Author Topic: PM system bugs  (Read 2386 times)

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
PM system bugs
« on: Mon, 18 March 2013, 01:58:36 »
I'm not sure if it's just me or any one else is experiencing it too, but sometimes the new PMs I receive are not displayed in order, and it sometimes gets marked as "read" when in fact I haven't. This causes me to miss PMs, and sometimes crucial PMs. I find myself switching back and forth daily between "display as conversation" and "display all at once" just so I don't miss any.

Here's an example of a recent one.

I JUST sent one to calavera, and it doesn't even show up at the top in my sent folder. In fact, he's not even on there! This is displayed as convo.
http://i.imgur.com/jDwIHbc.png

Displayed as convo again, but my inbox. He clearly there this time.
http://i.imgur.com/DxQdonT.png

Same thing, but I had to display it as "shown all at once"
http://i.imgur.com/PAlW1Oi.png

Offline Glissant

Re: PM system bugs
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 18 March 2013, 04:59:45 »
Just a thought I had about this.
Have you enabled "Save a copy in my outbox" as default? Either way, maybe you unchecked the option while writing the message by accident? Because the message from calavera shows as replied to, so I'm just wondering if you might have accidentally unchecked that option.

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 19 March 2013, 04:07:42 »
No my settings are correct. Ok I was AFK for about half a day, come back and got some PMs, so these screenshots are a better example.

This was just a few minutes ago. You can clearly see I'm currently on the PM with remedyhalopc at the bottom, but it's still marked as "new", while I have not even read shadovved's PMs yet and it's shows I already read it. That's why I miss some of my PMs.
16125-0

An earlier screenshot, right when I logged in and haven't ready any PMs yet. Shadovved's PM was already marked read.
16127-1

Offline remedyhalopc

PM system bugs
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 19 March 2013, 04:17:27 »
Just posting to say that I've been having issues similar to WFD's with the PM system. Pretty much the exact same plus not receiving messages randomly.

Offline Glissant

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 19 March 2013, 04:38:16 »
That last one isn't a bug though. The message gets marked as read because you went to the private messaging window, and that was the message that was newest.
I do however think that messages should be controlled like every other board I've used in my life; by clicking the message, you read it.
« Last Edit: Tue, 19 March 2013, 04:40:20 by Glissant »

Offline Glissant

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 09 April 2013, 03:46:52 »
I just did a quick little test, WFD.
Do you have the tapatalk app on any device with notifications turned on for private messages? It seems that notifications on Tapatalk 2 set the messages as read even if you haven't clicked the notification.

Offline rknize

• * Administrator
    • metaruss
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 22 April 2013, 11:42:19 »
The issue with unread messages being marked as read seems to have something to do with multiple sessions on a profile.  In fact, I strongly suspect that it has something to do with Tapatalk polling your profile to generate the notification on your phone.  This has been happening since the beginning, so it may be an outstanding Tapatalk<->SMF bug.

It drives me crazy too and it's something I've been meaning to look at again.
Russ

Offline rknize

• * Administrator
    • metaruss
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 22 April 2013, 11:43:52 »
WRT to the conversation views, yes this is quite buggy.
Russ