Author Topic: The keycap rage :(  (Read 1392 times)

Offline SOROBORU88

The keycap rage :(
« on: Mon, 01 April 2013, 01:50:39 »
Hello everyone, I've finally finished my first mechanical keyboard. And it was thanks to you. I bought a Keycool 87 with blacks from qtan, I bought an ancient Cherry keyboard witch czech lettering and a set of cherry profiled modifiers from Keycaps Direct. I started to use the keyboard and after the week and a half I must tell you, that I am pissed as hell?

What is the problem?

The base keycaps (f and j) don't have nods, they are damn concave :( Also all original cherry keycaps are too slippery).

I know there many of you who understand my rage. Therefore I'm asking you a question. Is there an EU vendor, who can sell a 37 keycap set of cherry profiled keycaps which have nods on f and j? And don't recommend me qwerkeys, they are expensive as hell.

I could make my own nods, with hot screwdriver placed on the bottom to make plastic sublimate up and make some kind of the tactile feedback. But I would also like to have a non slippery keycaps.

Thank you all for help.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
Re: The keycap rage :(
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 01 April 2013, 04:58:31 »
If they are Cherry doubleshots, then the F and J concavity you feel we call scoops. A lit of people, including me, prefer them to dots, lines, or any other thing on those keys.

Also, with the same caps, when the texture is worn from them, they become shiny and somewhat slick. Again, some people like that feel. I don't mind it. But many more don't at all, and prefer the texture.

Offline Hyde

• White Tofu Extraordinaire
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 01 April 2013, 07:20:31 »
Sounds like you need to get yourself some imsto PBT.

It will be cherry profile, has a dash at F and J, and will be PBT which is resistant to wear so the texture stay there longer.

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline SOROBORU88

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 01 April 2013, 10:34:45 »
And where do I find them? Is imsto an EU vendor? Last time I paid a big toll for keycaps direct modifiers...