lot of research recently and I am now in search of a good mechanical keyboard.  (Looking at a Filco atm)  Many of my friends have a mechanical keyboard (Razer BWs), but nothing really good.  I've been on and off searching for a mechanical keyboard for a while but  could never really figure out what I wanted, so when I was referred here by a guy on Kijiji who was selling his Ducky Shine II I immediately came here.  So far it's been great and I look forward to getting involved more and more with the community.

- Brown

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
Re: Hello people!
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 14 March 2013, 16:21:52 »
Well welcome. It's great to see that you're already getting involved. Hopefully you decide to stick around. It seems a lot of people introduce themselves the first day and I never see them again.

Offline Brown

• Mechanical Keyboard Virgin
Re: Hello people!
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 14 March 2013, 17:01:09 »
I mostly lurk because I feel dumb reading half the stuff in this forum, I don't know what half of it means.  I've heard stuff like the GH60, Phantom, 7bit, etc. 

I do plan to mod my keyboard in the future, and have been looking at the CNC Aluminum cases out there, but they're quit expensive.  Although I have my hopes up as one fellow Geekhacker plans on making his own, so I'll just wait until then.  Anyways I'll be around trying to learn stuff as I go along.