Author Topic: GH60 Group Buy (Salvage Mode: Enabled - Update in OP)  (Read 1615489 times)

Offline kravlin

• Look for me on IRC
Re: GH60 Group Buy (Salvage Mode: Enabled - Update in OP)
« Reply #6500 on: Tue, 28 November 2017, 14:29:53 »
Wanted to let y'all know that I'm trying to get in contact with mashby and see if I can take over the shipping for the orders he has.

I have a 6 week break from school in December/January and believe I would be able to get all of the orders shipped during that time. I've had someone text him and I have been trying to get in touch with him on Twitter which he seems to be active on.

Really hoping this works out and that those of us remaining will be able to get our boards!

If you want help, let me know! I've volunteered several times, but it always seems to fall on deaf ears.

I'm plenty good at counting things and putting them in boxes.

Krav

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #6501 on: Tue, 28 November 2017, 15:32:21 »
Wanted to let y'all know that I'm trying to get in contact with mashby and see if I can take over the shipping for the orders he has.

I have a 6 week break from school in December/January and believe I would be able to get all of the orders shipped during that time. I've had someone text him and I have been trying to get in touch with him on Twitter which he seems to be active on.

Really hoping this works out and that those of us remaining will be able to get our boards!

Go for it if you feel you are up to it, you'll have to get address updates and request shipping fees. but given things are separated out by region it does make things easier. Has he cut himself off from everyone though?

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #6502 on: Wed, 06 December 2017, 14:34:26 »
Turns out I won't be taking over the shipping. Mashby wants to finish it himself. He said he is going to post here soon(tm) with an update on shipping.

Hope it goes well for him.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #6503 on: Wed, 06 December 2017, 16:30:38 »
Turns out I won't be taking over the shipping. Mashby wants to finish it himself. He said he is going to post here soon(tm) with an update on shipping.

Hope it goes well for him.

Thank you for offering to help, billnye - much appreciated from everyone involved. 

Mashby is hoping to post a status update shortly; I just hope we can get this whole thing closed out sooner than later...

Offline vorn

« Reply #6504 on: Tue, 09 January 2018, 03:12:19 »
Has Mashby been active? I know he had a lot going on towards the end of last year. Hoping to see an update in the months to come. Fingers-crossed!!

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #6505 on: Tue, 09 January 2018, 10:06:44 »
Has Mashby been active? I know he had a lot going on towards the end of last year. Hoping to see an update in the months to come. Fingers-crossed!!

I was in contact with him in early December; he said he was just coming out of a crazy hectic time but is committed to seeing this project through.  He expected to make a post here in the next couple weeks, but that obviously hasn't happened.  I still trust mashby and believe that he will get this wrapped up, sadly that does seem to involve some delays.

Offline hellerbarde

• stumbling through the mechanical keyboard world.
« Reply #6506 on: Mon, 15 January 2018, 13:40:54 »
Hey @bunnylake! Thanks for all your efforts!

I just checked my ctrlalt account and realized I apparently never paypal'd you the money for the shipping (a year ago,... my bad...  :-[ ). My ctrlalt username == hellerbarde (same as here). Can you look into my ticket and stuff?

I hope your family is well.

Cheers,
hellerbarde
objectoriented when someone felt like it.

Offline damorgue

• Personal portfolio
« Reply #6507 on: Wed, 17 January 2018, 07:33:36 »
All hail the bunny! It looks like my part of the GB might be salvaged too.

Kind of funny to see the invoice from mid 2013. The many times I gave up on this over the years.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #6508 on: Wed, 17 January 2018, 07:35:01 »
Hey @bunnylake! Thanks for all your efforts!

I just checked my ctrlalt account and realized I apparently never paypal'd you the money for the shipping (a year ago,... my bad...  :-[ ). My ctrlalt username == hellerbarde (same as here). Can you look into my ticket and stuff?

I hope your family is well.

Cheers,
hellerbarde

All hail the bunny! It looks like my part of the GB might be salvaged too.

