Author Topic: O-ring question  (Read 1328 times)

Offline mrelectric

O-ring question
« on: Fri, 12 April 2013, 06:53:25 »
Hey guys!
I have cherry mx blue keyboard and I love it, I just wish it had a softer landing and didn't make that annoying clack sound, so I looked up o-rings but I am confused about which one I want. I definitely want a soft landing so that limits me to the two 40 models. I want my keyboard to sound like the keyboard with blues http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=510VYj6oxUY, so I was wondering if the 40A-r's give the same noise reduction as the 40A-l's?

Thanks a lot!!

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
Re: O-ring question
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 12 April 2013, 07:02:17 »
I don't think that the 40A-R and 40A-L rings have a difference in sound reduction. You also have other options in 50A, and I believe I've seen 70A and 100A . 40A-R, 40A-L, and 50A-L can be found at WASD keyboards. You can also pickup soft-landing pads from Elitekeyboards. If you want, I wrote a review on o-rings and soft landing pads here. You can check out more of my thoughts there. And for the record, my FC700R with soft landing pads feels amazing.

Offline mrelectric

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 12 April 2013, 07:22:41 »
I don't think that the 40A-R and 40A-L rings have a difference in sound reduction. You also have other options in 50A, and I believe I've seen 70A and 100A . 40A-R, 40A-L, and 50A-L can be found at WASD keyboards. You can also pickup soft-landing pads from Elitekeyboards. If you want, I wrote a review on o-rings and soft landing pads here. You can check out more of my thoughts there. And for the record, my FC700R with soft landing pads feels amazing.

Wow, thanks dude that was really helpful! I think i'll get the black dampeners since they give the sound reduction and the squishy soft landing, again thanks a lot!

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 12 April 2013, 07:31:05 »
The dampeners have less sound reduction than the o-rings but they feel better to type on IMO. I think I linked a video that has the sound difference so I hope that helped. Thanks for checking out my review :D