Author Topic: Filco Majestouch 2 Camouflage Tenkeyless Modification Query...??? Help...???  (Read 1247 times)

Offline Shiziticus.Maximus

Hello Fellow Humans.  I'm new to the site, but quite glad to have found it.  Yes...I've managed to migrate towards Filco keyboards, and I must say, what a drastic difference it is to what I'd been settling for.  :cool: I'd no idea that the difference would be so drastic...but it is.  In any case, I have a burning desire to modify my Filco Majestouch 2 Camo / equipped with Cherry Black's.   I LOVE the blacks, FAR nicer than the blues I'd been using.  Anyway, what I'm wanting to do is backlight my keys.  Now I know that some of you think this is stupid, foolish, but I myself really seem to prefer backlit keys...I actually contributes to my capacity to work and play more fluently, plus, my work / play area / studio is 100% dark, and that is the way I prefer to keep it at all times. 

My question therefore is : HOW can I go about modifying my Filco for backlit led lighting...???  I'm very very mechanical and flawlessly precise, but I'm having real difficulty getting accurate input as to which parts I should use to tackle this particular mod.  I'm kinda interested in using transparent key caps but I'm really wanting to do this, so, perhaps someone might be able to give me some accurate, usable, mechanical advice on this matter. 

I truly hope I can find some help.  After this mod, I'm thinking about tackling a complete keyboard build from scratch.  My idea is to fashion a deck out of billet aluminim via CNC, and then install the internals from a FILCO, then...doing something interesting with lighting.  First things first however.  Please help.  ANY help would be much appreciated.  Thanx.