Kind of funny to see the invoice from mid 2013. The many times I gave up on this over the years.

ill be finished with my toxic shipping a week on saturday

after that ill get back on top of any and all outstanding tickets and cross another buy off my list

<3
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline kravlin

• Look for me on IRC
« Reply #6509 on: Mon, 26 February 2018, 15:25:34 »

I was in contact with him in early December; he said he was just coming out of a crazy hectic time but is committed to seeing this project through.  He expected to make a post here in the next couple weeks, but that obviously hasn't happened.  I still trust mashby and believe that he will get this wrapped up, sadly that does seem to involve some delays.

Um....Any news?

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #6510 on: Mon, 26 February 2018, 15:49:16 »

Um....Any news?

I haven't heard from him since making this post. 

Offline vorn

« Reply #6511 on: Tue, 27 February 2018, 00:00:30 »

Um....Any news?

I haven't heard from him since making this post.

Ya, I thought I'd drop him a mail last week before I said anything in here. I asked for a response as a "proof of life" but didn't get anything. I'll be pleasantly surprised if I ever receive my order, but I'm not holding my breathe.

Offline mauri

« Reply #6512 on: Thu, 01 March 2018, 16:04:12 »
I can't manage to fit the Cherry spacebar stabilizer between the plate and pcb, are there different types of cherry stabs? The one I have looks like a Costar stab so the wire isn't straight.
I AM BABAR KING OF THE ELEPHANTS

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #6513 on: Thu, 01 March 2018, 16:09:08 »
I can't manage to fit the Cherry spacebar stabilizer between the plate and pcb, are there different types of cherry stabs? The one I have looks like a Costar stab so the wire isn't straight.

You are probably using a bar meant for PCB mount stabs, but mounting it with plate mount inserts. If you are using Cherry plate mount stabs, you want a bar that is not bent except for the 90-degree bends on the ends.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #6514 on: Thu, 01 March 2018, 16:10:53 »
JD knows more than me, but pictures could help ;D

Offline mauri

« Reply #6515 on: Thu, 01 March 2018, 16:52:27 »

You are probably using a bar meant for PCB mount stabs, but mounting it with plate mount inserts. If you are using Cherry plate mount stabs, you want a bar that is not bent except for the 90-degree bends on the ends.

Dunno how that came to be, I thought I ordered a pcb mount stab set  :cool: But yeah, I guess I do need a straight sb wire.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #6516 on: Fri, 02 March 2018, 14:24:41 »

Dunno how that came to be, I thought I ordered a pcb mount stab set  :cool: But yeah, I guess I do need a straight sb wire.

If I’m not mistaken, these stabs all came from Ivan’s stabilizer GB. The PCB mount stabs from that buy had an extra bend in the wire that got caught between the PCB and plate as you mentioned. I can’t remember exactly what ended up happening to resolve the issue, aside from getting a new wire or stabilizer set.

Offline vorn

« Reply #6517 on: Thu, 22 March 2018, 03:29:25 »
Anyone hear from Mashby recently?

[EDIT] Silly me, Mashby isn't handling my order.
« Last Edit: Thu, 22 March 2018, 05:57:30 by vorn »

Offline mauri

« Reply #6518 on: Thu, 05 April 2018, 11:28:28 »
Alright, I'm have the worst ****ing time trying to fit the cherry plate mount spacebar stab, it literally won't fit the universal iso plate. Ya'll got any secret tips, like filing the notches or some voodoo ****.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #6519 on: Thu, 05 April 2018, 11:44:43 »
Alright, I'm have the worst ****ing time trying to fit the cherry plate mount spacebar stab, it literally won't fit the universal iso plate. Ya'll got any secret tips, like filing the notches or some voodoo ****.

If you have a bent rather than straight wire you can bend the 2 ends round a little so that the notch doesn’t interfere with the plate, it’s not ideal but will work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline mauri

« Reply #6520 on: Thu, 05 April 2018, 16:46:26 »

If you have a bent rather than straight wire you can bend the 2 ends round a little so that the notch doesn’t interfere with the plate, it’s not ideal but will work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah the problem was with the other black housing, right hand side which has only space for the housing and not much more. I managed to force it in the slot eventually but the tabs on the sides of the housing made it impossible to have it in the correct position. I just went ahead and desoldered everything and used the pcb mounted ones. With the POS soldering iron & solder suck I have I hope this is the last time I'll ever have to desolder a whole keyboard, what an absolute nightmare.

I thought plate mounted stabs were supposed to work with the universal plates. Maybe I'm remembering wrong.

Side note, how did the flashing work out again? I did the thing with flip in the original post and device manager now recognizes the keyboard as such but keystrokes don't go through. I did use the 0.1 version though, but still surely it should work with it as well.
« Last Edit: Fri, 06 April 2018, 05:51:55 by mauri »

Offline iMav

• geekhack creator/founder
  • "Τα εργαλεία σας είναι σημαντικά."
« Reply #6521 on: Sun, 08 April 2018, 12:36:47 »
So, there's a chance I may actually get the GH60s I ordered so many moons ago??  :)

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #6522 on: Sun, 08 April 2018, 21:44:45 »
So, there's a chance I may actually get the GH60s I ordered so many moons ago??  :)

it would seem that way

also hello, mr imav
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #6523 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 19:10:06 »
With another semester coming to an end in a few weeks, I thought I would put it out there again that I am willing to do the shipping for the orders mashby has.

If anyone has heard from his recently please let me know.

Offline duq

• Connoisseur
« Reply #6524 on: Fri, 20 April 2018, 11:39:53 »

Did I miss something? I too, am interested in receiving my vintage GH60. Haha.

Offline kravlin

• Look for me on IRC
« Reply #6525 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 17:00:27 »
With another semester coming to an end in a few weeks, I thought I would put it out there again that I am willing to do the shipping for the orders mashby has.

If anyone has heard from his recently please let me know.

I'm volunteering my time too.

Any news?

Offline aggiejy

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #6526 on: Wed, 20 June 2018, 23:40:05 »
 :-*

Offline n0rvig

« Reply #6527 on: Thu, 12 July 2018, 04:07:55 »
Just checking in to see if Mashby or anything is here to salvage.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #6528 on: Tue, 07 August 2018, 15:30:53 »
Just checking in to update on my third of the proxy shipping.

After cleaning up a few stragglers, I'm down to one "lost" order (below) and a few "unclaimed" orders (no response from buyer - follow up messages have been sent, and eventually I will need to consider them abandoned). 

The "lost" order was originally owned by CommunistWitchDr, then sold to someone that he doesn't remember.  Does anyone remember taking over his order?  I have no idea how this transaction went down or how to track/confirm the details, so this is kind of a shot in the dark. 

If anyone was not contacted by me and believes they should have been, please let me know.  As far as I'm concerned, I am in contact with the last few people that need tending to, so if that doesn't jive with what you're expecting don't be afraid to reach out.  :thumb:

Offline jspark

« Reply #6529 on: Wed, 15 August 2018, 20:30:37 »
Is Mashby still away? I recently moved. So, I have to update my address as well.
KBC Poker X Cherry MX Black switch
Filco Majestouch2 Ninja Cherry MX Blue switch
IBM Model M 1391401 in 1988

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #6530 on: Thu, 16 August 2018, 14:22:13 »
I honestly don't know how anyone can just have boxes of other people's **** around and feel like he shouldn't do anything about it or even go "oh i got too much real world **** to deal with maybe i should give this to someone else, no paypal or address update madness required". Either the boxes do not exist anymore and our stuff is gone, or they exist and are going to become resistant to soldering. The irony is that this happened with the 2 others that held the boxes forever but he ended up being worse than the others who held the parts for so long. A guy who had no red flags on geekhack before this. Just hand it to someone else or admit the parts are gone!

These PCBs are outrageously outdated now, though very easily programmable, but they hold some value due to what they are, similar to the phantom, and the plates should work on other keyboards.

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #6531 on: Thu, 16 August 2018, 14:31:57 »
Like this rips off old scabs, but seriously how am I supposed to feel about this? given how much money I lost.

202078-0

Offline viasacra89

« Reply #6532 on: Sun, 19 August 2018, 00:07:20 »
It's been 5 years, I think it's time to give up.
|Filco MJ2 TKL Browns|

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
  • All your base are belong to us!
    • All your base are belong to us!
« Reply #6533 on: Sun, 19 August 2018, 23:25:20 »
I really only want the switches and plates that were part of this.

Offline netdevil

« Reply #6534 on: Fri, 24 August 2018, 11:09:21 »

Its been 5 years, I am still trying after moving from person to person each time paying them more assembly fees

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #6535 on: Fri, 24 August 2018, 11:16:39 »

Its been 5 years, I am still trying after moving from person to person each time paying them more assembly fees

I have your board it’s built just need to get it out to you

I had about as many orders to do as the other proxies combined and almost all my shipping was international

I’m like 95 percent complete but I have let a handful of orders and a couple complicated bits lag whilst I took care of some other projects I’m involved in

Totally not acceptable but that’s the state of affairs my end

So to you and the other handful of guys I’m sorry for being the bottleneck, I have a busy week coming up but the week after I’ll try get in top of wrapping up my last set of orders

I definitely don’t have enough stabs or switches for this next offer as I was sent way less than was needed to complete my orders but I will have some plates and pcbs leftover I’d be happy to send to people on mashbys order list if there is no movement there

Once I get my last few tricky bits out I’ll post something to that affect here and see what we can get going

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #6536 on: Sun, 26 August 2018, 20:30:07 »
Hey all, I wanted to offer a (semi) final update for my portion of the US proxying work.

I've coordinated shipping/pickup of the final few stragglers and now have a fair amount of keyboard hardware left in my possession.  I'm really not sure what the best thing to do with it is, so wanted to gather some input/feedback from people in this thread.  Should I start going down Mashby's list and offer the items to people there?  Give it all away?  I'm not sure what's the most "fair" or makes the most sense - my main interest here is getting keyboard things into the hands of people that have paid for said keyboard things and do not yet have them (in other words, my top choice is not to sell the items and pocket the money).

The items in question:
TypeItemQty
PCBGH606
PlatePoker4
PlateUniversal ANSI2
SwitchMX Red89
SwitchMX Brown85
SwitchMX Blue5
SwitchMX Black7
SwitchMX Green19
SwitchMX Clear65
SwitchMX Grey13
Stabilizer SetCherry Plate 6.25x3

Thanks to everyone for sticking with it through all the turmoil associated with this group buy.  :-*  I was not part of running the initial buy of course (I was a participant way back when - not sure what I'm going to do with three very outdated boards, lol), but I'm glad that a decent portion of the participants were able to see some sort of closure in the end.  :thumb:

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #6537 on: Fri, 31 August 2018, 12:59:02 »
Hey all, I wanted to offer a (semi) final update for my portion of the US proxying work.

I've coordinated shipping/pickup of the final few stragglers and now have a fair amount of keyboard hardware left in my possession.  I'm really not sure what the best thing to do with it is, so wanted to gather some input/feedback from people in this thread.  Should I start going down Mashby's list and offer the items to people there?  Give it all away?  I'm not sure what's the most "fair" or makes the most sense - my main interest here is getting keyboard things into the hands of people that have paid for said keyboard things and do not yet have them (in other words, my top choice is not to sell the items and pocket the money).

The items in question:
TypeItemQty
PCBGH606
PlatePoker4
PlateUniversal ANSI2
SwitchMX Red89
SwitchMX Brown85
SwitchMX Blue5
SwitchMX Black7
SwitchMX Green19
SwitchMX Clear65
SwitchMX Grey13

Thanks to everyone for sticking with it through all the turmoil associated with this group buy.  :-*  I was not part of running the initial buy of course (I was a participant way back when - not sure what I'm going to do with three very outdated boards, lol), but I'm glad that a decent portion of the participants were able to see some sort of closure in the end.  :thumb:

I think depending on how many people were in Mashby's set, some people would probably appreciate anything.

I still want justice for the 4x I ordered with 4x plates, I always will want Justice and closure for losing 250$. But I own now over 30 keyboards, there are people more deserving :) Maybe worth finding the list and getting a feel for anyone deserving of one of those 6 PCBs.

Offline duq

• Connoisseur
« Reply #6538 on: Sun, 09 September 2018, 18:53:34 »

I've coordinated shipping/pickup of the final fewi stragglers and now have a fair amount of keyboard hardware left in my possession.  I'm really not sure what the best thing to do with it is, so wanted to gather some input/feedback from people in this thread.  Should I start going down Mashby's list and offer the items to people there?  Give it all away?  I'm not sure what's the most "fair" or makes the most sense - my main interest here is getting keyboard things into the hands of people that have paid for said keyboard things and do not yet have them (in other words, my top choice is not to sell the items and pocket the money).

The items in question:
TypeItemQty
PCBGH606
PlatePoker4
PlateUniversal ANSI2
SwitchMX Red89
SwitchMX Brown85
SwitchMX Blue5
SwitchMX Black7
SwitchMX Green19
SwitchMX Clear65
SwitchMX Grey13

I would truly appreciate this.

Offline oneproduct

• @Ubisoft
« Reply #6539 on: Mon, 01 October 2018, 21:55:40 »
As someone in Mashby's list, I would also appreciate this.
Layout: Colemak
Fastest typing speed: 131 WPM on typeracer, 136 WPM on 10fastfingers.
Daily driver: Filco Tenkeyless MX Brown with ergonomically weighted, lubed springs.
Ergo keyboards: Truly Ergonomic, Kinesis Advantage, Ergodox

Offline Trueno86

« Reply #6540 on: Wed, 03 October 2018, 09:23:31 »
Same here.

Offline Trueno86

« Reply #6541 on: Wed, 03 October 2018, 09:23:53 »
As someone in Mashby's list, I would also appreciate this.

Same here. 

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #6542 on: Wed, 03 October 2018, 21:56:59 »
Hey guys, realized it's been awhile since my last post in here.  I've been passively monitoring things - a bit hectic in my personal life for the next few weeks, and will return after to wrap things up as best I can with what I have on hand.  :thumb:  Haven't forgotten about you all.  :)

Offline Trueno86

« Reply #6543 on: Sat, 06 October 2018, 17:51:52 »
Hey guys, realized it's been awhile since my last post in here.  I've been passively monitoring things - a bit hectic in my personal life for the next few weeks, and will return after to wrap things up as best I can with what I have on hand.  :thumb:  Haven't forgotten about you all.  :)

Whats a few more weeks after 5 years :-D :-D.  Appreciate you taking things on!

Offline viasacra89

« Reply #6544 on: Thu, 25 October 2018, 22:20:09 »
I give up, I was one of the first people to order this ****.  If mashby ever gets to mine and reads this, feel free to do whatever you want to my set.
|Filco MJ2 TKL Browns|

Offline duq

• Connoisseur
« Reply #6545 on: Mon, 17 December 2018, 16:20:02 »
I give up, I was one of the first people to order this ****.  If mashby ever gets to mine and reads this, feel free to do whatever you want to my set.

Mashby, if you read this, he said to feel free to send his package to me with my order.  ;D

Offline badcop

• thorpe thocking master race
« Reply #6546 on: Fri, 08 February 2019, 09:01:38 »
So sorry for the necto post but..

I've been inactive for a number of years and I JUST realized I payed out for a few assembled GH60s like a lifetime ago and never got anything.  I see WFD went MIA.  Mashby was supposed to be taking care of the ConUS shipments? and he's MIA.  So I'm assuming I'm pretty much boned at this point? 

I just want to confirm, so I can move on from this **** show of a GB.
| MX Green Poker | HHKB Pro 2 White | HHKB Pro 2 Black | MX White Goldtouch TK Pad | Modded MX Red kul ES-87
| COMING SOON™ | MX Red GH60 | Ergo Clear GH60 |

Offline duq

• Connoisseur
« Reply #6547 on: Thu, 04 April 2019, 12:53:39 »

I've been inactive for a number of years and I JUST realized I payed out for a few assembled GH60s like a lifetime ago and never got anything.  I see WFD went MIA.  Mashby was supposed to be taking care of the ConUS shipments? and he's MIA.  So I'm assuming I'm pretty much boned at this point? 

No prob bro, there are still a good handful of hopefuls... any updates @hoffmanmyster?

Offline Trueno86

« Reply #6548 on: Thu, 04 April 2019, 14:53:29 »
Lol yeah, there are a handful of us hopefuls still lurking :-)

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #6549 on: Thu, 04 April 2019, 15:25:23 »

No prob bro, there are still a good handful of hopefuls... any updates @hoffmanmyster?

Still no word from mashby, sadly.  :|  I do still have extras as I mentioned last year, and am hoping to return to this in the near future.  Last summer and fall were pretty busy for me (wedding and all that), and I simply didn't have the bandwidth to make progress on this or any other keyboard project.  I feel terrible about that and want to get whatever I can wrapped up sooner than later, and appreciate everyone's patience.  It's been an interesting ride for all of us.